Automatic Registry Backups With CCleaner?

Compumind

Hi all:

Under Registry Cleaner...

Curious to know if CCleaner could backup the System Registry automatically for any sensitive action?

Sometimes, I even forget to click on the reminder to make a backup.

Thanks!

I even thought that, even more useful, would be if CCleaner automatically saved the machine name + user name + time & date stamp, then it would even be more useful!

Such as: HP Compaq DC 7600 convertible minitower/Jenny Delonsio/9-10-2011/3:39 pm

In that example (fake machine & person used for the example), a person would know if they are say, Donald, not to import the entries specific to the software that only exists on Jenny, & avoid messing things up, as well as not to take the entry & try to import it on a similar machine that would be a compaq presario, etc, etc...

• Moderators

Yeah, and like I stated in that other topic which login123 linked to (so I'm thinking we don't really need another topic about it):

It would be better to store any .REG backups made by CCleaner in the users application data folder, or even the users My Documents folder so multiple users aren't guessing which .REG file they'd need to import to fix an issue.

Importing .REG backups would of course be made much simpler for all users (not just those which are new to CCleaner) if CCleaner would have some way to manage the backups to either delete them if they aren't needed and to restore them from within the program itself like so many other registry cleaners do.

• Moderators

h the question is not "can it" (which as of today it cannot) but are the developers willing to add it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com