Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators

Detect=HKLM\Software\Florian Heidenreich\Mp3tag because there is NO "HKLM..."  Mp3Tag: [Mp3tag Portable on X:*]LangSecRef=3023Default=FalseFileKey1=x:\Portable\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log
I'd add a detectfile and point it to a file within x:\portable\mp3tag

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Please change:

[AccurateRip Cache*]

Detect1=HKCU\Software\AWSoftware\EAC

to

Detect1=HKCU\Software\AWSoftware\EACU

There is no EACU key location for the version I use. Instead of changing it just add a Detect2 to detect it on your system so users of previous versions aren't left with a useless non-functional cleaner.

• Moderators

Please change:

[Mp3tag*]

LangSecRef=3024

FileKey1=%AppData%\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log

to

LangSecRef=3023   ( = Multimedia)

FileKey1=%AppData%\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log;Mp3tagSettings.zip

The backup settings ZIP archive file is there for a valid reason and that being the user intentionally clicked in the menu for Mp3tag to create it! It absolutely doesn't need to be removed blindly as it could be a complete pain in the ass to reconfigure from scratch like I have my configuration of it, and I'd be rather upset no make that pissed off if I'd lose my backup copy of the configuration.

• Moderators

The backup settings ZIP archive file is there for a valid reason and that being the user intentionally clicked in the menu for Mp3tag to create it! It absolutely doesn't need to be removed blindly as it could be a complete pain in the ass to reconfigure from scratch like I have my configuration of it, and I'd be rather upset no make that pissed off if I'd lose my backup copy of the configuration.
I agree

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

So, i use

FileKey1=x:\Portable\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log

and delete the line

Detect=HKLM\Software\Florian Heidenreich\Mp3tag

because there is NO "HKLM..."  Mp3Tag:

[Mp3tag Portable on X:*]

LangSecRef=3023

Default=False

FileKey1=x:\Portable\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log

The "Detect=HKLM\Software\Florian Heidenreich\Mp3tag"  should not be deleted.  It is in Detect=HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node... it does exist.

This cleaning code works fine on my Windows 10x64 Pro systems with the free version of Mp3tag.

[Mp3tag*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\Florian Heidenreich\Mp3tag
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log

Note that LangSecRef in the code above has been changed from 3024 to 3023 as requested.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Please change:

[Adobe Reader XI*]

to

[Adobe Reader 11.0*]   (same name as in winapp.ini)

The correct name of the program  is [Adobe Reader XI*]. I already have requested Piriform to fix it in winapp.ini

The "Detect=HKLM\Software\Florian Heidenreich\Mp3tag"  should not be deleted.  It is in Detect=HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node... it does exist.

This cleaning code works fine on my Windows 10x64 Pro systems with the free version of Mp3tag.

In my Windows 7 64 Bit it does NOT exists.

I searched the registry for "Florian" - NOTHING ;(

And I think that that is the correct way to "install" a PORTABLE version of a program:

No registry; ALL needed Files in the programms directory.

And if you don't like it anymore: Just delete that directory...

• Moderators

The "Detect=HKLM\Software\Florian Heidenreich\Mp3tag"  should not be deleted.  It is in Detect=HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node... it does exist. This cleaning code works fine on my Windows 10x64 Pro systems with the free version of Mp3tag.In my Windows 7 64 Bit it does NOT exists.I searched the registry for "Florian" - NOTHING ;( And I think that that is the correct way to "install" a PORTABLE version of a program:No registry; ALL needed Files in the programms directory.And if you don't like it anymore: Just delete that directory...
*couple things1 the os sees HKLM\software and Wow6432 as the same thing.2 not all portable is the same, some do leave tracks, stealth programs do not (ccleaner as example), but not all portable versions of apps are as clean

I just installed mp3tag on my system. It put a registry key in my Wow6432. I assume the other detect is for 32-bit versions, but I didn't see a choice of 32 or 64, so it must just go by whatever your system is. During the installation, it gave me a choice to install portable or standard installation, and I choice standard. The portable version will probably not have a registry entry.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

• Moderators

The "Detect=HKLM\Software\Florian Heidenreich\Mp3tag"  should not be deleted.

