Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

52 minutes ago, ROCKNROLL said:

I am pleased to announce the first introduction of Winapp3.

[snip...]

What is the link to download Winapp3.ini please?  I am using the following link to download winapp2.ini

Master: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/master/Winapp2.ini

Branch: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/MoscaDotTo-patch-1/Winapp2.ini

is branch still bring used?

1 hour ago, CSGalloway said:

What is the link to download Winapp3.ini please?  I am using the following link to download winapp2.ini

Master: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/master/Winapp2.ini

Branch: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/MoscaDotTo-patch-1/Winapp2.ini

is branch still bring used?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/master/Winapp3/Beta/Winapp3.ini

Alternatively, you would just click on one of the files and click on "Raw" and it will take you to that.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

For Winapp2.ini, [Microsoft Security Essentials *] some Windows XP systems don't have the HKCU entry resulting in non-detection so I am suggesting adding the Detect2 below for reliable detection:

[Microsoft Security Essentials *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\LocalCopy|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Network Inspection System\Support|NisLog.txt.bak
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Scans\History\Service|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Client\Support|MSSecurityClient*.log
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\LocalCopy|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Scans\History\Service|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Client\Support|MSSecurityClient*.log

As an aside, Microsoft Security Essentials is still useful in Windows XP as long as MSE is version 4.4 or below.  Offline definition updater installers can be downloaded directly from Microsoft.  Changing a registry entry can make def updates automatic again if desired.  The only issue is that systems with non-SSE processors cannot update definitions past about mid January 2018 or an error will result.

Modified entry:  [Internet Download Manager *]

Added *.txt to FileKey1 to clean file and URL download history.

[Internet Download Manager *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager
Default=False
Warning=This will delete unfinished downloads.
FileKey1=%AppData%\IDM|*.Log;*.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\IDM\DwnlData|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Internet Download Manager|*.log
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\1
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\2
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\3
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\4
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\5
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\6
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\7
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\8
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\9
RegKey10=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\10
RegKey11=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\11
RegKey12=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\12
RegKey13=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\13
RegKey14=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\14
RegKey15=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\15
RegKey16=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\16
RegKey17=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\17
RegKey18=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\18
RegKey19=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\19
RegKey20=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\20
RegKey21=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\21
RegKey22=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\22
RegKey23=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\23
RegKey24=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\24
RegKey25=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\25
RegKey26=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\26
RegKey27=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\27
RegKey28=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\28
RegKey29=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\29
RegKey30=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\30
RegKey31=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\31
RegKey32=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\32
RegKey33=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\33
RegKey34=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\34
RegKey35=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\35
RegKey36=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\36
RegKey37=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\37
RegKey38=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\38
RegKey39=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\39
RegKey40=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\40
RegKey41=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\41
RegKey42=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\42
RegKey43=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\43
RegKey44=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\44
RegKey45=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\45
RegKey46=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\46
RegKey47=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\47
RegKey48=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\48
RegKey49=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\49
RegKey50=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\50
RegKey51=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\51
RegKey52=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\52
RegKey53=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\53
RegKey54=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\54
RegKey55=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\55
RegKey56=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\56
RegKey57=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\57
RegKey58=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\58
RegKey59=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\59
RegKey60=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\60
RegKey61=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\61
RegKey62=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\62
RegKey63=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\63
RegKey64=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\64
RegKey65=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\65
RegKey66=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\66
RegKey67=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\67
RegKey68=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\68
RegKey69=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\69
RegKey70=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\70
RegKey71=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\71
RegKey72=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\72
RegKey73=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\73
RegKey74=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\74
RegKey75=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\75
RegKey76=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager\maxID

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

After a clean install of the new Stellarium 0.18.0 64bit, I see that the cache folder path has been changed and not capitalized anymore so I'm suggesting adding FileKey3 below and leaving FileKey2 for older versions.

