Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

48 minutes ago, SMalik said:

Revised Entries

Added: %AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport2\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

Isn't this related to [Adobe Updater *]?

You could change "FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport*\Logs|ulog_*.tmp" to "FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport*\Logs|*.*|RECURSE".

3 hours ago, APMichael said:

Isn't this related to [Adobe Updater *]?

You could change "FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport*\Logs|ulog_*.tmp" to "FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport*\Logs|*.*|RECURSE".

It has nothing to do with Adobe update. Please don't guess. I don't post things here without testing. This is for the application logs to submit to Adobe.

The names of the apps listed below have changed in the latest version of Windows 10 (1709).

from [Get Office *] to [My Office *]

from [Bing Maps *] to [Maps *]

from [Bing News *] to [News *]

from [Bing Weather *] to [Weather *]

1 hour ago, SMalik said:

It has nothing to do with Adobe update. Please don't guess. I don't post things here without testing. This is for the application logs to submit to Adobe.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, SMalik said:

This location will NEVER have iconcache_*.db files.

Sorry, but this isn't correct. They are on every Windows 10 system I have seen until now. And siliconman01 wouldn't post a modified entry without checking and testing also.

iconcache.jpg

The LangSecRef's of the apps listed below should be changed to make them show only on Windows 8/8.1.

[Bing Finance *]
[Bing Food and Drink *]
[Bing Health and Fitness *]
[Bing Search *]
[Bing Sports *]
[Bing Travel *]

6 hours ago, SMalik said:

This location will NEVER have iconcache_*.db files.

All my Windows 10x64 Pro systems have iconcache_*.db files at C:\%USER%\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer.  And iconcache_32.db can/does keep increasing.  I continue to recommend the addition of FileKey2 to [Icon Cache *]

iconcache.png

Also see the link below:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rebuild-icon-clear-thumbnail-cache-windows-10

Edited by siliconman01
Added reference link

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

16 hours ago, SMalik said:

The LangSecRef's of the apps listed below should be changed to make them show only on Windows 8/8.1.

[Bing Finance *]
[Bing Food and Drink *]
[Bing Health and Fitness *]
[Bing Search *]
[Bing Sports *]
[Bing Travel *]

Adding DetectOS=6.2|6.3 works reliable.

Updates: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/8adae93feeee6d67f2653923734fbaf7ee848881

Also, last update, I updated the named of the browsers sections. The new names are "Chrome/Chromium based browsers" and "Mozilla based browsers".

21 hours ago, SMalik said:

The names of the apps listed below have changed in the latest version of Windows 10 (1709).

from [Bing Maps *] to [Maps *]

This name is already taken, so I left this one as [Bing Maps *].

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

I checked some other privacy cleaner programs and none of them remove any files from the location listed below. I think we should remove this from the Microsoft Edge entry.

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\*\DBStore\

Revised Entry

Removed:
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\*\DBStore|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey's

[Microsoft Edge *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\#!00*\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\#!00*\Microsoft\Cryptnet*Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\#!00*\MicrosoftEdge\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\Microsoft\Cryptnet*Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Datastore\Data\nouser1\*\Favorites|*.ico
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Indexed\Data\nouser1\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\ImageStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AppData\User\Default\Indexed DB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%UserProfile%\MicrosoftEdgeBackups\backups\*|*.*|RECURSE

There should be a seperate entry for bam service traces. Initially it was added in the [Cryptographic Services Traces*] now it is in the [Windows Logs *] entry.

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?do=findComment&comment=288748

Background Activity Moderator Driver (bam) Service

http://servicedefaults.com/10/bam/

[BAM Service Traces *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings

Please replace the FileKeys listed below with %LocalAppData%\ashampoo\BaNT|*.*|RECURSE in the [Ashampoo Burning Studio *] entry.

FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\ashampoo\BaNT|*.log
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\ashampoo\BaNT\product|*.*|RECURSE

Same with the [Ashampoo Snap *] entry, please replace the FileKeys listed below with %LocalAppData%\ashampoo\BaNT|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\ashampoo\BaNT|*.log
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\ashampoo\BaNT\product|*.*|RECURSE

9 minutes ago, SMalik said:

There should be a seperate entry for bam service traces. Initially it was added in the [Cryptographic Services Traces*] now it is in the [Windows Logs *] entry.