Exactly!

-------------

Mp3tag Portable is a true 100% portable, it doesn't create any registry settings.

• Moderators

It is wrong! All it needed was a Detect3= for that EACU key the other person posted.

The dBpowerAMP detect key needs to remain like the original cleaner had for it. It cleans AccurateRip cache for two completely different CD ripping programs; dBpowerAMP and EAC.

--------------------

Here's a correction for AccurateRip Cache including the newly added EACU reference, alphabetized:

Updated:

[AccurateRip Cache*]

LangSecRef=3023

Detect2=HKCU\Software\AWSoftware\EACU

Detect3=HKCU\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\AccurateRip\AccurateRipCache|dBAR*.bin

This was the original:

[AccurateRip Cache*]

LangSecRef=3023

Detect2=HKCU\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\AccurateRip\AccurateRipCache|dBAR*.bin

Edited by Andavari

It is wrong! All it needed was a Detect3= for that EACU key the other person posted.

The dBpowerAMP detect key needs to remain like the original cleaner had for it. It cleans AccurateRip cache for two completely different CD ripping programs; dBpowerAMP and EAC.

--------------------

Here's a correction for AccurateRip Cache including the newly added EACU reference, alphabetized:

Updated:

This was the original:

Ah OK. That makes more sense now. Should be correct way now: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/15d58878157f6d0bd7cca4fb67b67d2ca396f6fa

New Entry

[screenpresso*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%AppData%\Learnpulse\Screenpresso
Default=False
FileKey1=%Pictures%\Screenpresso\Thumbnails|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Learnpulse\Screenpresso|settings.copy.xml

[Revo Uninstaller Pro*]

this entry should be remove, somehow survived the purge :P 

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&page=183&do=findComment&comment=243084

i think we should combine [ESET NOD32 Antivirus*] and [ESET Smart Security*]

use wildcard to support other eset product like eset internet security but i can only confirm for these 3

and FK1 should be remove

unless you're enabling HIPS log, no entries can go to MB

currenly my HIPS log at 18.3MB with 58k entries

[ESET*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\Software\ESET\ESET Security
Default=False
Warning=You may need to run this in safe mode. You should also disable the ERA service to properly clean the ERA files.
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\ESET\ESET*\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\ESET\ESET*\Oldfiles|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\ESET\ESET*\Updfiles|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\ESET\ESET*\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\ESET\ESET*\Oldfiles|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\ESET\ESET*\Updfiles|*.*|REMOVESELF

FK1 probably means FileKey1.

An instance where spelling it out would've caused no guess work or confusion.

Yes I figured that much, but I meant like if he means for me to remove the filekey1 from ESET or if he took it out already or what?

Yes I figured that much, but I meant like if he means for me to remove the filekey1 from ESET or if he took it out already or what?

sorry for the confusion

actually i missed two query which to ask for anyone to confirm that the entry working similarly for other ESET software that use the same location as those 3 software mentioned - eset internet security(EIS),ESET Smart Security(ESS),ESET NOD32 Antivirus(EAV)

another one regarding the warning related to ERA - does using ERA generate big size log files which the Filekey1 needed?

As of right now, I am putting Winapp2 additions on hold for now, so no new additions will be added for awhile. I am currently working on overhauling Winapp2. Most changes will just be under the hood stuff. There maybe some others, like combing some entries and all. You can check out the progress on GitHub in the Development folder.

If you have any new additions to add, please just wait until the overhaul is done. Than you for your understanding.

Ok, first update to the development build was to combine all the ABBYY FineReader entries into one. It is also my first time trying to use wildcards in Winapp2. Please test it out and see if it works alright.

New Entries

[software Reporter Tool*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Software Reporter Tool|*.log

[setupMetrics*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|RECURSE

[Chrome Temps*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Temp|*.*|RECURSE

New Entry:  [Kaspersky Dump Files (.dmp)*]

[Kaspersky Dump Files (.dmp)*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\KasperskyLab
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Kaspersky Lab\|*.dmp;*.dmp.stat;*.log

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.