Cannot delete Cookies

In the Options > cookies> in the left colum there is a long list of cookies that I cannot

get rid of. In the right colum I have cookies which I want to keep. I have tried several things trying to get rid of these cookies, any one can help? tks.

Which browser are you using?

Which operating system?

When you click on a cookie in the list what icon shows at the bottom, flash, IE, Firefox?

Using IE8, OP: Vista, no icon - only the name of the cookie's name

• Moderators

Just checking here... are you saying that in your list of cookies to delete if you click once on one to highlight it, and then look down to the very bottom of the column it just says the name of the cookie but with no icon? If so, is it the same with all in your cookies in the list, no icon?

Do you feel comfortable with perhaps telling us the name of one of the cookies with no name?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

What version of CCleaner ?

In my Cookies to Keep column there are several with no icon, e.g. a.tiscali.co.uk.

I assume that they have no icon because CCleaner v2.??? at the time of selecting to keep did not display or capture icons.

Perhaps we have an ancient version in use here,

or perhaps there are some unusual cookies which CCleaner can detect but has no icon for.

hazelnut

Sorry misunderstood your first question. to resume I have 65 cookies in the left list, which I want to delete. I clicked on everyone

of them and I get either Flast icon, on the Internet Explorer icon at the bottom. Hope this answers your question.

Same problem here...Vista Basic, IE7, latest CC version

Perhaps this should be a separate topic.

Many questions have been asked of xacto2011, and we have had some replies.

You give zero information

You need to answer all the questions that appear above.

xacto has a problem and needs a fix.

you have similar symptoms that probably come from a different problem that needs a different fix.

All cookies are not equal, there is Flash and there is Firefox and also the also-rans !

Perhaps this should be a separate topic.

Many questions have been asked of xacto2011, and we have had some replies.

You give zero information

You need to answer all the questions that appear above.

xacto has a problem and needs a fix.

you have similar symptoms that probably come from a different problem that needs a different fix.

All cookies are not equal, there is Flash and there is Firefox and also the also-rans !

so what am I supposed to tell you?

Not Flash, attachment shows the cookies I can't delete.

Please clarify.

so what am I supposed to tell you?

Answers to questions, i.e.

When you click on a cookie in the list what icon shows at the bottom, flash, IE, Firefox?

Just checking here... are you saying that in your list of cookies to delete if you click once on one to highlight it, and then look down to the very bottom of the column it just says the name of the cookie but with no icon? If so, is it the same with all in your cookies in the list, no icon?

Not Flash, attachment shows the cookies I can't delete.

Please clarify.

I can only see the names of cookies,

I cannot see that you have selected any cookie,

and I cannot see the bottom of the screen which would display the corresponding icon.

Answers to questions, i.e.

I can only see the names of cookies,

I cannot see that you have selected any cookie,

and I cannot see the bottom of the screen which would display the corresponding icon.

ok, I rechecked those cookies...all show as Flash when highlighted and shown on bottom.

Regardless of the browser in use I believe Flash cookies should be deleted by checking "Adobe Flash Player" in the Multimedia group under Applications Tab.

Deleted Adobe Flash Player last version and the cookies from Flash are eliminated. Note that I also used talaub's method (see post above)

and all cookies gone. Thanks for for help.