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?do=findComment&comment=288748

Background Activity Moderator Driver (bam) Service

http://servicedefaults.com/10/bam/

[BAM Service Traces *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings

Would this be better suited to the Windows Subsystems * entry?

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, SMalik said:

@Winapp2.ini can you please have Piriform add a DetectOS=6.2|6.3 into CCleaner's built-in [Bing Search], [Bing Finance], [Bing Maps], [Bing News], [Bing Sports] and [Bing Travel] entries?

He has no more power, to do that, than you do.  You can make it a suggestion in the suggestions board.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Revised Entry

Changed name from [Adobe Updater *] to [Adobe Application Manager *]

Removed %AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport*\Logs|ulog_*.tmp

[Adobe Application Manager *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Adobe\Installers|*.log.gz|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Adobe\ARM|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\AAMUpdater|*.Log|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\*\Updater|*.log
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Updater*|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey6=%AppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\*\Updater|*.log

On 2/3/2018 at 15:56, SMalik said:

I checked some other privacy cleaner programs and none of them remove any files from the location listed below. I think we should remove this from the Microsoft Edge entry.

%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\*\DBStore\

Revised Entry

Removed:
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\*\DBStore|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey's

[Microsoft Edge *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\#!00*\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\#!00*\Microsoft\Cryptnet*Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\#!00*\MicrosoftEdge\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\Microsoft\Cryptnet*Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Datastore\Data\nouser1\*\Favorites|*.ico
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Indexed\Data\nouser1\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\ImageStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_*\AppData\User\Default\Indexed DB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%UserProfile%\MicrosoftEdgeBackups\backups\*|*.*|RECURSE

This is a very good revision.  It stops the deletion of ~20 mbytes of info every time CCleaner runs and then Windows promptly reloads the info.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

By renaming .dlls that are loaded near the end of the loading process, I managed to get all of the versions of the DxO Photosuite applications to crash and found some additional crash log folders.  I've inserted FileKey3 and 5 to the existing entries to clean these:

[DxO Photo Suite *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKCU\Software\DxO
Detect2=HKCU\Software\DxO Labs
Detect3=HKCU\Software\DxOLabs
Detect4=HKLM\Software\DxO
Detect5=HKLM\Software\DxO Labs
Detect6=HKLM\Software\DxOLabs
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\DxO Optics*Pro * crash*s|*.*
FileKey2=%Documents%\DxO Optics*Pro * logs|*.*
FileKey3=%Documents%\DxO PhotoLab crashes|*.*
FileKey4=%Documents%\DxO PhotoLab logs|*.*
FileKey5=%Documents%\DxO*\CrashReports|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%Documents%\DxO*\log|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\DxO\DxO PhotoLab *\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\DxO_Labs\DataCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\DxO_Labs\DxO*\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\DxO_Labs\DxO*\CrashReports|*.*
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\DxO_Labs\DxO*\DiskCache|*.*
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\DxO_Labs\DxO*\Logs|*.*
FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\DxO_Labs\Logs|*.*

11 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

This is a very good revision.  It stops the deletion of ~20 mbytes of info every time CCleaner runs and then Windows promptly reloads the info.  

Its not even 5MB. I checked all the files there, none of them have any sensitive data.

edge_datastore.png

On 2/2/2018 at 21:56, siliconman01 said:

All my Windows 10x64 Pro systems have iconcache_*.db files at C:\%USER%\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer.  And iconcache_32.db can/does keep increasing.  I continue to recommend the addition of FileKey2 to [Icon Cache *]

Also see the link below:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rebuild-icon-clear-thumbnail-cache-windows-10

I am sorry, you're right. I checked some other systems and these files do exist.

17 hours ago, PICPro said:

By renaming .dlls that are loaded near the end of the loading process, I managed to get all of the versions of the DxO Photosuite applications to crash and found some additional crash log folders.  I've inserted FileKey3 and 5 to the existing entries to clean these:

Revised entry:

Just merged FileKeys.

[DxO Photo Suite *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKCU\Software\DxO
Detect2=HKCU\Software\DxO Labs
Detect3=HKCU\Software\DxOLabs
Detect4=HKLM\Software\DxO
Detect5=HKLM\Software\DxO Labs
Detect6=HKLM\Software\DxOLabs
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\DxO * crash*s|*.*