Stuck at 64%

obs

I'm running Windows 7, and wanted to restore some accidentally deleted files (why else would I be using recuva?). The program didn't find anything initially, then I selected deep scan, which works fine until it reaches 64%, at which point it stops, no crash, no error message. After waiting at 64% for a while, I canceled it. It found a bunch of old files, but not what I was looking for. So, I ran it again, and once more it got stuck at 64%. Tried cancelling and retrying a few more times to no avail.

edit: Wait an hour: nothing. Post asking for help: it suddenly jumps to 72%.

• Moderators

sadly this is normal deep scan is just that deep it'll take ages

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

The drive is only about 300 gb. I fell asleep with it at 73%, and woke up the next morning with it at the same place. Surely this isn't normal?

I would not think this is normal, from my experience in running Recuva, but as Nergal posted that it is, I would assume he is correct, probably having more experience than I have had with it.

Of course, various things could cause the scan time to go up or down a bit, such as the condition of the drive, etc.

But when I used it, deep scan would take a while, but did not seem to take quite that long, though!

Could be that my computer was faster, had a newer drive, etc. Don't know...