Using my college's internets...

Winapp2.ini

:lol: Well, Andavari, the speed is all over the map. Sometimes it is 3 or 4 times that. ATT has dropped the quality of this service drastically, to the point I am considering a complete change, phone and all.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I used to remember when we were happy for 600kbs :lol:

History tells us that back in the 1930s the USA had public works projects to help move the country out of the Great Depression.

Maybe nations should start a massive employment project laying fiber optic cables and get us all up to the idealistic 100 megs. That may help end the recession. :)

• Moderators

America has some of the lowest average bandwidth sizes out of developed countries.

Well our whole infrastructure is just outdated, that's another discussion but so much needs updated starting with the power grid, water supply lines, bridges, etc., before they realistically start thinking about laying down umpteen miles of fiber-optic lines - but oh wait they can't do that since we're broke.

Faster than 93% of GB, rated 3 stars.... :huh:

I'm certainly happy with it. I had to upgrade to the package with that speed because they don't cap you if you use too much. We were getting capped on a daily basis before that.

As per my home internet, it suffers a lousy 2.36 or so mb/s download speed.

Actual download rate is 366 kb/s

I presume the others are similar. Try downloading a large file, such as a game.

See how many KB/MB/s it shows in Firefox download speed.

Your rated speed & actual speed are a lot of times around 10x slower or more.

Anyway, at one time, they had a speed test that would show the results, and you could have fun, because it would also have your speed listed in the address bar. I believe a lot of sites converted over to flash rendering now, but back in the day, you could paste in whatever speed you wanted into the address bar where it showed your results & hit enter. It make it seem like you had a really, really, really fast connection!

Now, a lot of sites only show the results in your flash container window inside your browser, although I presume that could be edited using page source or other util if you wanted...

Those were the days!

• Moderators

1468141727.png

This is from my house. I'll have to try it from school the next time I'm on campus. :P

None of these numbers matter too much anyway, the fastest downloads I ever seem to get is 1mb/sec if the servers are really good(filehippo and maybe MS updates)