Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

NEW ENTRIES

[Windows 8 MUICache*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectOS=6.2

Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache

[Windows 8 QuickLaunch*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectOS=6.2

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch|*.lnk

[Windows 8 ShellBags*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectOS=6.2

Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell

Warning=This will delete window size, window position and view setting of all folders.

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

• Moderators

2400 posts (plus this one)

EDIT NOPE was ninja'd 2401+1

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

A question on how winapp2.ini "interacts" with ccleaner.ini

Ok. hope this makes some sense. If there is an entry in winapp2.ini, and you check mark it in ccleaner to activate it, I understand that ccleaner.ini now has an entry marked "true".. Right?

Ok. Now, if you remove the entry from winapp2.ini for whatever reason, ccleaner.ini still retains an entry. Correct?

This could also apply when programs are updated. I'm seeing an outdated entry in ccleaner.ini for GIMP 2.6, I'm using GIMP 2.8 right now. And I suspect the GIMP 2.6 entry was left over from being checked at one time (and when it was part of an older winapp2.ini file.

So what can be done to maintain the cleanliness and consistency in ccleaner.ini? I don't like having stuff in there that is no longer "supposed" to be there. Sounds like a job for another batch file or something? In the meantime I'll edit it manually.

Yeh.. I'm seeing things like..

(App)OpenOffice 3.2*=True

(App)LimeWire*=True

(App)OpenOffice 3=False

(App)GIMP 2.6=False

..stuff I no longer have on this system.

Like I say, it's not a big deal, I can manually review and delete the un-necessary entries every 6 months or so. Just thinking about problems or inconsistencies in the future.

Modified entry

[DisplayFusion TroubleShooting Log*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Binary Fortress Software\DisplayFusion
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\DisplayFusion|DisplayFusion.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\DisplayFusion|DebugInfo.html
FileKey3=%AppData%\DisplayFusion|DebugInfo.txt

Added FileKey2 and FileKey3 to [DisplayFusion TroubleShooting Logs*]

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Perhaps. Or how about sorting the ccleaner.ini file for easier editing. Like grouping the (app) entries into true/false sections, and consolidating the INCLUDExx= into another, and all the misc ccleaner windows settings & odds & ends into yet another.

The ccleaner.ini file, as it is now, is just a seqential mess. Changes are seemingly tacked on at the bottom. Or maybe this is a job for Piriform's engineers to do.

I might suggest sorting the file first, then running consistency checks. Currently my ccleaner.ini file is 42kbytes, mostly full of INCLUDExx entries.

Regarding GIMP 2.x entries in WINAPP2.INI, is anything redundant here and what about consolidating them?

[GIMP 2.8 More*]

LangSecRef=3021

DetectFile=%UserProfile%\.gimp-2.8\

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\fontconfig\cache

FileKey2=%UserProfile%\.gimp-2.8|colorrc

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%|recently-used.xbel

[The GIMP 2.2*]

LangSecRef=3021

DetectFile=%UserProfile%\.gimp-2.2\gimprc

Default=False

FileKey1=%UserProfile%\.gimp-2.2|documents

• Moderators

Perhaps. Or how about sorting the ccleaner.ini file for easier editing. Like grouping the (app) entries into true/false sections, and consolidating the INCLUDExx= into another, and all the misc ccleaner windows settings & odds & ends into yet another.

The ccleaner.ini file, as it is now, is just a seqential mess. Changes are seemingly tacked on at the bottom. Or maybe this is a job for Piriform's engineers to do.

You can sort it with a program such as notepad++ with texttidy sort plugin (I do that often)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Can I have a link 4 this plugin?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/files/TextFX/

Highlight the entire file (except [Options] and

Do as the picture below

post-21882-0-08697000-1352939525_thumb.png

I think you need to go back to an earlier version like 5.9 or something and get some files. Sometimes new versions of programs are trimmed too much by their old-school authors falling into a rabbit hole looking to save fractions of kilobytes. In this day and age I'd rather see a feature-complete version. It's not like this is a multi-megabyte feature anyways.

