September Desktops

DennisD

• 2 weeks later...

Photo taken by me during one of my weekend 4x4 trips around Tassie.

This image - a back road to Scottsdale a timber town between Launceston (on the Tamar River) and St Helens (East Coast of Tassie)

Scottsdale is about 3 hours North East of Hobart, however the way I went via back roads took some 5 hours.

Hope the above is not to boring.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Hey there Hazelnut, yes I have returned, spent 4 weeks over July/August 4x4 driving/touring on the mainland (remembering I live on an the island of Tasmania, sits below the mainland Australia which Tasmania is a part of).

Drove some 5,250 Klms and visited many Aus. country towns, many back dirt/gravel roads & Pubs during that time. Plenty of grog, food and meeting local folk (particualy females). For those who know Aus. I traveled from Tas to Melbourne via ship (The spirit of Tasmania...an overnight trip across Bass Straight, some 9.0 hours on the water). Drove from Melbourne to Robinvale (on the Murray River) in Victoria, up to Mildura, over to NSW - Denilliquin, Nerrandera, Forbes, Parkes, Dubbo, Broke where my Brother owns a olive orchard, Singleton, Newcastle, Cowra, Bendick Murrell, Young, Junee, Yass, Canberra (Australian Capital Territory & the capital city of Australia...where I have lived for 2 x 10 year periods), so back to NSW, Cooma, Candello, Bembooka, Eden, now to Victoria down the Coast road to Melbourne via many many small country towns. Spent several days in Melbourne, drinking, eating, wine, w.....& song, then back to Hobart Tasmania.

Now I spend every 2nd weekend away traveling around Tasmania, taking all the dirt/gravel back roads possible, especially if there is a Pub on route.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

Hi, Tasgandy. Wow, your travels are impressive. Makes me want to dust off the old buggy and go exploring. :D

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Hi, Tasgandy. Wow, your travels are impressive. Makes me want to dust off the old buggy and go exploring. :D

Mate, save some cash, get down here to Aus. and join me in about 12 months time as I am going to take 18 months or so driving around Australia. I plan to supplement the $$$ needed by doing some IT on the way in those outback country towns. There is always plenty of hardware & internet issues to solve out in the bush.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

All are welcome, just imagine 6 or 7 vehicles traveling around Aus. in "snake alive we have a convoy"................way to go.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

Beautiful DT there Dennis. I like the app strip on the bottom too.

It's been quite some time since I've been tempted by full eye-candy DT/icons/themes/etc.

I remember with my old PowerMac8500 the best I could find free online was Kaleidoscope which was the 1997 Mac version of the later PC WindowBlinds app. Very minimal at best. Of course it was one of many reasons that would cause me to reformat on a bi-daily basis. Some themes worked well, some themes...not so much.

Tasgandy, your travels are impressive. Heres a screensaver for you. I skipped a few stops because Google started to choke up. :P

th_Tasgandy_trav5.jpg

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Beautiful DT there Dennis. I like the app strip on the bottom too.

It's been quite some time since I've been tempted by full eye-candy DT/icons/themes/etc.

I remember with my old PowerMac8500 the best I could find free online was Kaleidoscope which was the 1997 Mac version of the later PC WindowBlinds app. Very minimal at best. Of course it was one of many reasons that would cause me to reformat on a bi-daily basis. Some themes worked well, some themes...not so much.

I've been using that dock for years now, and of course it's free.

Rocket Dock:

I just came across that desktop image yesterday, and I think it has hidden depths.

Tasgandy, your travels are impressive. Heres a screensaver for you. I skipped a few stops because Google started to choke up. :P

th_Tasgandy_trav5.jpg

Hey Login123, thanks for that, looks different when someone else does it.

Even though I had 2 Sat Navs (TomTom & Navman) with me I still produced a set of maps for myself in A4 and stuffed in a binder that sat on the front seat.

This enabled me to take a "birds eye" view each evening and change my direction at the drop of a hat. Generally if there was a "back road" to my next destination, I took it. Mind you I also had mobile broadband & my laptop + 2 mobile phones. When I do the "round" trip in 12 months time I will have a dual mobile / sat phone. Ideal for contacting medical / flying doctor in emergency cases one might come across.

Thanks once again for your interest.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy