Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators

New:

New because the cleaning entry "[Intel Graphics Command Center *]" does not work since I don't have any folder named "LocalAppData%\Packages\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_*" for it to detect, therefore it never cleans the Intel Graphics Command Center Service Logs which are still generated (if the service is set to automatically run).

[Intel GCC SVC Logs *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\Software\Intel\Display
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Intel\GCC|gcc_svc_log_*.txt

--------------------------------

New:

[Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Intel Corporation\Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Intel Corporation\Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit|*Results.txt;System_Info.txt;TestResults_Full.txt

--------------------------------

It would certainly be nice if all the Intel stuff was combined into one unique area instead of using LangSecRef= which has some of it scattered and it's a bit of a pain to find all of it in a quick enough fashion. Something I could do on my end for my system alone but I though sharing the ideal may help others too. I'd prefer it to be in for example:
Section=Intel

Thanks for the new entries.

7 hours ago, Andavari said:

... New because the cleaning entry "[Intel Graphics Command Center *]" does not work since I don't have any folder named "LocalAppData%\Packages\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_*" for it to detect, therefore it never cleans the Intel Graphics Command Center Service Logs which are still generated (if the service is set to automatically run). ...

Ok, then the graphics driver seems to always install the GCC service, no matter if the "Metro App"-based settings GUI gets installed or not.

7 hours ago, Andavari said:

... It would certainly be nice if all the Intel stuff was combined into one unique area instead of using LangSecRef= which has some of it scattered and it's a bit of a pain to find all of it in a quick enough fashion. Something I could do on my end for my system alone but I though sharing the ideal may help others too. I'd prefer it to be in for example: Section=Intel ...

In my humble opinion, we should stick with the LangSecRefs specified by CCleaner for Winapp2.ini. Introducing special sections for different manufacturers (Intel, AMD, Adobe, Cyberlink, ...) would only make the display in CCleaner more confusing. The entries in the Winapp2.ini file are sorted alphabetically, so that you have at least in this all entries of a manufacturer together.

Does anyone else who runs MS Edge Chromium browser and winapp2.ini in CCleaner see this update error in MS Edge (see pic)?  It occurs on all my systems (all use Edge, CCleaner, Winapp2.ini) and each time I check for an Edge update via ABOUT.  Please note that Edge's automatic update does not work on any of my systems.  I've searched for months to find a fix but have been unsuccessful.  My suspicion is that CCleaner is deleting a needed parameter.  

Once the error occurs, all I do to "fix" it is to run ABOUT again and the update completes.

MSEdgeUpdateError.png

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

• Moderators

I don't get that Edge Chromium error as seen in your screenshot and I use the winapp2.ini cleaning entries from here in CCleaner, and also what's included in BleachBit and I'm not getting any corruption.

From what I know corruption happens if it's closed improperly by forcing it to close such as via Task Manager, or if a cleaning tool could possibly improperly close it.

The entry [Edge Update *] removes cached installation files, however I have never had problems with this on my systems.

[Edge Update *] ...
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Download|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Install|*.*|RECURSE

Is it possible that you are using the Winapp3.ini entry [Edge Installer *]? This is known to cause the problem you describe.

[Edge Installer *] ...
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft\Edge*\Application\*\Installer|*.7z

52 minutes ago, APMichael said:

The entry [Edge Update *] removes cached installation files, however I have never had problems with this on my systems.

[Edge Update *] ...
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Download|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Install|*.*|RECURSE

Is it possible that you are using the Winapp3.ini entry [Edge Installer *]? This is known to cause the problem you describe.

[Edge Installer *] ...

Thanks for the feedback.  I do not use winapp3.ini.  One thing I'm testing now is that I have signed into my MS account via MS Edge.  I typically run only with a local account on Windows 10x64 Pro and also Edge.  I have to wait for the next Edge update to see if that is/was the problem.  Would please post the code for [Edge Installer *] in winapp3,ini.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

I also only ever use local accounts.

This is the complete Winapp3.ini entry:

[Edge Installer *]
Section=Dangerous Edge Chromium
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge*
Warning=This will prevent successful online updates. You will need to download the installer for a reinstallation.
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge*\Application\*\Installer|*.7z

Modified entry:  [Casper *]

Added Detect3

[Casper *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Future Systems Solutions\Casper
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Future Systems Solutions\Casper 10
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Future Systems Solutions\Casper 11
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Future Systems Solutions\Casper\Minidump|*.*

Revised Entry

Added: UserActivity.json into FileKey9

[Weather *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0|*.log
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\PRICache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\LocalState|*.tmp;UserActivity.json
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory

I am new to Winapp2 and tried to use it for CCLeaner.

I downloaded newest winapp2ool.exe from github and put it into CCLeaner installation directory (with winapp2.ini).

