CCleaner Community Forums
hazelnut

Google dropping support for older browsers

Facebook may delete your account but they'll still keep your details on record for legal reasons.

Richard S.

It uses WebKit ; thus, as long as it gets updated to the latest WebKit version, it will work.

>>Whew<< Relief.

Good Grief, every time I post something like that I am reminded just how little I know about this stuff...WebKit...right...of course.

Warning: Controversial, hard-headed, retrogressive opinion follows. Parental discretion is advised.

The whole business is just a big upsell, a conspiracy to require you to buy new stuff, hardware, software, etc...instituted by ********* because dusty old WXP works too well. :P

There! A controversial statement. Hope it doesn't start a brawl.

Deactivating your account just 'suspends' it, it doesn't delete it. It can be reactivated at any time, Alan. I don't know if there's a way to delete an account, I'd have to research it.

Hope this helps you :-)

Actually I followed the procedure outlined in the item entitled "Deleting your Facebook account (FAQ)" which warned against deactivating.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20005556-245.html?tag=mncol;posts

I do NOT know if it is still pretended to be possible because this site was also true at the time but now has a prominent warning

NOTE this scanner is not fully compatible with the latest Facebook privacy settings,

so please be sure you check your privacy settings manually yourself.

The site is

http://www.reclaimprivacy.org/

It is quite possible that along with the privacy changes Facebook no longer pretends to delete an account.

There! A controversial statement. Hope it doesn't start a brawl.

Skirmishes to the left and to the right ! !