links folder

incy wincy

Hello everyone,

Basically i had a links folder in my favourites menu,it was empty so i deleted it.

I have done this several times now,yet when i turn the computer back on there it is!when this happens i have gone into programs etc,but it isn't there.the only place the folder appears in is in my favourites.whats going on? :huh:

• Moderators

Thats just part of Internet Explorer. As far as I know their is no way of getting rid of it for good.(I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.) Its not really doing anything so I never went to great lengths to get rid of it.(just know its supposed to be there and their is nothing to worry about.)

• Moderators

It's just like some other system created folders, you can delete them as often as you want and they'll reappear. I went through the creation of the My Pictures folder in My Documents I don't know how many times on my Win98 system after I updated to IE6.

Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Toolbar

Modify or create the entry: Name: LinksFolderName | Type: REG_SZ | Data: [set to a blank string]

Open Internet Explorer and manually delete the Links folder. Reboot.

To restore, enter Data: Links