Changing chequer-board pattern

I'm surprised that nobody appears to have commented on the unusual and rapidly-changing chequer-board-type screen pattern which often takes place shortly before the end of fragmentation. This has happened over several recent versions of Defraggler, on XP SP3 and Win7 64-bit computers, at least. It usually lasts 5-10 seconds with the pattern changing, and occupying all of the "free space" area. Eventually it stops and the defragging finishes normally.

Can I do anything to assist in debugging this?

(Here's one 'frame' of the pattern...)

post-25172-0-17932400-1307447151_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that nobody appears to have commented on the unusual and rapidly-changing chequer-board-type screen pattern which often takes place shortly before the end of fragmentation...

Hi John and everyone,

Yes, I have seen this as well. It's quite unnerving! I don't know if the Piriform developers look at these forums, but hopefully they see these issues and get them fixed. I wish there was an easier way to report bugs.

Hi John and everyone,

Yes, I have seen this as well. It's quite unnerving! I don't know if the Piriform developers look at these forums, but hopefully they see these issues and get them fixed. I wish there was an easier way to report bugs.

I have had several variations of the "checkerboard" patterning happen to me before too.

I don't know if it is still present in the latest or not, but I have had it happen & it can throw you for a loop!

• 3 weeks later...

Another clue for the developers: these chequer-board patterns happen when C:\$MFT is the 'file' being worked on...

I think 2.05 still exhibits this checkerboard pattern as well.

Would be nice to see it fixed.

While this doesn't affect the functionality of Defraggler, it does cause one who doesn't know better to momentarily enter a state of hyper confusion.