Customer support sucks

DrazzilBetahi

I like your product. I think that your product is really good but has some flaws and could be made better. That is why I took the time to enter a post about them. What I don't like is the attitude I got. As a user I don't expect and will not accept insults and harrassment, especially after I took the time to voice my concerns. You obviously have have no clue what it takes to do customer support. You'll need to work on that when it comes time to make some money and sell CC. I don't know who is in charge here but if CC was my product Tarun would have been removed long ago. Based soley on the harrassment that I took in that post you won't be hearing from me any more since I won't be using your product. Good luck anyway.

Summary of suggestions:

1 - Option to backup to recycle bin or zip - just in case

2 - Evaluate based on name not location (would simplify the program greatly) - would then really clean of temp files on entire disk

• Moderators

I am sorry that you feel you have been insulted, I can assure you that ccleaner does not treat people that way.

The help offered here, all at peoples own free time and expense, is second to none.

Perhaps if you were honest with yourself you would admit to have been a bit touchy about the fact that you stored important docs. in an inappropiate place.

However your good wishes and remarks about the usefulness of ccleaner are appreciated.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I am sorry that you feel you have been insulted, I can assure you that ccleaner does not treat people that way.

The help offered here, all at peoples own free time and expense, is second to none.

Perhaps if you were honest with yourself you would admit to have been a bit touchy about the fact that you stored important docs. in an inappropiate place.

However your good wishes and remarks about the usefulness of ccleaner are appreciated.

22694[/snapback]

Thanks. I admitted that I made a stupid mistake in the original thread. Help is one thing insults are another whether free or not.

• Moderators

1. Sorry, but I don't see this happening. As, it wouldn't be possible. When you clear your cache within the programs. It doesn't even move them to the Recycle Bin, plus it removes registry entries too (which you can't move to Recycle Bin).

2. That is what sepatares CCleaner from the rest. Doing it based on file extension is a bad idea. It can remove "needed" files or backup files that the program needs.

Just don't save any files to any Temp folder. Any normal PC user would tell you this, any disk cleaner program is set to empty the temp folders. Even the Windows Disk Cleaner.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

I like your product.  I think that your product is really good but has some flaws and could be made better.  That is why I took the time to enter a post about them.  What I don't like is the attitude I got.  As a user I don't expect and will not accept insults and harrassment, especially after I took the time to voice my concerns.  You obviously have have no clue what it takes to do customer support.  You'll need to work on that when it comes time to make some money and sell CC.  I don't know who is in charge here but if CC was my product Tarun would have been removed long ago.  Based soley on the harrassment that I took in that post you won't be hearing from me any more since I won't be using your product.  Good luck anyway.

Summary of suggestions:

1 - Option to backup to recycle bin or zip - just in case

2 - Evaluate based on name not location (would simplify the program greatly) -      would then really clean of temp files on entire disk

22691[/snapback]

I gave you a very simple solution, which you called a "BS answer". Yet it is based upon well known fact by pc users as even TwistedMetal has said. I'm sorry that you cannot accept that.

The answers provided were supported as well, though you continued to complain about a non-existing problem that was solely upon your mistake. How many times do you expect the users of this forum and product to tell you it is not an issue when you keep posting about it? You were not harassed, you asked a question and repeated yourself, thus you were provided with a similar answer each time. Nothing was intended to offend, I assure you that.

• Moderators

As for Tarun, I know he may sound rude, but he is just straight forward with people. He knows alot and has been around for a very long time. He has helped alot of people.

Actually I do feel the sameway he does. Alot of people do come in here and just blame everything on CCleaner, when 90% of the time it is user error.

I work in the retail business and I know customer service. Just have to suck up it and deal with it.

He is a nice guy along with everyone in CCleaner Forums...

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

I appreciate the post Twisted.

I too have worked in customer service for over several years. One year at K-Mart, then 2-3 at a local bank chain where I was top teller for customer service and friendliness.

Twisted's post is accurate, I am straightforward.

Again I will say that none of the posts were meant to offend in any way. Solutions were offered so that you would be safe from making the same mistake twice.