[Stellarium *]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%AppData%\Stellarium
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Stellarium|log.txt
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Stellarium\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\stellarium\stellarium\cache|*.*|RECURSE

I am pleased to announce the release of beta 2 for Winapp3. This beta includes a complete organization of Winapp3, an improved section of Language entries, and various other file cleanups, especially with warnings. Also, I uncommented (is that a word?) out all the entries that were previously commented out, so you should see even more entries appear now. The changelog is kind of bad due to the fact that I used Winapp2ools new auto correction, but here it is anyways: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/db6e48157429e7b491a41af1f36c81e286e0b490

In other news, I would appreciate if anyone would be willing to review some of these entries throughout Winapp3 and see if any of them need changing/improving/removing. Work has picked up on me and I have little time to do this but I will continue to improve the file as is.

Minor change in Winapp2ool.exe beta.  (See pic)

Winapp2ool.png

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

13 hours ago, ROCKNROLL said:

I am pleased to announce the release of beta 2 for Winapp3...
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/db6e48157429e7b491a41af1f36c81e286e0b490...

I think there went something wrong with the upload. Winapp3.ini and Winapp2.ini are identical files now. If you click on "Load diff" you can see that Winapp3.ini was replaced by Winapp2.ini.

I have re-uploaded Winapp3 and released a beta 3 along side of it. The changes in beta 3 include the previous changes I listed for beta 2, along with an improved 7zip language entry, removal of many unneeded warnings, improved existing warnings and names for entries, and some cleanup and cherry-picking. I won't bother posting the GitHub change log this time, because it will just show Winapp2 being deleted and replaced with Winapp3, so here is the raw download here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/master/Winapp3/Beta/Winapp3.ini

As I said before, if anyone is willing to take on the task of looking into some of the existing entries and determine if they are still necessary, please feel free to.

On another subject, I will be working on licensing everything, including Winapp2 and Winapp2ool. I have already licensed Winapp3 under CC-BY-SA 4.0 (will also be used for Winapp2 both versions). Winapp2ool and CCDump (since users seem to still find this useful) will be licensed under GNU GPL v3.0.

This can be further discussed here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/issues/236

In case you haven't noticed, ApMichael has been promoted to a contributor on GitHub. He is now a part of the official team behind Winapp2/3.

I would also like to announce his release of Beta 4 for Winapp3, which consisted of a 2 part commit. These changes included many fixes of entries, removing duplicate entries from Winapp2/CCleaner, adding some new entries, and much more. All can be viewed here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/b1fc05b24c9d63d2c1548a0d6afd719c59bd2608

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/99efab6057d6780d24a68e7e9d18de8f71117975

I'd like to suggest an update for Winapp3.ini: [Flash Local Shared Object Files *].  This entry is very broad and assumes that all .sol files are Flash related.  As such it needs a list of ExcludeKey entries.  On my own systems I have the GhostScript PostScript converter which has an .sol file that clearly isn't Flash related so I've added ExcludeKey1:

[Flash Local Shared Object Files *]
Section=Dangerous
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%|*.SOL|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\GPLGS\|Fontmap.Sol

There probably are other uses of .sol for other programs, "Solidity Scripts" for example.  It is certainly a "Dangerous" entry as its section implies.

Winapp3.ini:

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems that all GhostScript based tools use that "Fontmap.Sol" file. We could make the ExcludeKey more universal:

[Flash Local Shared Object Files *]
Section=Dangerous
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%|*.SOL|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%SystemDrive%\*\|Fontmap.Sol

And I think we should remove the entry [Flash SOL Files *], because it deletes nothing but those GhostScript files.

Edit: Or should we remove both entries, because Flash is a "dying" software anyway?

