Clean TEMP in 48hrs or 10 days

scottf200

a - The intro/basic guide states files will be removed after 10 days

Temporary Files

<snip>By default it only removes files that haven't been used in the last 10 days, this prevents current temp files from being removed. There is an option to turn off this feature on the Options window.)

b - The Options Windows has a radio button and the text states 48 hours. I have his checked/clicked.

*** So I'm confused 2 days vs 10 days

c - I had a 6Gig file in my "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\" that was there for 3 days. (Made my nightly backup abnormally larger).

*** So I don't know why the file is there unless it is really a 10 day option.

This freeware basic tool has a "/Days:??" parm where you just specify the number.

http://nodesoft.com/EraseTemp/

a - The intro/basic guide states files will be removed after 10 days

b - The Options Windows has a radio button and the text states 48 hours.  I have

23296[/snapback]

- So no one knows if it is 10 days or 2 days (ie. pgm text right or the guide write).

- Does anyone know if there is a problem with it's processing at that level in the subdir. ie. it cleans up below that level but not at that level...yes it would seem strange but perhaps a bug.

TIA

c - I had a 6Gig file in my "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\" that was there for 3 days.  (Made my nightly backup abnormally larger).

*** So I don't know why the file is there unless it is really a 10 day option.

This folder is not handled automatically by CCleaner, I believe. It can grow quite large.

I have added it to my "Custom Folders" and have experienced no problems as a result. I believe the 48 our limit applies here also.