FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Nvidia|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\NVIDIA Corporation\Install2|*.*|RECURSE

Install2 should be Installer2

And something new which may or may not be welcome:

[Left 4 Dead 2 Intro Movie, Valve Intro & Unused Videos*]
LangSecRef=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\Apps\550
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media|l4d2_intro.bik
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media|l4d2_upsell.bik
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media|valve.bik
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media|valve_xbox_legals.bik

Greetings

Atox

In Windows 8 cleaning Defender Updates makes defender think it's defintions are outdated. Also Win8 Defender seems to overwrite old defintions

[Windows Defender Definition Updates*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates|*.*|RECURSE

And something new which may or may not be welcome:

[Left 4 Dead 2 Intro Movie, Valve Intro & Unused Videos*]
LangSecRef=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam\Apps\550
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media|l4d2_intro.bik
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media|l4d2_upsell.bik
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media|valve.bik
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media|valve_xbox_legals.bik

IMO game videos/videos shouldn't be cleaned.

I'd be more inclined to go with Coffee4Joe's posted 28 October 2012:

http://forum.pirifor...ndpost&p=223579

Yes bit I tried his coding and it doesn't work CCleaner does not respect *.Log.* so it doesn't get any of those files. Ccleaning the entire directory has no issues all files are recreated over time as logs are generated. Just compare but entries and see the amount of log files captured.

New entry:

[MemoMaster 5*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU1
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU2
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU3
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU4
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU5
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU6
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU7
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU8
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU9
RegKey10=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU10
RegKey11=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU11
RegKey12=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU12
RegKey13=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU13
RegKey14=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU14
RegKey15=HKCU\Software\JBSoftware\MemoMaster5|FileMRU15

Abelssoft WashAndGo2013 hilariously completely rips off an older version of winapp2.ini.

https://dl.dropbox.c...1-11_190537.png

:lol:

Edit: on a serious note, does anyone know if there's anything I/we can do to prevent people from using winapp2.ini to make money? Something like a license or whatever. I've no problem with people using it in free software, but WashnGo is $11 $38 after the 30 day trial, and I'm really not okay with our work being used to make another person money.

• Moderators

I would assume it could be considered part of CCleaner's license in the fact that they are in ccleaner format (except doesn't it also work in bleach bit? maybe that app is a bleachbit fork but I doubt it.)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

http://www.abelssoft.net/apps/washandgo

$38 for a rip off of winapp2.ini.

I had considered messaging the admins to see if they retained some sort of rights on winapp2.ini, but I was unsure as to whether or not that made sense.

They seem to have baked many entries into the binary in lieu of including winapp2.ini support (unlike BleachBit, which downloads Winapp2.ini, and is free)

• Moderators

The winapp2.ini (file) has been ripped off since way back when TwistedMetal maintained it. It's probably one of the most ripped off cleaning files on the Internet which can be verified by using various free or paid cleaning tools that don't even bother to change the names, descriptions, etc.

They could at least state it comes from a freely available and downloadable community file from Piriform. Hmm, which gives me an ideal, why don't Piriform license the file as GNU GPL, then it could have a license, etc., included with it and links as to where it came from. Or how about making it proprietary so that it can only be created, edited, saved via CCleaner - that would stop anyone from casually ripping it off, they'd have to revert to hacking to get it.

I had considered messaging the admins to see if they retained some sort of rights on winapp2.ini, but I was unsure as to whether or not that made sense.

I seriously doubt they'd even do anything about it. Although a cease and desist warning would be fun to scare them even if only for a laugh. :lol:

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators

As I live in UK Winapp2.ini I rang CNET and spoke to the sub editor about Abelssoft showing a CNET outstanding rating.

He said he would pass it on to department concerned and they would look into it.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I want to update today but opendns has been giving me grief with the forums

Is it an OpenDNS problem, I just assumed the forum being intermittently inaccessible the last day or so was the forum still having glitches, never suspected ODNS :huh:

OpenDNS told me lies.

When the site was down and I PINGed I got a positive response,

but looking closer the response did NOT come from forum.piriform.com

instead OpenDNS substituted its own Adserver site.

That ticked me of and I no longer use them

does anyone know if there's anything I/we can do to prevent people from using winapp2.ini to make money?

Yep; you would need to create a license that permits modification (so that forum members can continue to curate and improve the file), but also restrict its use to a specific product (CCleaner). I'm not aware of any license like this that already exists, so you would need to find an intellectual property lawyer to draft and submit it for review. Technically speaking, until such a license is written Abelsoft isn't doing anything wrong. Immoral? Yes. Illegal? No.

Since any new license wouldn't apply to previous releases of the file; Abelsoft could continue shipping the file until it becomes so ridiculously obsolete that there's not much point using it. Which would practically never happen.

making it proprietary so that it can only be created, edited, saved via CCleaner

Wouldn't work. In order to edit the file it would need to be converted to cleartext. That cleartext could be copied into another file and parsed exactly as winapp2.ini is these days. This would also sidestep the licensing on the file; as the act of converting the file to cleartext would nullify the copyright over the proprietary format.

Welcome to the pain of Open Source development.

Regards,

Someone who's been on both sides of intellectual property disputes more times than he cares to admit.

I'm Shane.