Can you give me your opinion?

UltraMAX

Hello,

i want to buy a new cpu and motherboard, but i don't have much money to spend, so can you give me you opinion about two things:

1- what do you think about ASUS K8N motherboard

2- and what you think about AMD Sempron 2600+ 64bits CPU.

it's a good choice or not?

Forgive me my bad english, and thank you for your attention.

Sempron is the "budget alternative", its not the most high performance thing out there its decent.

Depends on what you want to use the computer for. Sempron is to AMD, what Celeron is to Intel.

I guess it's all right.

What motherboard and CPU do you have right now?

What is your reason you want to upgrade?

Often when you upgrade CPU and motherboard you also have to replace the RAM.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Thank you Eldmannen, for replying ,

right now i have a Asus A7N8X Deluxe with a AMD Thunderbird 1.2.

My reason to upgrade is when i start to work with anything, example, i use a lot Visual Studio 2005, Photoshop, Skale Tracker, etc ... and i note the system stay very but very slower, so i need a new configuration to work a little better.

Forgive me my bad english ;)

Thank you Eldmannen, for replying ,

right now i have a Asus A7N8X Deluxe with a AMD Thunderbird 1.2.

My reason to upgrade is when i start to work with anything, example, i use a lot Visual Studio 2005, Photoshop, Skale Tracker, etc ... and i note the system stay very but very slower, so i need a new configuration to work a little better.

Forgive me my bad english  ;)

22955[/snapback]

Visual Studio 2005, Photoshop, Skale Tracker use alot of memory, i suggest 512 DDR RAM minimun, but if possible go for 1 GiG of RAM i would say, not sure how well Sempron will run it, may need a higher CPU power, also i would suggest a good graphics card, at least 256 MB memory PCI express one, as your on a low budget, you probably won't be able to get a 512 MB graphics card.

Ofcourse, this is all jsut my opinon, not fact.

But hope it helps

--lee

Sempron is to AMD, what Celeron is to Intel. I just built 2 systems using the AMD Sempron 2500 Socket A processor on a Foxconn MB with 512 MB DDR It runs Photoshop and about 15 other programs wife uses for various projects. Its alot faster than any Celeron I have ever come across really cant tell alot of difference from my Athlon XP 2800 Im using for the price difference.