Updating CCleaner shouldn't delete CCleaner Desktop link

Just because people UNCHECK: Add Desktop Shortcut when updating CCLeaner, that shouldn't mean a go ahead to delete existing custom CCleaner Desktop icons!

Maybe include a a button on the side that UNCHECKS all options and leaves current settings in place when updating CCLeaner would resolve this. We have to UNCHECK five things now every time we update CCleaner so that would make things quicker.

You do not like the consequence of unchecking the "Add Desktop Shortcut",

You do not like unchecking a total of five items.

Would it not be more sensible to uncheck only four items instead of raising a bug report.

There is no option to leave the custom desktop icon alone when (frequently) updating this program.

Current choices are to remove existing shortcut or overwrite existing custom shortcut with its custom icon.

• Moderators

It's a long time since I had any desktop icons (use Rocketdock), but doesn't a desktop icon have a "read only" setting when right clicked?

For the umpteenth time tonight I wish I was on my own Windows machine but I'm using my sons Mac, so I can't have a quick looksee to check that out. If your custom icon can be set to "read only" that may solve your problem.

I have an Opera "favicon" set to "read only", the red Yahoo favicon. I hate that purple colour, and this ensures that my red one is never deleted. It works for favicons so maybe it'll work for your custom icon.

• 2 months later...

As of v3.09 the only two options are

1. Have your custom desktop shortcut replaced with default icon.

2. Have your custom desktop shortcut deleted if you uncheck the setup options to include desktop shortcut when updating.