Load time for Sandboxie/Firefox session!

slowday444

Can anyone explain this one? I was doing some timing to MSN.com (Timed with a stopwatch until Gmail Checker has finished checking two accounts.) in preparation for testing browsing session startup times with a HIPS application installed vs not installed. To my amazement on an old Pent 4 desktop with XP SP3, a "cold" session, i.e. after running CCleaner with all the following Ff cleaning functions enabled: Cache, History, Cookies, Download History, Session and Compact Databases, starts on average about 2.5 seconds faster (13/15.5) than starting a new session without cleaning. To further clarify, a "non-cold" session starts opening MSN (and Gmail Checker) after merely ending the session and restarting. Delete Invocation is enable in Sandboxie, not sure how that enters in to all of this unless the cache is deleted anyway (I guess I need to disable that and then see what happens). Still would not explain how CCleaner speeds things up other than compacting the data base but after only opening one page, one time, I can't understand that either!