It's demented, it's {EDIT}, and I truly despise the decisions that result in {EDIT} programs. I don't care if anyone gets mad at me for saying stuff like that.

It's been a while since I messed with text tidy, but this should get you ontrack and rolling:

http://davidvielmetter.com/tricks/html-tidy-broken-in-notepad/

http://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331754/thread/1d5bd206

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6985637/notepad-htmltidy-unable-to-find-libtidy-dll?rq=1

Edited by Nergal
removed offensive words

I found a rather simple solution to the sorting problem. Without having to really edit anything in a 3rd party text editor. All I had to do was start CCleaner and untick the "Options>Advanced>Save all settings to INI file" box. And then exit CCleaner.

CCleaner now saved all its options to the registry. I looked in the registry to verify this was so. It was.

I then restarted CCleaner and re-ticked the "Options>Advanced>Save all settings to INI file" box again. And exited. CCleaner wiped its lenghtly list of registry keys and pu them back into the ccleaner.ini file nicely organized as such:

[Options]

(App).NET Framework Logs*=False

(App).Thumbnails*=True

(App)7-Zip More*=True

(App)ASP.NET*=True

(App)Adblock Lite Backups*=True

(App)Adblock Plus Backups*=True

(App)Adobe Acrobat Cache*=True

-----------------------|~|-----------------------

Include80=FILE|C:\Program Files\1_Orbiter_2010\|Orbiter.log

Include81=FILE|C:\Program Files\1_Orbiter_2010\|OrbiterSound_Log.txt

Include82=FILE|C:\Program Files\1_Orbiter_2010\|orulex.log

Include83=FILE|C:\Program Files\1_Orbiter_2010\|XR2Ravenstar.log

Include84=FILE|C:\Program Files\1_Orbiter_2010\|XR5Vanguard.log

-----------------------|~|-----------------------

misc program settings here

There were a few misc settings strewn in between the (App) and the IncludeXX= sections, but that's because of the sort routine. Unfortunately there were still some "leftover" entries requiring manual deleting. But at least the job is so much easier.

• Moderators

Ketah What are you talking about. Also You used two hot-words (words that are likely to cause offense I have removed them)

I think you need to go back to an earlier version like 5.9 or something and get some files. Sometimes new versions of programs are trimmed too much by their old-school authors falling into a rabbit hole looking to save fractions of kilobytes. In this day and age I'd rather see a feature-complete version. It's not like this is a multi-megabyte feature anyways.

It's demented, it's {EDIT}, and I truly despise the decisions that result in {EDIT} programs. I don't care if anyone gets mad at me for saying stuff like that.

It's been a while since I messed with text tidy, but this should get you ontrack and rolling:

http://davidvielmett...ken-in-notepad/

http://sourceforge.n...thread/1d5bd206

http://stackoverflow...ibtidy-dll?rq=1

• Moderators

Can I split the whole "Leftovers in CCleaner.ini" to a new thread. . we've broken @Winapp2.ini

:huh:

Why are we cleaning ccleaner.ini anyways?

Just noting that as winapp2.ini evolves and ccleaner integrates some of those entries; there will be dangling references left in ccleaner.ini. This also happens as versions of programs get updated and new winapp2.ini entries are made.

A very simple example:

I had Gimp 2.6 awhile ago, and used winapp2.ini to specify additional cleaning actions by checking the box. That worked fine. But now there is Gimp 2.8, and winapp2.ini has been updated with a 2.8 entry in it. So I checked that box.

Now with an updated winapp2.ini file the 2.6 reference was removed. Yet, the 2.6 reference still remains in ccleaner.ini.

One way to solve this would to not use version numbers in the title of the program's entry. Just use Gimp instead of Gimp 2.8

If a new thread need be made to discuss this then so be it. If this is not important or a tedious annoyance to be swept away - no big deal. I can edit the file myself and speak nothing further of it.