Hotmail no longer working in any browser other than IE?

spelbynder

... has anyone else been experiencing this of late? I am able to access Hotmail only through IE9, the other browsers come up with a blank page or error message and it's really annoying, as I don't use IE that much usually!

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

wxp home here. just signed to hotmail in through Opera browser portable and Firefox portable, all OK. fwiw. :-)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I get this from Chrome:

Server error

An invalid response was received while attempting to load http://sn127w.snt127.mail.live.com/default.aspx. The server may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this web page later.

HTTP Error 502 (Bad Gateway): The gateway or proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Firefox and Safari give me a blank page, hitting refresh or highlighting the address returns the same blank page.

Opera gives me this:

HTTP gateway failed

Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site.

No ad-blockers or anything remotely related whatsoever.

Just signed in with Blackhawk browser, it is sort of Chrome-ish. It froze once, at the first screen. Closed it, restarted, logged in OK.

Edit: no HIPS, no site blocker software here...maybe thats it?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

I'm going to have to "call an audible" here. Plushzilla, that is atrocious advise. NOBODY should do anything like that EVER! Please, you're new here so, i'll just give you a verbal warning, we do not give other members advice that would place their computers in jeopardy. Please have a little more thought in your words.I'm sure we as a community can find a better answer/explanation than, "sometimes you need to turn off your security"

That's said

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I'm going to have to "call an audible" here. ...

Good call, coach.

edit: @ spelbynder, fwiw, I just installed the latest chrome from Filehippo, went to hotmail just as it should have. Don't have a clue what to do to help. :( Have you tried a portable version of any of those other browsers?

Hear hear Nergal! ^_^

One of my facebook friends suggested it was an error with MSN in Sydney which would be fixed soon... but it ain't! :ph34r:

Haven't tried the portable way yet...

• 3 weeks later...

... has anyone else been experiencing this of late? I am able to access Hotmail only through IE9, the other browsers come up with a blank page or error message and it's really annoying, as I don't use IE that much usually!

Things to try:

- Post your error messages so we can know more about what is causing it

- Run CCleaner & retry access (sometimes cookies/temp files can cause problems. Sure, it's not often, but it can happen!)

- Uninstall old versions of web browsers, then try Firefox/Chrome/Opera/Safari. I would try, say, Firefox first, see if it can connect, then if that fails, uninstall it & try Chrome, etc.

- Google another version of the hotmail page. For instance, if your in australia, you may be able to login using the USA, Philippines, or some other international version of the page.

- Check your internet settings. While this happens a lot under Internet Explorer 8, not sure if it does under 9... Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Lan & uncheck use proxy server. Also, might be a good idea to check your connections under the other browser as well. If IE got set to use proxy server, sometimes firefox will pick up that setting as well when it attempts to connect. So go to Options/Advanced/Network/Settings button, & checkmark No Proxy & hit ok.

It was nothing to do with whatever anyone mentioned here... Microsoft went and changed the "user sign-in experience" or somesuch thing, but now they've switched back to the "old" way to sign in - no one here knew about this? :blink::huh: