Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

30 minutes ago, back_track said:

I agree with you, butevery programm is an application.  :P

By the way its a hard discussion but I think driver software are also 3024 or Windows section. [Canon Printer] [Realtek].

Eg Nvidia is correct there.

We can look at piriform how they do it. They sort steam into multimedia, we have it under Games....

greets

Steam definitely fits better under Games for our purposes (not a category that exists by Default in CCleaner) given that there are almost 400 entries in winapp2.ini (for reference, winapp.ini has only 402 entries total) that target games. Beyond the basic Steam entry, I don't think Piriform supports anything targeted at gaming.

4 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Steam definitely fits better under Games for our purposes (not a category that exists by Default in CCleaner) given that there are almost 400 entries in winapp2.ini (for reference, winapp.ini has only 402 entries total) that target games. Beyond the basic Steam entry, I don't think Piriform supports anything targeted at gaming.

I suspect there are a few entries in Winapp.ini that are not classified properly.   

Edited by siliconman01
edited out first post

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

1 minute ago, siliconman01 said:

Why not set up a custom Section=Games for all the games within Winapp2.ini.  Personally I have a Section=US English Languages which I use to tack on 40+ cleaning modules to remove gigabytes of language files from third party program installations.  

That's currently what we do, I think it's the appropriate approach given that games don't really feel like they "belong" to any of the default CCleaner LangSecRefs.

Revised Entry

Removed REMOVESELF in FileKey1. It is deleting the %AppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes\Cookies, folder as you can see it in FileKey2.

[iTunes *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\Apple Computer, Inc.\iTunes
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes|*.ipcc;*.ipsw;*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes\Cookies|Cookies.binarycookies
FileKey3=%AppData%\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Temporary Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes|Cache.db
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Temporary Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%Music%\iTunes|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey8=%Music%\iTunes\Album Artwork\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%UserProfile%\Apple Computer\logs|*.log
FileKey10=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

11 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:
11 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

Why not set up a custom Section=Games for all the games within Winapp2.ini.  Personally I have a Section=US English Languages which I use to tack on 40+ cleaning modules to remove gigabytes of language files from third party program installations.  

That's currently what we do, I think it's the appropriate approach given that games don't really feel like they "belong" to any of the default CCleaner LangSecRefs.

I think it would be a great idea to hjave people post their custom entries, like the 40+ cleaning modules (rules) you mention above.  - maybe like a winapp3.ini ?

Revised Entry

Removed: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState|TimelinePrefetchThumbnails.xml
Added: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState|*.sqlite;*.sqlite-shm;*.sqlite-wal;*.xml

[Photos *]
DetectOS=10.0|
Section=3031
Default=False
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState|*.sqlite;*.sqlite-shm;*.sqlite-wal;*.xml
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState\PhotosAppTile|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\PackagesMicrosoft.Windows.Photos_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedPickerData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App\DefaultSaveFileSingle
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\ManagedByApp
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

14 hours ago, CSGalloway said:

I think it would be a great idea to hjave people post their custom entries, like the 40+ cleaning modules (rules) you mention above.  - maybe like a winapp3.ini ?

We've dabbled with this idea in the past ("dangerous entries" and "langfiles" inis both briefly existed at some point or another). ini files beyond winapp2.ini never got much traffic though, so I stopped maintaining them.

On 7.1.2018 at 00:40, SMalik said:

New Entry
I checked the 'Other Explorer MRUs' entry in winsys.ini and these paths are not there.
[Explorer MRUs *] ...
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamMRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams

Sorry, but you overlooked it.

We can remove the entry [Explorer MRUs *], because it is in winsys.ini already:

[Window Size/Location Cache] ...

On 7.1.2018 at 00:40, SMalik said:

Revised Entry ...
[Start Menu Cache *] ...
RegKey2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UFH\ARP

Is that RegKey safe? I checked the key on my system and it contains two entries only, but both are valid paths to uninstallers.

8 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

We've dabbled with this idea in the past ("dangerous entries" and "langfiles" inis both briefly existed at some point or another). ini files beyond winapp2.ini never got much traffic though, so I stopped maintaining them.

I would love lang files cleaning,

for example chrome "international" is filled with tons of irrelevant resource files, I added some paths myself in the ini, but I'm pretty sure there are others as well

9 hours ago, APMichael said:

Sorry, but you overlooked it.

We can remove the entry [Explorer MRUs *], because it is in winsys.ini already:

[Window Size/Location Cache] ...

I’m sorry. I think they should move these into the 'Other Explorer MRUs' entry.

9 hours ago, APMichael said:

Is that RegKey safe? I checked the key on my system and it contains two entries only, but both are valid paths to uninstallers.

These are the Start Menu's cached traces for the program's uninstallers. Not every installed program leaves uninstaller traces there.

UFH_ARP.png

Revised Entry

Registry cleaner programs remove Google Chrome UninstallString from Windows Registry if setup.exe file is not present at %ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\*\Installer\.

Removed:
%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome*\Application\*\Installer|*.*|RECURSE
%ProgramFiles%\Google\Update\*\*\Installer|*.*|RECURSE

Removed (Does not exists):
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
%LocalAppData%\Google\Update\*\*\Installer|*.7z
%ProgramFiles%|GUT*.tmp

Added:
%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\*\Installer|*.7z

[Installer *]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Detect=HKCU\Software\Vivaldi
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\SuperBird\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Torch\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\Application\*\Installer|*.7z

Chrome_UninstallString.png

Installer.png

On 1/6/2018 at 23:51, Winapp2.ini said:

A user a long time ago posted the old winsys.ini on GitHub, but we ignored it. Now that we are on GitHub with a centralized community and have more members then before, we could try again. The old winsys.ini is still there on GitHub.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

On 1/2/2018 at 17:19, SMalik said:

I will not suggest adding the removal of databases. You can create your own custom entry and do whatever you'd like. The name, ACDSee Standard Registry, does not make sense. The program's name is ACDSee Standard.

They were entires I orginially made and I wanted to do one for the databases and one for the registry.......

2 hours ago, CSGalloway said:

They were entires I orginially made and I wanted to do one for the databases and one for the registry.......

Removing databases is very dangerous. You can make your own personal entry for that. You had the wrong registry paths, I just fixed them. Cleaning of program's registry traces is still included in the ACDSee Standard entry.

[Windows Shellbags *] is causing another annoying issue when using Search within File Explorer.  It causes the search results to be defaulted back to Content view instead of the user selected view such as Detailed View.  Reference the link below which describes/resolves the problem of the selected user view within the Search of File Explorer.

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/60109-how-change-default-folder-view-search-results.html

Once a user sets the desired view for Search in File Explorer as per the solution in the link above (and it does work), [Windows Shellbags *] wipes out the fix and reverts File Explorer back to the default Search view which is Content.  The two keys below are causing the problem.

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

Removing these two keys from [Windows Shellbags *] is the only "fix" that I can make work; however, maybe someone else can feedback a more desirable fix.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

I removed ShellBags, used my computer for a few hours and ShellBags entries reached up to 462. These traces can grow up to no limit depending on your computer use.

These traces also keep records of the folders once created, used and then deleted.

I typed shellbags in Google search and here are the results.

google_search_1.png

google_search_2.png

Revised Entry

Added for 32-bit systems: ExcludeKey3=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders
Removed: "\Shell" from the end of the ExcludeKey1 and ExcludeKey5

[Windows ShellBags *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
ExcludeKey1=REG|HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders
ExcludeKey2=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop
ExcludeKey3=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders
ExcludeKey4=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\1\Desktop
ExcludeKey5=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\AllFolders

Windows XP

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

Windows Vista/Windows 7

On 32-bit systems

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

On 64-bit systems additionally

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

Windows 8/Windows 10

On 32-bit systems

On 64-bit systems additionally

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

Looks like Cached Icons file (%LocalAppData%\IconCache.db) is not being wiped on Windows 10 even after restarting explorer.exe. I was able to wipe it with CCleaner after I started Windows in Safe Mode.

TIP

As you know CCleaner does not wipe locked files since it has no option to restart system and wipe locked files on system reboot. Every once in a while I start Windows in Safe Mode and run CCleaner to remove all those locked files.