bug in windows xp shutdown after using ccleaner?

kaybee

I have downloaded the latest version of crap cleaner (v1.26.218) and, since then, each time I use crap cleaner (either for cleaning or regsitry fixes) my pc takes ages to shut down. If I dont use crap cleaner the system shuts down ok - any ideas/suggestions? :(

Apart from this - keep up the good work!! :D

I am running Windows XP service pack 2 - I no longer use Zone Alarm or MS Antispyware. I now use Windows Firewall along with Spyware Doctor, AdAware and AVG Anti-Virus.

The only other 'non-standard' applications are Nokia PC Suite and a couple of graphics packages. :huh:

UPDATE:

I installed a modem protection system (provided by a well known telephone company - who used to be part of GPO!) and this system caused my pc to crash the other day. I uninstalled it and, guess what? yes since then CCleaner has operated perfectly and now my system shuts down normally. Must have been that software that was causing my problems. :angry:

Anyway thanks to all who replied and tried to assist me, comforting to know people still care! :D:D

You don't by any chance have Microsoft AntiSpyware or ZoneAlarm installed do you? They are two culprits that can cause shutdown issues, especially Microsoft AntiSpyware.

23001[/snapback]

I have Zone Alarm and HAD MS anti spyware, never had this problem. Is it possible you have something running or planted on your pc you don't know about? Virus, Spyware? This will sometimes cause registry issues when trying to use any cleaner. What OS you have? What other programs that you installed that may be causing a conflict? Let me know.

Paul

I have downloaded the latest version of crap cleaner (v1.26.218) and, since then, each time I use crap cleaner (either for cleaning or regsitry fixes) my pc takes ages to shut down. If I dont use crap cleaner the system shuts down ok - any ideas/suggestions?  :(

Apart from this - keep up the good work!!  :D

22942[/snapback]

• Moderators
I have Zone Alarm and HAD MS anti spyware, never had this problem. Is it possible you have something running or planted on your pc you don't know about? Virus, Spyware? This will sometimes cause registry issues when trying to use any cleaner. What OS you have? What other programs that you installed that may be causing a conflict? Let me know.

23009[/snapback]

My comp is clean!