Why Is cCleaner updated so Frequently

jillian

Did not know where to put this as you have nothing that I can find for general questions and such.

but I am just wondering why so many frequent updates ? it has really become an inconvenience for me. And I can not tell any difference from one update to the next. So , now I no longer update but twice a year. Every six months I will update ccleaner as I consider that enough for updates.

Thanks for an excellent product that i would not be without.

• Moderators

One major reason for a monthly release is that so many app are covered they are bound to have (at least) one update which then may require a change in CCleaner's removal for that program (q.v. Firefox, Chrome, WINDOWS)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 7 years later...
  • Moderators
44 minutes ago, matt4x4 said:

I find the same issue as the O.P. but its not a simple update, it is a whole new program where you have to uninstall the old program and install the new program. How do I update the version without doing what I am doing?

Other than this past update (5.47 to 5.48 where there was a security certificate change) there was no (or rarely a) need to uninstall first, ccleaner has always been install on top of old version.  I don't particularly find 1 update a month as too often, especially with things changing so fast in browsers (ccleaner has to keep up with that or you lose the main point of using it).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Personally I find it more of a marketing ploy with all the constant updates...alot of the security crap they are claiming to be updating can be done within the program without requiring a complete download and install.  Too many software programs get bugs if you install over the top of them...which, like several posters here, I delete the original program and install the new one so the install is fresh.  Still think it is a marketing ploy since every time you download you get a ton of upgrade marketing spam.  Well it is free, but it is still BS to have to go thru such crap just to update.