Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

The [Device Manager Cache XP*] code is now showing up on Windows 10 systems.

[Device Manager Cache XP*]
DetectOS=5.1|
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
Warning=This clears cached drivers of connected devices. As soon as you connect a new device, this file regenerates.
FileKey1=%WinDir%\inf|INFCACHE.1

I changed the DetectOS to DetectOS=|5.1 and it no longer shows up on Windows 10.  HOWEVER, I have no way to determine if it shows up properly on XP systems after this change.

So DetectOS only works if it is like this DetectOS=|X? I thought this was wrong because other entries have it like this DetectOS=X|

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

The "Detect" is missing on this entry because the entry should always be present.  The Config.msi folder pops in and out based on program installers.  If you do a TRIM of Winapp2.ini at a time when Config.msi is not present on the drive because the last run installer properly cleaned up after itself, then you will not pick up the cleaning code so that it can cleanup a left over Config.msi until the next time your trim.  

Interesting. I didn't know CCleaner worked without a Detect either, but I guess i never really tested. I wonder if we can do this with other system entries, like logs and temp files, but only if it applies to all Windows systems, like temp files for example are the same from XP-10, as far as I am concerned.

Interesting. I didn't know CCleaner worked without a Detect either, but I guess i never really tested. I wonder if we can do this with other system entries, like logs and temp files, but only if it applies to all Windows systems, like temp files for example are the same from XP-10, as far as I am concerned.

In CCleaner, if you look under the Applications tab>Windows, you should find [Config.msi Folder*] which is just sitting waiting for a %systemdrive%\Config.msi to be created by an installer\uninstaller.   ;)

As far as temp files or logs, you need to be careful to not force CCleaner to scan the entire drive looking for logs or temp files.  But if there is a folder that gets created and is full of logs or temp files, then yes you can create code to clean out that folder and delete it and the code needs no Detect.  It will show up on every system.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

for [Device Manager Cache XP*], somehow the | changed location during this "Major update" so the correct entry should be

[Device Manager Cache XP*]

DetectOS=|5.1
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
Warning=This clears cached drivers of connected devices. As soon as you connect a new device, this file regenerates.
FileKey1=%WinDir%\inf|INFCACHE.1

There are duplicates showing up in the Chrome section.

post-15707-0-73457000-1490769412_thumb.png

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Duplicate entry names are not working, even if they are in different sections.

These entries are duplicates (one for Chrome and one for Firefox):

[Crash Reports*]

[html5 Storage*]

[Logs*]

[Temps*]

[updates*]

Duplicate entry names are not working, even if they are in different sections.

These entries are duplicates (one for Chrome and one for Firefox):

[Crash Reports*]

[html5 Storage*]

[Logs*]

[Temps*]

[updates*]

Yep, duplicate names are not permitted.   :wacko:

The bad part is that if Trim.bat encounters duplicate names, it may include both or it may omit both.  So duplicate names can cause cleaning code to not be included in the final "trimmed" winapp2.ini

Thanks for fixing!

Forgot to move to Chrome section:

[Extensions State*]

Forgot to move to Firefox section:

[Adblock Plus/Edge For Firefox*]

[Archived Data Reporting*]

Please use "Find and Replace" with "Match case":
Find what: Filekey
Replace with: FileKey

(There are 5 wrong written FileKeys.)

Updates: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/3d29a25d48a2ff6884d71ed6eff574d8466218aa

I am sorry to have to do this, but I am going to be taking a short break from Winapp2 for a few days or so. I am currently having a family crisis situation here. My grandma has passed away yesterday and I have been very upset to continue Winapp2 right now. The current development build of Winapp2 should be stable enough to use for awhile. I will try to come back to Winapp2 next week. I hope everyone can understand my situation right now.

Sorry to hear about your sad loss.

Your real life is more important right now so deal with things for as long as you want and need.

hazel

Seconded. In the grand scheme of things, winapp2 is an irrelevance. Do what you have to and ignore this place for a couple of weeks, and when you're ready, it'll all still be here when you come back, and the sky won't have fallen in for anyone not having an up to date winapp2 file xx

Updates: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/3d29a25d48a2ff6884d71ed6eff574d8466218aa

I am sorry to have to do this, but I am going to be taking a short break from Winapp2 for a few days or so. I am currently having a family crisis situation here. My grandma has passed away yesterday and I have been very upset to continue Winapp2 right now. The current development build of Winapp2 should be stable enough to use for awhile. I will try to come back to Winapp2 next week. I hope everyone can understand my situation right now.

Sorry for your loss. May God give you and the rest of your family patience.

What is the link to download the most  updated winapp2.ini (I guess that would be the development buld ?) please?

I currently download from [ https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/master/Winapp2.ini ]

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/ee06a5132c3b979c40dd028f236af2849b76b20a/Development/Winapp2

Modified entry:  [Movavi Video Converter (Logs)*]

Added FileKey2

[Movavi Video Converter (Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\MOVAVI
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Movavi\Logs\VideoConverter*|*.*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Movavi\Video Converter|Log.txt

Modified Entry:  [AVG PC TuneUp & Utilities Logs*]

Changed FileKey5 from |*.log to |*.*

[AVG PC TuneUp & Utilities Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\TuneUp
Detect2=HKCU\Software\AVG\AWL\RegistryCleaner
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities *|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Avg\AWL*\Log|*.log
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Avg\Log|*.log;zappapi.log.1|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Avg\log\fmw1|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Avg\log\tu16|*.log
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\TuneUp Software|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey8=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\Log\fmw1|*.log
FileKey9=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\Log\tu16|*.log
FileKey10=%SystemDrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Avg\Log\tu16|*.log

Modified Entry: [snagit 13*]

Added FileKey5

[Snagit 13*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\SnagIt\13
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\TechSmith\SnagIt|Tray.bin
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\TechSmith\SnagIt\DataStore\AppIcons|*.ico
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\TechSmith\SnagIt\DataStore\WebSiteIcons|*.ico
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\TechSmith\SnagIt\Thumbnails|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\TechSmith\SnagIt\TrackerbirdFiles|*.log
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\SnagIt\13\Recent Captures
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\TechSmith\SnagIt\13\SnagItEditor\Recent File List

New Entry:  [Kaspersky Now*]

[Kaspersky Now*]
Section=3031
Default=False
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\KasperskyLab.KasperskyNow_8jx5e25qw3tdc
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\KasperskyLab.KasperskyNow_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\KasperskyLab.KasperskyNow_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\KasperskyLab.KasperskyNow_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\KasperskyLab.KasperskyNow_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\KasperskyLab.KasperskyNow_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\KasperskyLab.KasperskyNow_*\LocalCache\|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\KasperskyLab.KasperskyNow_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32|*.log

• Moderators

What is the entry that behaves like the Windows XP Shellbags but for Windows 7 machines? IOWs to remove folder customizations please?

I thought those thinking they were "Cached Shell Extensions" were requested for removal from winapp2.ini not too long ago, but I could be wrong.

I thought those thinking they were "Cached Shell Extensions" were requested for removal from winapp2.ini not too long ago, but I could be wrong.

It was:

[stored Explorer View Settings*]

DetectOS=6.1|

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows

Default=False

Warning=This will delete window size, window position and view setting of all folders.

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

Why it was removed:

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=280902