ASrock Users or knowledgeble user...

Anwar

I use ASrock P4i45GV Motherboard but I am looking foward to some of this features

1. AGI8X VGA Upgradable for 845GV

2.AMR

3. PCI Slots

What are those??? :blink:

Hi,

1. AGI8X VGA Upgradable for 845GV

Your Built in Intel graphics card

2.AMR

Audio Modem Riser (AMR) is intels specification slots on the motherboard to accommodate low cost sound cards.

There not used alot, and arn't likley to anytime soon either as you can get better quality sound from a codec chip on a riser card or even a normal sound card fitted into a PCI slot.

3. PCI Slots

Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI slots) is a high-speed connection for devices including SCSI cards, video (graphics) cards, sound cards, modems, video capture cards, network cards etc.

People used to put video cards into the Advanced Graphics Port (AGP) slots for better graphics, however latley alot of graphics cards etc have come out that are PCI Express which is way better then AGP, so everyone is once again putting there graphics cards into the PCI slots.

Hope this helps

--lee

Most motherboards only support 1 CPU. It is rare that a motherboard support 2 CPU's, those are motherboards for workstations and servers.

Many motherboards lately support Dual Core which is a CPU with 2 cores on it.

2 CPU's doesnt always benefit you, as it doesnt affect the performance of all applications.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Most motherboards only support 1 CPU. It is rare that a motherboard support 2 CPU's, those are motherboards for workstations and servers.

Many motherboards lately support Dual Core which is a CPU with 2 cores on it.

2 CPU's doesnt always benefit you, as it doesnt affect the performance of all applications.

23280[/snapback]

Is there any motherboard which supports two and have a ethernet?

Anwar, no offense but take the time to actually google these things instead of wasting our time, i have no problem answering questions but these are so basic that a simple google would answer them.

Now to the question, your asrock mobo, definitely has a dialup connection and a ethernet jack 10/100, or possibley 10/100/1000. So thats no problem, and so would the server mobos, but dont worry about them.

And the motherboards that have 2 cpu slots are servers, or workstations (and i believe that they are opterons, if not then semprons) so dont waste your time with those types of things, there is a reason people dont have physically two seperate cpus, if things worked that way then a lot of people would have had them already.

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.