gigabyte releases quad sli

kobrakommander56

It is very cool that it is possible todo that. And as a proof-of-concept and in theory it is nice that they pushed the limits and now can have 4 cards.

But who need 4 graphics cards in SLI?

And who is going to use that?

Who will afford it?

High-end cards can cost like 800$. Like the GTX 7800 with 512 mb RAM.

Only people who want to beat the world-record in 3DMark will have that. :)

Or perhaps rendering studios on their high-end workstations.

Nothing for us mortals.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Eldmannen you are getting on my nerves lately. Everything that is new for some reason is bad to you.

Pretty soon I would say the next 2-3 years all highend pcs will be using sli to run multiple video cards. You practically already need the current dual sli systems to run games like battlefield 2.

Prices on this stuff drop so quickly by the time its standard it probably wont cost more than a good pc now.

I know this is sort of of topic but the site where i know alot of people do to upgrade there computer newegg is starting to raise there prices when other places are dropping them. Even in the nere future when prices are lower we are going to need a store that keeps then even lower. Any one got any good stores that is like newegg but cheaper.

Also newegg added UPS and fedex is more expensive then it used to be.

:(

Oh the quad sli, honestly after looking at it, is crap. It's just for true hardcore enthusiasts. The four gpu's dont do anymore than two gpu's, complete waste of money. The benchmarks sucked, and if you want to check it out, there is a review on toms hardware. 10 monitors is cool, but its not hte way we want to go, nvidia wants to go, or i want to go. So overall waste of money, waste of performance.

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.

Eldmannen you are getting on my nerves lately. Everything that is new for some reason is bad to you.

Pretty soon I would say the next 2-3 years all highend pcs will be using sli to run multiple video cards. You practically already need the current dual sli systems to run games like battlefield 2.

Prices on this stuff drop so quickly by the time its standard it probably wont cost more than a good pc now.

23499[/snapback]

rridgely thats one reason why i hate with dealing with electronics, because of the ever dropping prices, and the emergence of newer better technologies. Eventually, we all cope.

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.