Bin Laden is dead!

Winapp2.ini

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden#Death

On May 1, 2011, U.S. President Barack Obama announced that Osama bin Laden was killed by "a small team of Americans" acting under Obama's direct orders, in a covert operation in Abbottabad, Pakistan, 100 km. (about 62 miles) north of Islamabad, affirming earlier confirmation by U.S. officials to the media. According to U.S. officials a team of 20-25 US Navy SEALs under the command of the Joint Special Operations Command and working with the CIA stormed bin Laden's compound in two helicopters. Bin Laden and those with him were killed during a firefight in which U.S. forces experienced no injuries or casualties. According to one US official the attack was carried out without the knowledge or consent of the Pakistani authorities. In Pakistan some people were reported to be shocked at the illegal incursion by US armed forces. The site is a few miles from the Pakistan Military Academy in Kakul. In his broadcast announcement President Obama said that U.S. forces "took care to avoid civilian casualties." Details soon emerged that three men and a woman were killed along with Bin Laden, the woman being killed when she was ?used as a shield by a male combatant?. DNA from bin Laden's body, compared with DNA samples on record from his dead sister, confirmed bin Laden's identity. The body was recovered by the US military and was in its custody until, according to one US official, his body was buried at sea according to Islamic traditions. One U.S. official stated that "finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult."

Simplicity is hard.

His death sounds suspicious - body tossed into the sea under islamic traditions?? hmmm.

As for the rest of the world his death won't change a thing there's still a growing army of people fed on hatred and ideological brainwashing.

The war of terror isn't over yet until all of mankind destroys itself :blink:

Richard S.

His death sounds suspicious - body tossed into the sea under islamic traditions??

Sounded suspicious to me too. They find him and instead of capturing him they shoot him. That's ok, they got his body as proof they said. Oh, it's been buried at sea so no one will ever see it. Very convenient.

And Americans celebrating on the street? How stupid. They have opened themselves up to an almost certain campaign of hugely increased terrorist attacks as al-Qaeda seek revenge against the country who killed their leader - something to celebrate, I think not. And as if al-Qaeda weren't motivated enough, how are the images of people celebrating their leader's death in the streets gonna look :huh:

His death sounds suspicious - body tossed into the sea under islamic traditions?? hmmm.

I think the point of this is to avoid people saying he was killed as a martyr by the evil Americans.

Anyway, what does his death change? There'll be another leader for those crazy people...

Piriform French translator

As I said and thought when I first heard last night, IMHO, he has been dead a long time. No Body, Shoot to Kill Mission, No photos....too convenient.

Amazing how it took so long to find him when they found Hussein hiding in a covered hole very easily and he has a trial. :blink:

25qd6wl.jpg

Some organizations only function under a specific leader. Look towards the USSR under stalin, or Cuba under Castro, they didn't function the same way without those specific people in charge.

Just speculations, I'm sure there is an assigned heir.

Well from everything I've read he's been little more than a figurehead for some time now, so they will function exactly the same, just more determined.

As I said and thought when I first heard last night, IMHO, he has been dead a long time.

I think the story is legitimate. One reason: If bin Laden has been dead a long time, then it would have made more sense for Obama to wait until a year from now, during the heat of a re-election campaign, to conjure up the story.

And Americans celebrating on the street? How stupid.

Pretty sharp words, imo. I would agree with this statement if the celebration in the streets was ongoing for days and nights on end. But, a spontaneous outpouring of emotion like this...particularly in New York where the worse of the terrorist attacks occurred...I think that's understandable.

I am on the fence about it all. Yes I agree its suspicious that theyve already disposed of his body...to the sea no less. Its also suspicious that the first reports were that he had been killed last week and that DNA tests already proved it was him and then later they said it had just happened and that they were sending his DNA out for testing but they were positive it was him.

Do I think it was a ploy by Obama to help boost popularity? Hard to say, but I wouldnt put it past him considering his popularity is diminishing and this is just the thing needed to boost it back up. But like CC1 said, he would have waited another year to help his chances at being re-elected...unless he has something else up his sleeve...which again I wouldnt put past him.

Am I happy this tyrant is gone? Yes. Its one more idiot we dont need hanging about anymore. But its also put us in a bad position as far as more attacks go and something major is bound to happen. The question, though, is when?

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

I think the Americans should tighten up their security rather than celebrate. They should be very cautious of the Taliban revenge.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

I think the Americans should tighten up their security rather than celebrate. They should be very cautious of the Taliban revenge.

Agree. Buckle up, it's gonna get bumpy.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

If Bin Laden has really been killed,and now that the Americans are celebrating, then the Taliban would have one new and very big topic to discuss in indoctrinating and brainwashing their young recruits, some of which become walking bombs.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

They've only merely cut the head off of a multi-headed snake, sure it "may" set them back for a bit however any celebrating in my opinion is premature since the guy who replaces him could be ten times worse.

I don?t get some of the perspective being expressed here. Maybe it?s a cultural thing. And perhaps I?m being over-sensitive.

Ten years ago America received the worse attack on its native soil since the Civil War back in the 1800?s. Thousands upon thousands of civilian people died then, and before then, and since then, worldwide, due in large part to the leader of al Qaeda. The craters where the World Trade Center towers once stood are still there.

So when bin Laden was killed Sunday, ten years of pent-up emotion was released that night and for part of the next day. I?m not sure how the media in Europe and elsewhere is reporting on the American reaction, but from my vantage point here in the US midwest, there?s no mardi gras celebration going on for days on end. There was a single day of rejoicing that the ?kingpin? had been taken down, and then it was back to the grind. It?s difficult to imagine we would have heard of bin Laden?s death and remained emotionless.

I don?t think anyone naively believes the struggle against terrorism has now come to an end. We?re keenly aware that the world continues to deal with a very real and dangerous enemy who has had and will continue to have intent to inflict harm.

The college students who weren't celebrating were busy tweeting "Who is this Osama guy?"

HEY! I ain't that young :P. To be honest, I was in 6th grade when September 11th happened, now I'm a junior in college. Nearly 10 years - it's hard to think about how quickly that time has passed and all the world has been through.

What are everyone's thoughts on the photos not being released?

AJ

• Moderators

I don't think the Americans have the need to prove anything, and personally I would tell the rest of the world and the media to go take a running jump.

If that guy had still been alive he would have made sure everyone knew it, and as it happens, his own people (and I use that term loosely) have confirmed his death.

We live in extraordinarily dangerous times, and extraordinary measures, which include Americas recent operation, have to be taken in the interests of all our safety. And I say that as one of the thousands of families who have been personally touched by the events of 911.

These people have no rights. They gave them up a long time ago, and the do gooders should remember that.

This is of course, my personal opinion and I've no intention of debating it, or debating the other opinions expressed on here. Each to their own.

:)

obhama is worse than bush. i use google translate, but i dont know, its correctly...

In a democracy will be lost as a nothing and have gone from the window, so be fired and held accountable.

watch live how someone is executed, is the last and not a democracy acceptable.

in such a president you can not be proud of.

in german:

in einer demokratie hat so einer nichts verloren und muss weg vom fenster, also gefeuert und zur rechenschaft gezogen werden.

live zuzusehen, wie jemand hingerichtet wird, ist das letzte und f?r eine demokratie nicht akzeptabel.

auf so einen pr?sidenten k?nnt ihr nicht stolz sein.

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"