Batch Scripting Ccleaner

vreid47362

I have a batch script that runs as a machine startup script on Win2k and XP machines to run ccleaner. Here's the pertinent line:

c:\program files\ccleaner\ccleaner.exe /auto

The problem that I have is that, since it runs as the system account, it does not clean all users crap at machine startup.

I need some sort of command line switch that will run ccleaner on all local user profiles at machine start.

Please note the following limitations: 1. The solution needs to run as the system account at machine startup. 2. Users run as standard users without administrative privledge. 3. Some machines have multiple user profiles, so logging into each one and setting each profile's ccleaner options manually is not feasible.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've looked for some sort of config file with user settings to copy to each profile, but I can't seem to find one. Is ccleaner info stored in a config file or in the registry? Is there any way to get ccleaner to automatically check for configuration issues and fix them automatically from the command line?

Thanks for anyone's help.

• Moderators

Make sure the auto cleaning is in the registry under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

or in the All Users Startup folder in Start > All Programs > Startup

that would be in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Edit:

Forgot to mention, that CCleaners auto cleaning will be performed on all user profiles, however it will only clean the active user profile. As for cleaning all profiles, you'll probably have to Options > Custom to clean any particular folders however that won't clean the full scope of things CCleaner is capable of without actually running it on each user profile individually.