New Forum Design

Andavari

• Moderators

This is one of a few boards that I am on that upgraded. One thing I noticed about IPB, when the upgrade happens, all the hard work that was put in to get the board running perfect goes right out the window. Sure wish they would consider the customization that was done to the previous board and make upgrading less painful for the Admins.

The upgrade I remember from the old "CCleaner" skin to IPB 3.1.4 was really just a case of getting used to what was a really bright skin with no chance of getting the "easy on the eye" CCleaner skin back again. Functionality was still good, and even I adjusted to it.

This time sadly, it's a case of an upgrade being so far out of step with it's predecessor, that IMHO it will never come close with regard to functionality, and it includes new features which are just change for changes sake.

I can't see admin even having the ability to replace quite a number of damn good features now missing, . MHO of course.

• Moderators

Saved password for login doesn't work under Firefox anymore. I have to manually enter login credentials everytime I log in. Annoying.

I've just been trying to find a solution for that and kinda found one.

Select "Sign In" and you'll be presented with the "Sign In" window with two blank fields.

Leave them blank and select "Sign In".

That takes you to the error page saying you must fill in both fields, but you'll find both fields are already filled in with your saved username/password details.

Not perfect but it's worked every time I've tried it.

You still know loads of stuff, you just lose the ability to recall it

NTLDR Is missing

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart

:P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I've just been trying to find a solution for that and kinda found one.

Select "Sign In" and you'll be presented with the "Sign In" window with two blank fields.

Leave them blank and select "Sign In".

That takes you to the error page saying you must fill in both fields, but you'll find both fields are already filled in with your saved username/password details.

Not perfect but it's worked every time I've tried it.

From info I've gathered from another forum with same IP Board software this is more of a FF issue than an IP Board one. Recommended workaround is to middle click the login button and save your credentials that way.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I just now noticed the problem that you all are having with the login.

In firefox, the fix is to firstly go to Tools/Options/Security & click Saved Passwords button.

Click Show passwords.

You will want to screenshot this password window & save it, so that you have a way to see what your password is.

While you are still in Firefox under the same window, you need to click the http://forum.piriform.com entry, & select remove.

Then, go back to Piriform Forums, & when the password box is presented, you will be able to enter your details using the screenshot of the passwords you took earlier.

But this time, it will save the updated details, & you can login like normal.

There is no need to middle click, or use workarounds.

In the past with FF I could right click a posted image and access the source url, but now get the image.

To get the image url I now have to use IE\Properties.

We're picking this design to pieces! :lol:

Kroozer, if you right click the image in Firefox, can't you just click "View Image Info"? That option is there in my Firefox 7, & should be in the other versions too.

I believe this will show you the source url of the picture you are looking at.

Is this what you are looking?

I see now I have to double right-click to view image info.

That's weird. I just tried your image above, & it is a SINGLE right click on mine.

It is possible that multiple "updates" have corrupted the settings somewhat.

Perhaps you can start/run/%appdata% and hit your enter key. Copy the Mozilla folder to the desktop.

Now, run MozBackup & select your saved passwords & bookmarks. Save the file to the desktop.

Download the new firefox, then:

Open CCleaner, go to the programs uninstaller, & uninstall Firefox, & click the box to remove everything, including user data.

Install the new Firefox from the downloads folder, & let it run/do its thing.

Close out Firefox, run MozBackup to import your old settings saved to the desktop.

Open Firefox & verify all your bookmarks & passwords are back.

This usually works, but if it doesn't, you can use the process listed above to navigate back to the the %appdata% folder, & while firefox is closed. Delete the old default Mozilla folder that Firefox created, & add the Mozilla folder on the desktop. This will import everything, including bookmarks, extensions, etc, etc.

Something definitely seems wrong with your Firefox setup, & I am suspecting that over repeated Firefox updates, that there were just so many changes over repeated firefox revisions, that some firefox function is calling for & mapping functions to places that no longer exist, or that if they DO exist, they are enough so changed from the older version(s) that they cause problems. Hence the need for a clean setup.

Firefox is good, but if you go through drastic version changes, or Firefox goes through a large number of updates, I have seen a few cosmetic & other problems occur as a result from this.

