Zemana Antilogger free today

hazelnut

9megs of bloated HIPS with a required yearly subscription of 15 quid otherwise "you're not protected against new viruses, spyware any other security threats". :lol:

As for Zemana it does works sometimes but I found the detection rather patchy and unreliable when tested against some of my tools.

Richard S.

Zemana isn't perfect but it's better than nothing if you want to add a layer of detection / protection to your operating system.

My only disappointment so far is it cannot detect malware threats if they load before Zemana, a machine could still be infected with a key logger and you wouldn't even know about it.

I also disagree with forcing users to pay yearly "protection" I would have preferred a one-off purchase or donation instead.

Richard S.

• Moderators

I also disagree with forcing users to pay yearly "protection" I would have preferred a one-off purchase or donation instead.

I got some amusement reading through the comments on that GOTD page about the pricing structure people eyeballed on the Zemana Antilogger website.

As part of a layered defence it's not a bad bit of software abu.

I got it from another giveaway site. :)

My only disappointment so far is it cannot detect malware threats if they load before Zemana, a machine could still be infected with a key logger and you wouldn't even know about it.

Richard S.

I ain't got this point :unsure: How malware could load before Zemana while it was designed like Anti Virus,load on start-up? which type of malware that can get in early before AV/Anti Spyware/AntiLogger start ?? :rolleyes:

I wrote and complied a simple PoC (proof of concept) key logger using a program called AutoHotkey.

It auto starts via the system registry - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run which is a common location for malware.

If I run my tool after Zemana has started it detects low level access to keyboard, however when auto stated via the system registry it does not.

I can only speculate that either Zemana takes a certain amount of time to initialise it's security layer or just executes too late.

The way I see it Zemana really only provides protection against malware that tries to run in it's presence not if they've already started. :blink:

Richard S.

• Moderators

If you look here at an MRGFlash test done you will see the results

http://malwareresearchgroup.com/2011/07/26/mrg-flash-test-26072011/

and yet you would not write off most of those AV's on the strength of those results, nor would the overall picture tell all.

http://malwareresearchgroup.com/malware-tests/flash-test-results/

I'm just glad that we have such a choice of tools available out there.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com