Then I started winapp2.ini and selected 2.Trim--->1. Run (default) to trim all unfound applications on my system from winapp2.ini file.

Afterwards I started CCleaner v5.78 and inspected in Custom Clean--->Applications all remaining entries with stars

Surprisingly a lot of them still appears:

E.g. for Opera and Brave browser. I never installed them.

So why are they NOT trimmed/removed from winapp2.ini (...and CCleaner)?

4 hours ago, thoste said:

... E.g. for Opera and Brave browser. I never installed them.

So why are they NOT trimmed/removed from winapp2.ini (...and CCleaner)?

Do you have a browser-independent download manager installed? These sometimes make entries in the registry, even though the corresponding browsers have not been installed.

These unwanted registry entries must then be removed manually.
Brave: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BraveSoftware
Opera: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software

• 2 weeks later...

Modified Entry:  [CyberLink PowerDVD *]

Added Detect8, RegKey21 thru RegKey25

[CyberLink PowerDVD *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect1=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD14
Detect2=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15
Detect3=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16
Detect4=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17
Detect5=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18
Detect6=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD19
Detect7=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20
Detect8=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD21
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Cyberlink\Evoparser|*.xml
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\SUPPORTDIR\*|*.log
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\DigitalHome|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\*\PowerDVDMainAP|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\cache*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\CL_DMP_Browser|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\DB*\computer|*.db|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\DefaultMember|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey10=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey11=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey12=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey13=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD19\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey14=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD19\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey15=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD19\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey16=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey17=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey18=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey19=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\CoarseSnapshot\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey20=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\CoarseSnapshot\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey21=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD21\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey22=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD21\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey23=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD21\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey24=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD21\CoarseSnapshot\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey25=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD21\CoarseSnapshot\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo

• Moderators
On 02/04/2021 at 08:04, siliconman01 said:

Does anyone else who runs MS Edge Chromium browser and winapp2.ini in CCleaner see this update error in MS Edge (see pic)?  It occurs on all my systems (all use Edge, CCleaner, Winapp2.ini) and each time I check for an Edge update via ABOUT.  Please note that Edge's automatic update does not work on any of my systems.  I've searched for months to find a fix but have been unsuccessful.  My suspicion is that CCleaner is deleting a needed parameter.  

Once the error occurs, all I do to "fix" it is to run ABOUT again and the update completes.

MSEdgeUpdateError.png

I got same error last week when I was still on Win10 Home v1909, it wouldn't update at all due to corruption but I didn't bother because I soon upgraded to Win10 Home v20H2.

I also got a similar error in Win10 Home v20H2 when Edge Chromium had an update, but on that occasion it had some text stating to try again in a few hours or something along those lines. I simply rebooted, tried again, and it installed without any issue.

Note that I use that Edge Update cleaner, however I don't know if it's causing the issue or not. Perhaps it needs to be investigated and tested.

New entry:  [Folder Size Log *]

[Folder Size Log *]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Folder Size\FolderSize.exe
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\MindGems\FolderSize|FolderSizeLog.txt

• Moderators

Added: FileKey5

Added because of a Windows Defender bug, in accordance to this topic:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/60418-windows-defender-bug-may-fill-your-hard-drive-with-thousands-of-files/

[Windows Defender *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Defender
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Network Inspection System\Support|*.txt;NisLog.txt.bak
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\BackupStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\CacheManager|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service|*.log
FileKey5=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Store|*.*
FileKey6=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\MetaStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\RtSigs\Data|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support|*.*|RECURSE

On 01/09/2014 at 05:57, back_track said:

but ther are never come into the normal winapp2.ini

I collect so entries from this forum  threat^^  and collect a bad list...... :ph34r:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tu0yc4dt10hy6ds/Winsys2.ini?dl=0

I was sad to come back and see this deleted after so long, so here's a copy I've had backed up for a while now in case anyone is looking for this in the future:

Winsys2.ini

1 hour ago, wiggletiggle475 said:

I was sad to come back and see this deleted after so long, so here's a copy I've had backed up for a while now in case anyone is looking for this in the future:

Winsys2.ini 133.27 kB · 1 download

At a glance, I think much of what this file includes is in winapp3.ini now

Revised Entry

Subscriptions Activity History
Added: RegKey1

[Content Delivery Manager *]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\LocalState\Favicons|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\LocalState\MobilityExperience\ImageCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\LocalState\OneSettingsResponseCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\LocalState\TargetedContentCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\Subscriptions

New Entry

[Edge Website Redirecting Statistics *]
LangSecRef=3006
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge*
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge*\User Data\*|load_statistics.db;load_statistics.db-shm;load_statistics.db-wal