You should NOT have to double right click. Either your mouse is messed up, or some firefox config/previous updates are causing problems.

• Moderators

Firefox is good, but if you go through drastic version changes, or Firefox goes through a large number of updates, I have seen a few cosmetic & other problems occur as a result from this.

Every now and then Firefox just has to be clean installed to upgrade to a new version.

Using FF 6.0.2. With only one right-click on my signature and avatar I can view the full menu and select View Image Info.

But my images at http://forum.pirifor...ndpost&p=200772 and http://forum.pirifor...ndpost&p=201022 require two right-clicks to view the menu, then a third click reports the web site does not supply ownership information, and after several attempts will show the imageshack url.

Using FF 6.0.2. With only one right-click on my signature and avatar I can view the full menu and select View Image Info.

But my images at http://forum.pirifor...ndpost&p=200772 and http://forum.pirifor...ndpost&p=201022 require two right-clicks to view the menu, then a third click reports the web site does not supply ownership information, and after several attempts will show the imageshack url.

It only gets worse with time.

When I click the first of the two links above I am told

[#10230] You are not permitted to view our online list

I was shocked by today's FF changes.

When I use a Google search and hold down the Ctrl key whilst I left click relevant results I no longer see new TABs opened.

Now they are all stacked.

I also notice Far Right extremists have defaced Firefox itself

When I click "Help About" the result not only shows my version, but on the bottom the message

"End Use Rights".

I believe this is something that happens with PNG image formats.

You can temporarily use JPG, ICO, or some other format till I or someone else discovers a fix.

Good for the extra information. Really helped me see exactly what you were talking about.

I now have to double right click to bring it up, unless I use IE or some other web browser.

I am not sure how much time I will have to try to find a solution, but should I get around to it, I will try to post a solution later, should I get around to it.

Thank you for the extra info. Really helps!

My post above was made while on my desktop pc with a 22 inch screen... very bright!

However now I'm using my tablet pc and the white pages "background" work very well:)

Kroozer, I know of a solution to your problem.

There is an add-on for Firefox called IE Tab.

You want to get the version 2, since it supports 5, 6, 7 of firefox. -> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ie-tab-2-ff-36/

Right click a blank space on the right side of Help in Firefox, then choose add-on bar.

Now that you have it showing, you can easily click the icon in the bottom right of it to switch the web page from Firefox to IE, & vice versa.

It will auto load the current page when it switches, so that is very simple, & it works.

Now you can have your single right click, as well as the other features of IE you want in Firefox itself, since it renders with the IE engine.

Along with the safety of Firefox web browser, reliable tabbing, etc, etc.

Let me know if this helps you!

Let me know if this helps you!

First, thanks for pursuing this, Super Fast. :)

Secondly, today the issue suddenly disappeared, perhaps by a fix by Piriform. Right clicking an image produces the menu, and View Image Info shows the ImageShack urls, just like before the IP Board upgrade. Hoorah.

Thirdly, I later installed the IE Tab and it's currently working fine. :D

Saved password for login doesn't work under Firefox anymore. I have to manually enter login credentials everytime I log in. Annoying.

I use Firefox 6.0.2 and have no problem with my login to this forum being saved.

I use Firefox 6.0.2 and have no problem with my login to this forum being saved.

This is not a firefox problem.

When the forum was switched over, Firefox retained the old firefox password form fields, which caused Firefox to not fill in the boxes as it still had the same IP domain recorded for the password form field, yet did not realize that the PAGE used was different.

What you will need to do, is to screenshot your old username + password under Tools/Options/Security/Passwords/Show passwords

Screenshot - Prnt scrn key, then windows paint & CTRL + v to paste. CTRL + s to save.

After you are sure you have the password safely remembered, then you can delete the piriform forum entry.

Navigate back to the page, & Firefox will now correctly prompt you for the name & password.

Using the screenshot you took earlier, input your name + password, & it should update it.

• 3 years later...

Oh and the "Like this" buttons in posts doesn't function, same as the old vote up/down system on the old software never worked, with the same "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" error message.

This "bug" is still present. I haven't clicked Like button yet, when I tried it today it gave me that error message. Tested with Chromium and IE.

• Moderators

Like isnt a bug, it's just not hidden it doesn't work now never will

Old topic is old

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com