I have a pending update for winapp2ool that could use some testing

here's the PR that lists some of the changes: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/245

You can get the 0.85b executable here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/blob/591c4da686f5c9097a289d0a64389f2133c4ff65/Tools/beta/winapp2ool.exe

Here's a photo showing some of the menu changes that have been put into place

New Entry

[Microsoft Ultimate Word Games *]
Section=Games
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Studios.Wordament_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Studios.Wordament_*\TempState|*.log

13 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I have a pending update for winapp2ool that could use some testing

here's the PR that lists some of the changes: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/245

You can get the 0.85b executable here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/blob/591c4da686f5c9097a289d0a64389f2133c4ff65/Tools/beta/winapp2ool.exe

Here's a photo showing some of the menu changes that have been put into place

test.thumb.png.9fd840e7c40d576845617d4e44539e77.png

0.85b is showing 3 duplicate errors when executing WinAppdebug.  These are not detected with 0.85

DuplicateErrorCode.txt

DuplicateErrors.png

Modified entry:  [Polarity Internet Traces *]

FileKey3 correction for duplicated entry   history_times.ini 

[Polarity Internet Traces *]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Polarity
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Stanley Lim\Polarity\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Stanley Lim\Polarity\Favicon|*.*
FileKey3=%UserProfile%\Polarity_Config|savedTabs.ini;history.ini;history_names.ini;history_times.ini;downloads_urls.ini;downloads_times.ini;downloads_names.ini

10 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

0.85b is showing 3 duplicate errors when executing WinAppdebug.  These are not detected with 0.85

DuplicateErrorCode.txt

DuplicateErrors.png

This is the intended behavior. I had been working on finding unneeded parameterizations (eg log*.txt;log.txt -> log.txt is not needed because log*.txt covers it) but I didn't complete that work yet so I had intended to disable it. In the meanwhile, any wholly duplicate parameters should be caught properly by WinappDebug. Anything with wildcards is hit/miss (mostly miss) still.

It should be noted that those errors are actually accurate in your output

FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\CanonBJ\IJPrinter\CNMWindows|drvlog*;drvlog*.*;plmlog*.*;plmlog.*|RECURSE

between plmlog*.* and plmlog.*, only plmlog*.* is needed :)

On 2018-04-17 at 01:38, APMichael said:

And I think we should remove the entry [Flash SOL Files *], because it deletes nothing but those GhostScript files.

Edit: Or should we remove both entries, because Flash is a "dying" software anyway?

This is a good question.  Winapp3 isn't meant to be safe or used blindly.  Presumably people would use it by copying sections of interest to their custom.ini files, editing to their taste, run analysis only on that entry in ccleaner, open the relevant folder in explorer, look at the files to be deleted, make the decision etc.

However more specifically to this one, I haven't seen flash related .sol files appear outside their normal location, so I would think this entry would only get used as a double check.  I don't know anything about Solidity (which uses .sol files for scripts) but apparently it is a thing across multiple platforms including Windows and this entry would cause problems for those people.

Modified Entry:  [CyberLink PowerDVD *]

Added Detect4 for the new PowerDVD18

Added RegKey10/11/12

[CyberLink PowerDVD *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect1=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15
Detect2=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16
Detect3=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17
Detect4=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\CyberLink\Boomerang\*|*.xml;*.dmp
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Cyberlink\Evoparser|*.xml
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\CyberLink\PowerDVD*\Boomerang\*|*.xml;*.dmp
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\DigitalHome|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\cache*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\CL_DMP_Browser|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey10=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey11=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey12=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD18\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5

15 hours ago, PICPro said:

This is a good question.  Winapp3 isn't meant to be safe or used blindly.  Presumably people would use it by copying sections of interest to their custom.ini files, editing to their taste, run analysis only on that entry in ccleaner, open the relevant folder in explorer, look at the files to be deleted, make the decision etc. ...

Thank you very much for your reply.

Beta 5 of Winapp3 has been released. This will most likely be the last beta version of Winapp3, if nothing else comes up. This update includes a new section for entries that take (or could take) a long time to scan on users systems. The new section is called "Dangerous Long". Other changes include an improved Nexus Mod Manager Old Config entry and some minor changes to some warnings.

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/b1e3f78919c63642ea47fd9988907378a8b7b0eb