Two things

CTskifreak

First - should we add a Chrome extensions sticky? I feel as though there are a lot of good extensions out there.

Second - I want other people to try Memory Fox I've had great success with it keeping my usage low, but some people have mentioned crashes. I want other people to test it out before I put it in the suggested Extensions sticky.

Side note- Ironically enough, I was thinking about resetting those two stickies just recently. And then today BAM it happened.

AJ

• Moderators

I'm not opposed to a separate sticky for other browsers. Theres also been discussion that maybe we should just have one topic to discuss browser extensions as a whole. I think that could get confusing as people will be trying to install FF extensions on opera and chrome or vice versa. If people are interested in seeing a chrome or opera topic than I'm all for it.

Cant comment on that memory thing. I don't use any software that tries to optimize ram usage in any way as they always seem to cause problems.

• Moderators

Cant comment on that memory thing. I don't use any software that tries to optimize ram usage in any way as they always seem to cause problems.

Ditto!!! Plus that plugin hasn't been approved by Mozilla yet, so it might as well be deemed experimental.

Ditto!!! Plus that plugin hasn't been approved by Mozilla yet, so it might as well be deemed experimental.

This add on was previously called AFOM and it is around at least a year,some reviewers were satisfied,some not

what I wonder is why is this add on not being approved yet.

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

Possibly not approved due to causing crashes which Firefox wouldn't normally have occur without that plugin/extension - just my guess.

It also may imply that if they approve this add on, they also admit at the same time that they have a memory leakage problem that they themselves could not solve yet...

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

It also may imply that if they approve this add on, they also admit at the same time that they have a memory leakage problem that they themselves could not solve yet...

The amount of memory that Firefox 4 uses is actually beyond absurd. But then again using some Chrome-based browsers in the past I've noticed allot of memory usage too. I guess it's more reason to just upgrade our system RAM and max it out, as programs in general can only get heavier resource-wise on the system.:rolleyes: