HELP! how to restore all data deleted in wipe driver

lee222

Please help me!!!!

this is my first time to use CCleaner.

just now i enter Tools->Drive Wiper in order to wipe free space, unfortunately, i select "Entire Drive (all data will be erased)" in Wipe option, "Simple Overwrite (1 pass)" in Security option, and "drive C,D,E,F" in Drives option. at last, i found all the data in all the drives are deleted!!!!

oh, my god! all the data is related to my work. if i lose it, my boss will kill me!!!

please kindly teach me how to find back the deleted data???

• Moderators

You wouldn't be able to wipe drive C: if it was the drive where Windows was installed.

As for the other drives I wish you good luck undoing any secure deletion because you'll seriously need it since it will be virtually impossible! You could try Recuva and see if it can find anything, but I doubt it will.

You wouldn't be able to wipe drive C: if it was the drive where Windows was installed.

As for the other drives I wish you good luck undoing any secure deletion because you'll seriously need it since it will be virtually impossible! You could try Recuva and see if it can find anything, but I doubt it will.

I have tried Recuva and find a lot of files, but when i open the files, it says "The file may be unsupported, damaged or corrupted."

how can i do?

oh, my god! all the data is related to my work. if i lose it, my boss will kill me!!!

If it was related to your work you should not risk further degradation with your amateur attempts at restoring what you have lost.

If your boss allowed you to have company data at risk on your computer,

then he was negligent if he failed to ensure adequate backup on company servers.

Whilst he might wish to kill you, and would probably want to sack you,

he may prefer to secretly fund professional data recovery and avoid exposing his negligence.

• Moderators

Getting things like "Unsupported, Corrupt" etc., in programs that would normally restore a deleted file would mean it's most likely completely unrecoverable since it was after all secure deleted, and CCleaner's 1-pass wipe technique is beyond extremely good at what it does!

My main question is why would "the boss" if it's his company computer allow any software on it including CCleaner that has the potential to be abused and irreversible wipe/secure delete production data. This topic really is somewhat strange to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

:blink:

**removes moderator hat** wow ummmm Domain Admins and I.T. people THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T LET Your employees use unknown products

**replaces moderator hat**

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Guest Keatah

**removes moderator hat** wow ummmm Domain Admins and I.T. people THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T LET Your employees use unknown products

Where are the backups? Any competent organization will have some sort of backup plan in place.. If there are none, then this *could* be a lesson for making them in the future.

My experience is it takes a major screw-up (or several minor ones) to get a backup plan instituted.

And furthermore, It seems CCleaner has a few steps you have deliberately to go through in order to get the drive erased, first is getting into the menu with the drive wipe options, second is changing the option to do so, then selecting the drive(s), then having to type "ERASE". And clicking ok. In addition there is warning text.

Where is the facepalm smiley?

Actually why they give sensitive data to people who can't/won't read is the more important question :)