Double number of the same startup items...

When i disable an item everything seems good.

But when i run the program that owns the item it adds another exact copy of the previous entry to the startup list.

So the result is that i have 2 exactly the same entries - 1 enabled and 1 disabled.

In previous CCleaner versions the disabled entry simply became active again when i ran the program that created it.

The programs in question are Windows Sidebar and ?Torrent.

Can anyone replicate this?

You can see the OS and CC version in the screenshot:

ccbug.jpg

Btw: MSConfig shows the double entries too.Tried with another program but was unable to replicate this.

Sidebar is 64bit Win7 SP1 version.

?Torrent is 2.2.1

• Moderators

If such programs are configured to "run on startup" such as uTorrent you can either disable that during installation or in the settings after it's already installed. Of course if trying to disable things in CCleaner or MSConfig you may need to have administrator privileges.

If such programs are configured to "run on startup" such as uTorrent you can either disable that during installation or in the settings after it's already installed. Of course if trying to disable things in CCleaner or MSConfig you may need to have administrator privileges.

Yes atleast ?Torrent is set to load with windows.There is no way to control this behaviour for the sidebar tho.

I am administrator.Full rights and UAC off.

What im saying is that prior to CCleaner 3.08.1475 the behaviour was that the entries became active again when i ran a program that had an active setting to start with windows.Now they do not become active.It is almost as if CCleaner is locking these down and the programs can't modify it so they create new identical entries.

Could it be related to this change in the latest version?

- Improved Start Up tool detection algorithm.

It could possibly be the changes in the Startup tool. If you want a previous version to test if it's because of changes they're always available at http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Yes this behaviour is not present on 3.07.1457 that i just tested.

Disabled the startup option in ?Torrent and will use CCleaner from now on to control it's startup.

Still have no idea about Sidebar tho.

• Moderators

You can turn off Sidebar gadgets via

Control panels>Programs>turn ooff windows features "Windows Gadget Platform"

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3255/disable-sidebar-desktop-gadgets-on-windows-7/

both of the programs you mentioned are written so that if the startup is disabled it recreates it (apple's installers do something simular, if you've disabled "itunes helper" it will recreate it on the next update)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com