Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

Panda Cloud Antivirus > Panda Free Antivirus > now renamed to Panda Protection in version 18 and it's still fully compatible with WinXP. Although v18.0 has some issues on some systems which isn't just a WinXP only problem when looking at their support forums which is one of the reasons I suppose why they won't have v17.0.1 auto-update to v18.0. If someone wants v18.0 they have to manually download and install it, probably have to uninstall the older version first though.

Panda Protection v18.0 has an issue with not being able to complete a Full Scan - which is not cool after spending 75 minutes for it to just stop at 95%, I had to downgrade back to v17.0.1 for that reason.

It's still listed as "Panda Free Antivirus" and "Panda Antivirus Pro" on their site (and download sites). There is "Panda Global Protection" and "Panda Gold Protection" but they are their AV plus Internet Security and other stuff bundled in. Have you go a link to the standalone AV programs being renamed/replaced?

I called it Panda Anti-virus for now. If you feel it should be called something else, let me know: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/47144d07adc8a3d1adf4310fea518fa28bbf9397

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

If we really want to help many end users (and potential users) of Winapp2.ini, we should come up with a user friendly, easy-to-install/use tool that:

1.  Downloads the latest winapp2.ini

2.  Merges in the user's custom.ini

3.  Organizes the entries in alphabetical order.

4.  Runs a TRIM to match the user's system (no user interaction required)

5.  Stores the newly trimmed winapp2.ini in the CCleaner folder

---- all steps performed automatically....from start to finish.

Such a tool would most likely significantly increase the usage of winapp2.ini, particularly if it worked on XP, 7/8/10.   :)  IF I had the expertize to do it, I would, but I don't.

That would negate any need to worry about "obsolete" entries in winapp2.ini. 

Again, JMO

1,2,4,5 = voldermort

dunno about 3, maybe it will sort at 4

but

seem like no longer in development

TRIM incomplete@remove more that it should

got bug when you working with Portable Locations, winapp2.ini in ccleaner folder will get replaced too

if i'm not mistaken, voldermort download winapp2.ini from its own server so no custom url option

try it and report any bug/suggestion to him

he might be interested in releasing major update for voldermort

[Kaspersky*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\KasperskyLab
Default=False
Warning=Make sure to disable "Self Defense" before cleaning.
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Kaspersky Lab\*\Bases\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Kaspersky Lab\*\Data\Updater\Temporary Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Kaspersky Lab\*\Temp|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\*\Bases\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\*\Data\Updater\Temporary Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\*\Temp|*.*
FileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\~dumps|*.*
-fix warning

[MS Windows Game Statistics*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games\Chess Titans|ChessTitans.xml;ChessTitans.xml.bak
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games\FreeCell|FreeCellSettings.xml;FreeCellSettings.xml.bak
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games\Hearts|HeartsSettings.xml;HearsSettings.xml
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games\Mahjong Titans|MahjongTitans.xml;MahJongTitansStats.xml;MahjongTitansStats.xml.bak
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games\Minesweeper|MinesweeperSettings.xml;MinesweeperSettings.xml.bak
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games\Purble Place|ComfyCakesScoresAndSettings.xml;ComfyCakesScoresAndSettings.xml.bak;ConcentrationScoresAndSettings.xml;ConcentrationScoresAndSettings.xml.bak;PurblePlaceSettings.xml;PurblePlaceSettings.xml.bak;PurbleShopScoresAndSettings.xml;PurbleShopScoresAndSettings.xml.bak
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games\Solitaire|SolitaireSettings.xml;SolitaireSettings.xml.bak
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games\Spider Solitaire|SpiderSolitaireSettings.xml;SpiderSolitaireSettings.xml.bak
-change detect to detectfile=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Games so it won't appear on windows 8 and above

Just download the installer for what's referred to as "Panda Free Antivirus" v18.0, in the main GUI of the program it now has the name of: Panda Protection

That's what I saw when I installed v18.0.

I never thought about that, knew you'd have good reason to state it, but couldn't find it called that when Googling. I shall be taking your word for it though, not installing v18 just to find out given the potential bugs you mentioned ;)

New Entry:  [CyberLink PowerDVD 16*]

[CyberLink PowerDVD 16*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\CyberLink
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\cache\|*.*
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Cyberlink\Evoparser\|*.xml

Since some time has passed and nothing changed and no one answered me I ask again:

There is a folder called 'cache' (seems to be for faster startup) but the actual PowerDVD cache where all the thumbs, previews, BD-Live stuff etc. is saved and which needs cleaning is '%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\Caches'.

