Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

Modified entry: [jv16 PowerTools *]

FileKey3 needs to be removed.  Deleting the cache causes jv16 to run Initialization when jv16 is executed.  FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*\Cache|*.*

[jv16 PowerTools *]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*|*.log;*.reg
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*\Backups|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*\Debug|*.*
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*\Settings|*.log
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools*\Temp|*.*

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

[Beyond Compare *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare
FileKey1=%AppData%\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare*|*.bak
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare\Recent

This appears with Multi-Edit but does not use %appdata%\....  Is there a modification so it won't show if MEW exists?

Detect=HKCU\Software\Multi Edit Software\Multi-Edit\11.0

On 03/09/2021 at 02:07, CSGalloway said:

[Beyond Compare *] ...
Detect=HKCU\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare ...

This appears with Multi-Edit but does not use %appdata%\....  Is there a modification so it won't show if MEW exists? ...

If the entry [Beyond Compare *] appears, then you probably had "Beyond Compare" installed once and it is a leftover after uninstalling. Open "regedit" and delete the "Beyond Compare" key under "HKCU\Software\Scooter Software".

5 hours ago, APMichael said:

If the entry [Beyond Compare *] appears, then you probably had "Beyond Compare" installed once and it is a leftover after uninstalling. Open "regedit" and delete the "Beyond Compare" key under "HKCU\Software\Scooter Software".

As I said Beyond Compare is bundled with Multiedit - but from what I gather - HKCU\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare\Recent never appears....

I have exported the HKCU\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare tree......  in case it may narrow down a mod that would prevent it from showing when I run CCleaner

BC.reg.txt

On 05/09/2021 at 13:15, CSGalloway said:

As I said Beyond Compare is bundled with Multiedit - but from what I gather - HKCU\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare\Recent never appears....

I have exported the HKCU\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare tree......  in case it may narrow down a mod that would prevent it from showing when I run CCleaner

BC.reg.txt 4.44 kB · 2 downloads

Is there a way t6o modify this so it doesn't show is MEW exists?  Maybe change the Detect ?

Detect= HKCU\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare\Recent

???

19 hours ago, CSGalloway said:

Is there a way t6o modify this so it doesn't show is MEW exists?  Maybe change the Detect ? ...

With the September 6 update, "Detect" was changed to "DetectFile" because you had written that the %AppData% path is not used in the bundled version.

On 03/09/2021 at 02:07, CSGalloway said:

... This appears with Multi-Edit but does not use %appdata%\....  ...

Winapp2.ini update:
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/e8d7719113bcbfe34eeeb6702c1b63b936b721dc

Winapp3.ini update:
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/51874debc8db888579212735af5bb3483109dfd0

This was my last update of the Winapp2.ini for now. Unfortunately, due to major changes in my job and personal life, I no longer have the time to continue maintaining Winapp2.ini. 😢

If all goes well, @Winapp2.ini will probably take over the maintenance again soon.

I hope to return to the project at some point. Until then, I wish you all a wonderful and healthy time.

• Moderators

@APMichael

I'm sure everyone who uses Winapp2.ini wishes you well, and thank you for all the effort you have put into it.

I'm sure we'll see you back even if it is just with an occasional post :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I'll be here to maintain winapp2.ini

Be aware that the winapp2ool code signing certificate has expired and I won't be renewing it until my legal name change is complete, so any updates to winapp2ool in the somewhat immediate future will be unsigned and may possibly be flagged as malware. Rest assured that they are not and that the entire source code is always available to you on the repo :)

Good luck APMichael on your new venture.  Thanks much on all your efforts with WinApp2.  Please take care of yourself plus your family and stay safe!

Great to see that you, Winapp2.ini, are taking over the development and updates.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Thanks!

I think that @Winapp2.ini will also continue that you can still post new and updated entries here.

Very large changes as a pull request on GitHub are certainly a reduction in workload. However, the file is approaching the 1 MB limit, then one would have to use the desktop software for a pull request, which would certainly complicate things for some.

Modified entry:  [DVDFab *]

Added FileKey3:  FileKey3=%AppData%\LiveUpdate|*.log

[DVDFab *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect1=HKCU\Software\DVDFab
Detect2=HKCU\Software\DVDFab Passkey
Detect3=HKCU\Software\FabPlayer
FileKey1=%AppData%\DVDFab Player*\Advertis*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\DVDFab\DVDFab*\SceneData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\LiveUpdate|*.log
FileKey4=%Documents%\DVDFab*|*.log
FileKey5=%Documents%\DVDFab*\Log|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%Documents%\DVDFab*\SceneData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%Documents%\DVDFab*\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%Documents%\DVDFab\DVDFab*\Log|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%Documents%\DVDFab\DVDFab*\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%Documents%\PcSetup|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\FabPlayer|DefaultDir
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\FabPlayer|DefaultFile

I noticed some things:

RegEditX entry seems to contain RegKeys for RCrawler

[RegEditX *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\DCSoft\RegEditX
RegKey1=HKLM\Software\4Developers\RCrawler\History
RegKey2=HKLM\Software\4Developers\RCrawler\Settings|LastSearch

Is there any reason we shouldn't merge the two Acrobat Distiller entries into one?

[Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\DC
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller DC|*.log
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller DC\Cache|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\PrinterJobControl

[Adobe Acrobat Distiller XI *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\11.0
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller 11|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller 11\Cache|*.*

15 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

... RegEditX entry seems to contain RegKeys for RCrawler ...

This entry can actually be removed, since it is already covered by the [Registry Crawler *] entry. The reason for the entry was probably the following at the time: "RegEditX now includes Registry Crawler (from 4Developers) and works seemlessly with Vista and Windows 7 UAC...".

14 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

... Is there any reason we shouldn't merge the two Acrobat Distiller entries into one? ...

I think the entries are welcome to be merged.

[Adobe Acrobat Distiller *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller*|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller*\Cache|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller*|*.log
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller*\Cache|*.*

• 2 weeks later...

New entry:  [Windows Client WebExperience *]

This is part of Windows 11.  

[Windows Client WebExperience *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_cw5n1h2txyewy
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_*\LocalState\EBWebView\Default|*.Old
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_*\LocalState\EBWebView\Default\*|*.Old
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_*\LocalState\EBWebView\Default\*\*|*.Old

BTW is there a DetectOS=11 for Windows 11?