Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators

are all those DetectFiles necessary for Flash Player More*?

why not use a DetectFile for the flash folder itself?

Because Chrome doesn't use the normal flash locations that's why it was changed (see http://forum.pirifor...ndpost&p=216247 ) however I'm starting to wonder if that doesn't still work for flash in chrome

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I just ran the compress registry part of jv16 powertools and it created the following files. Can I suggest the winapp2 entry for all of the jv16 versions also check for these and similar named files in the other folders?

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT.tmp

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT.tmp

I was just wondering about this installshield installation information in the utilities section. If I check that and run CCleaner will it remove the log files needed to uninstall software?

I don't want to check that and then go to uninstall something and not be able to.

I know I ask some relatively noob questions here once in a while but I just want to be sure i don't fudge up things.

I just ran the compress registry part of jv16 powertools and it created the following files. Can I suggest the winapp2 entry for all of the jv16 versions also check for these and similar named files in the other folders?

You need to make sure they are NOT temp files set to replace the current DAT file on next boot (I suspect they could be)

I was just wondering about this installshield installation information in the utilities section. If I check that and run CCleaner will it remove the log files needed to uninstall software?

I don't want to check that and then go to uninstall something and not be able to.

I know I ask some relatively noob questions here once in a while but I just want to be sure i don't fudge up things.

It removes only .log files which shouldn't affect the uninstallation. I've had no problems with this entry using Win7 64bit. At the moment I'm using XP which doesn't have any .log files in that directory so nothing to clean.

My settings.sol does not contain the domain information because I have the following settings selected (for security reasons) via the Flash control panel applet:

- Block all sites from storing information on this computer.

- Block all sites from using the camera and microphone.

- Block all sites from using peer-assisted networking.

I use the same settings. That's why I wrote this previous post: 1711. But I think that most users never change the settings, so maybe the new and more "aggressive" entry could be better. But because we don't know what the majority wants, your suggestion for a separate entry would be a fair solution.

are all those DetectFiles necessary for Flash Player More*?

why not use a DetectFile for the flash folder itself?

DetectFile1=%AppData%\Adobe\Flash Player\

You are absolutely right! We can use the path of a FileKey line also for a DetectFile line. Sometimes you don't see the obvious. :)

Winapp2.ini-

What change, if any, are you planning for the Adobe Flash Player More* on the next update (based on all the discussion recently here on the forum)? ?

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

What do you guys think would be best? The DetectFile for flash or the DetectFile for Chome(s)

The DetectFile for Flash Player

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

What do you guys think would be best? The DetectFile for flash or the DetectFile for Chome(s)

Also with Chrome the temp folders for Flash are still the same, so the DetectFile for Flash should be enough.

Based on the recent discussion, here is my suggestion for the Flash entries:

[Adobe Flash Player More*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer
DetectFile=%AppData%\Adobe\Flash Player\
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\Macromed\Flash|FlashInstall.log
FileKey3=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash|FlashInstall.log

[Adobe Flash Player Settings*]
LangSecRef=3023
Warning=This will delete all your settings, including saved data from flash games!
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Flash Player|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player|*.*|RECURSE

Are you sure that you found all it did ?

I found the above, and much more, when I used NTREGOPT to compress my Registry on my Laptop running XP.

These are the locations which I found to clean after using NTREGOPT :-

\DOCUME~1\Dad

\DOCUME~1\Dad\LOCALS~1\APPLIC~1\MICROS~1\Windows

\DOCUME~1\LocalService

\DOCUME~1\LOCALS~1\LOCALS~1\APPLIC~1\MICROS~1\Windows

\DOCUME~1\NetworkService

\DOCUME~1\NETWOR~1\LOCALS~1\APPLIC~1\MICROS~1\Windows

\WINDOWS\system32\config

I believe every original NTUSER.DAT is renamed NTUSER.DAT.tmp and then the compressed version is created as NTUSER.DAT ready for a reboot.

Hopefully if the compression is defective and kills the registry it might be feasible to delete the new and replace the old,

either because Windows recognizes a disaster and reverts to "Last Good", or possibly via a Linux Boot CD and skills I hope never to need :rolleyes:

I was happy to zap all those *.DAT.TMP files after a successful reboot which "proved" no damage was done,

but only because I was confident that yesterday's image backup would rescue me from the jaws of death.

I do not know if, when, or how, these *.DAT.tmp files may ever be needed by normal users whose only recovery strategy is to reinstall Windows :o

• Moderators

I was happy to zap all those *.DAT.TMP files after a successful reboot which "proved" no damage was done,

but only because I was confident that yesterday's image backup would rescue me from the jaws of death.

I do not know if, when, or how, these *.DAT.tmp files may ever be needed by normal users whose only recovery strategy is to reinstall Windows :o

If an ERUNT backup was made it can restore the registry outside of Windows, without the lengthy process of needing to use an image restore.

If an ERUNT backup was made it can restore the registry outside of Windows, without the lengthy process of needing to use an image restore.

Agreed.

But many users of CCleaner do not use ERUNT - especially if they use jv16 powertools and an unaware of NTREGOPT.

Also with Chrome the temp folders for Flash are still the same, so the DetectFile for Flash should be enough.

[Adobe Flash Player More*]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\Macromed\Flash|FlashInstall.log
FileKey3=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash|FlashInstall.log

[Adobe Flash Player Settings*]
LangSecRef=3023
Warning=This will delete all your settings, including saved data from flash games!
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Flash Player|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player|*.*|RECURSE

I agree.

• Moderators

Works for me

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

MODIFIED ENTRY

[Auslogics BoostSpeed 5*]

LangSecRef=3024

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Auslogics\Auslogics BoostSpeed\boostspeed.exe

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\Auslogics|*.htm|RECURSE

FileKey2=%AppData%\Auslogics|*.log|RECURSE

FileKey3=%AppData%\Auslogics|*.xml|RECURSE

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|DiskCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFailed

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|DiskCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFound

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|DiskCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsRemoved

RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|DiskCleaner.AppLogic.LastScan

RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFailed

RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFound

RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsRemoved

RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.LastScan

RegKey9=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|TrackEraser.LastScan.DateTimeLo

RegKey10=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|TrackEraser.LastScan.FailedToRemove

RegKey11=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|TrackEraser.LastScan.Found

RegKey12=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|TrackEraser.LastScan.Removed

-Changed the name from [Auslogics BoostSpeed*] to [Auslogics BoostSpeed 5*]

-Removed the FileKey3=%AppData%\Auslogics|*.rsc|RECURSE (.rsc are important rollback files for Auslogics Internet Optimizer, Registry cleaner and Startup items)

-Added RegKey paths to remove the unnecessary MRU's

I think the entry listed below should be removed. I use Eclipse and I know this is a very dangerous entry. It could remove all the work from Eclipse.

[Eclipse - Workspace*]

• Moderators

thanks I've been commenting this out each release