• Moderators

I never thought about that, knew you'd have good reason to state it, but couldn't find it called that when Googling. I shall be taking your word for it though, not installing v18 just to find out given the potential bugs you mentioned ;)

I haven't found any download sites which are calling it by the new name, most are still calling it Panda Free Antivirus, some others are still calling it Panda Cloud Antivirus Free - those sites still also have old screenshots of previous versions because the new version looks nothing like the old versions

See here, look at Softpedia's screenshots, in particular screenshot 2 where it says: About Panda Protection

Modified entry:  [CyberLink PowerDVD 16*]

-  Added FileKey3 

Since some time has passed and nothing changed and no one answered me I ask again:

There is a folder called 'cache' (seems to be for faster startup) but the actual PowerDVD cache where all the thumbs, previews, BD-Live stuff etc. is saved and which needs cleaning is '%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\Caches'.

[CyberLink PowerDVD 16*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\cache\|*.*
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Cyberlink\Evoparser\|*.xml
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\caches\|*.*|RECURSE

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

New Entry

CCleaner's built-in FontCache entry does not remove these files. These are locked files and CCleaner Free version can only remove them in Safe Mode. I guess CCleaner Professional version can remove them when CCleaner is set to run on computer start. I have not tried this yet.

[FontCache More*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\FontCache|~*.dat

New Entry

CCleaner's built-in FontCache entry does not remove these files. These are locked files and CCleaner Free version can only remove them in Safe Mode. I guess CCleaner Professional version can remove them when CCleaner is set to run on computer start. I have not tried this yet.

[FontCache More*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False

That FontCache folder doesn't exist on my Win7 laptop, there are three ~*.dat files just in the local folder though

Modified Entry:  [Flasher Player SharedObjects*]

Added ExcludeKey1 to prevent resetting the FlashPlayer settings in Google Chrome.

[FlashPlayer SharedObjects*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Torch
Detect2=HKCU\Software\SuperBird
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Amigo\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Chrome Plus\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Flock\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Rockmelt\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\SRWare Iron\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\SuperBird\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Torch\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\User Data\*\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\*\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\|settings.sol

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

In my opinion, [FlashPlayer Settings*] and [Adobe Flash Player Settings*] should be removed from Winapp2.ini.  I do not think users really want to remove their FlashPlayer settings once they customize them to meet their security needs on their systems.  This is somewhat like removing backups via Winapp2.ini for registry cleaners.  Plus [FlashPlayer Settings*] doesn't work on the latest versions of Google Chrome anyhow.  :wacko:

Also, I feel that [Favicons*] is an unfriendly entry in Winapp2.ini and removes favicons that users do not want removed. JMO  :huh:

New Entry

[FontCache More*]

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

I feel that this entry is something that will not be used by Winapp2.ini users because it doesn't work on normal CCleaner executions and going into Safe Mode is not a tactic that most users enjoy doing.

I feel that this entry is something that will not be used by Winapp2.ini users because it doesn't work on normal CCleaner executions and going into Safe Mode is not a tactic that most users enjoy doing.

There are some entries in Winapp2.ini that do not remove locked files. For example, [MS Search More*], but it is a very useful entry, just like this one. Unfortunately, CCleaner does not have an option to wipe locked files on computer boot like some other privacy eraser programs.

Why not then add a warning that it mainly works in Safe Mode?

Or perhaps we could start a campaign to convince the developers of CCleaner to implement a "Delete on Reboot" option that could be used in the cleaning code.  Say call it |REBOOT| that could be used along side |REMOVESELF| and |RECURSE|.

Then the files would be deleted the next time the user reboots the computer.  

• Moderators

Unfortunately, CCleaner does not have an option to wipe locked files on computer boot like some other privacy eraser programs.

And that's my biggest gripe about CCleaner, and the only reason I continue to use BleachBit alongside it. BleachBit can remove locked files after restarting the computer and after all these years CCleaner really should have that ability.