Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

I tend to agree for the apple ones, but removing driver installation files like the nvidia and amd ones should be okay, since they're not required for an uninstall. They're just left-overs from the installers. I will remove the entries if you guys would like them removed though :)

• Moderators

yikes

I agree too much

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Drivers|*.*|REMOVESELF

Many other things might keep things there at c:\drivers\ besides realtek

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Please do NOT remove the [Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Files*] unless someone can point to a problem that it is causing. I've been removing this for months on Windows 7 and Windows 8 with no issues uncovered...at least on my systems. ^_^

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

[Realtek Driver Installation Files*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Realtek

Default=False

Warning=This will delete your Realtek driver installation files.

I have one pc with realtek audio. This folder/location doesn't exist for me. Quick search online sounds like that folder holds backups of OEM stuff

I have one pc with realtek audio. This folder/location doesn't exist for me. Quick search online sounds like that folder holds backups of OEM stuff

It exists on my laptop BUT contains USB controller files, nothing to do with Realtek.

• Moderators

Don't those driver setup files create a unique folder inside of C:\Drivers instead of just unpacking all files in it, example:

C:\Drivers\Some Developer\Driver Files

This line does seem too broad/dangerous/generic/uncareful:

Don't those driver setup files create a unique folder inside of C:\Drivers instead of just unpacking all files in it, example:

C:\Drivers\Some Developer\Driver Files

Obviously can only answer for mine but here it doesn't, they are directly in the drivers folder (seems a strange approach if it's used by several software companies, one would HOPE they'd behave as you suggest if the folder wasn't empty on install)

After removing the NVIDIA Graphics Driver Installation Files, I tried 4 different registry cleaner programs and they all found NVIDIA driver related data as errors since the driver installations files were not present. I removed NVIDIA driver related data from the Windows Registry. After that, I was not able to update the driver or uninstall the driver either.

The [Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Files*] does contain the warning

Warning=You will not be able to do an uninstall of your drivers without first reinstalling them.

I've always been able to download and successfully install new updates (either released or beta versions) right over the top of an old version of NVidia.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Changing [Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Files*] from:

[Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Files*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\NVIDIA Corporation
Default=False
Warning=You will not be able to do an uninstall of your drivers without first reinstalling them.
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Nvidia|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2|*.*|RECURSE

to

LangSecRef=3023
Default=False

is a solution to the problem that Saad2011 aptly points out. I recommend this change be made. :) %SystemDrive%\Nvidia is an extraction folder that is used by the Nvidia installer when performing an update. After the update is completed, this folder is no longer needed or used.

Changing [Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Files*] from:

LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2|*.*|RECURSE

to

LangSecRef=3023
Default=False

is a solution to the problem that Saad2011 aptly points out. I recommend this change be made. :) %SystemDrive%\Nvidia is an extraction folder that is used by the Nvidia installer when performing an update. After the update is completed, this folder is no longer needed or used.

Yes, this one is safe but removing driver installation files from FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2|*.*|RECURSE is COMPLETELY unsafe.

Well the installer information is kept in the registry, try manually uninstalling via the uninstaller executable from \Program Files\NVidia (or whereever)

Without C:\AMD, I have no trouble uninstalling or updating my graphics drivers.

I have tried every possible thing, but nothing worked out. The uninstaller executable's were in the driver installation folder (C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2) that CCleaner removed.

• Moderators

Updated:

Updated: FileKey2

Added: FileKey3 and FileKey4

[VSO Downloader (Logs)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\VSO\VSO Downloader
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\VSO|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\VSO\VSO Downloader\*\items|*.item|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\VSO\VSO Downloader\*\log|*.log
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\VSO\VSO Downloader\*\items|*.item|RECURSE

-------------------------

New:

[Wise YouTube Downloader*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Wise\Wise YouTube Downloader\WiseDownloader.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\ThumbnailCache|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Wise YouTube Downloader|FileListConfig.ini

NEW ENTRY

[Neverwinter (beta)*]
Section=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Cryptic\Neverwinter
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\localdata|_SWMWindowPosList.txt

Revised Entry

Added RegKey1.

[Adobe Acrobat More*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\PrinterJobControl
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\*\Updater|*.log

New Entries

[ESPN Cricinfo*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\NativeImages\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\LocalState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNCricinfo_y1atfjxm9t5ma\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

[ESPN FC*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNFC_y1atfjxm9t5ma
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNFC_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNFC_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNFC_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNFC_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNFC_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNFC_y1atfjxm9t5ma\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNFC_y1atfjxm9t5ma\LocalState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\ESPNCricinfo.ESPNFC_y1atfjxm9t5ma\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

Revised Entries

Added FileKey1 in both entries.

[Auslogics BoostSpeed 5*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Auslogics\Auslogics BoostSpeed|rdboot.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\Auslogics|*.htm;*.html;*.log;*.rsc;*.sta;*.xml|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|DiskCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFailed
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|DiskCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFound
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|DiskCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsRemoved
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|DiskCleaner.AppLogic.LastScan
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFailed
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFound
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsRemoved
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.LastScan
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|TrackEraser.LastScan.DateTimeLo
RegKey10=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|TrackEraser.LastScan.DateTimeHi
RegKey11=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|TrackEraser.LastScan.FailedToRemove
RegKey12=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|TrackEraser.LastScan.Found
RegKey13=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\BoostSpeed\5.x\Settings|TrackEraser.LastScan.Removed

[Auslogics Registry Defrag*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Auslogics\Registry Defrag
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Auslogics\Registry Defrag|rdboot.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\Auslogics\Registry Defrag\Reports|*.*
FileKey3=%AppData%\Auslogics\Registry Defrag\Logs|*.*

New Entry

[Adobe Reader*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\LocalState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

Thanks, I am good at the regular apps just have no clue what is safe to remove from a Win8 app

BTW modified entry, added RegKey 1&2 to delete last open location & MRU docs

[Adobe Reader*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\LocalState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedPickerData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga!App\DefaultOpenFileSingle|LastLocation
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

Edit: added last open location

I recognized that some of the ExcludeKeys don't work. Conclusion: If you exclude a single file only (without a wildcard *), you have to use a backslash instead of the pipe symbol.

Here is an example:

ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\ProgramXY|file.exe (does not work)

ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\ProgramXY\file.exe (does work)

The pipe symbol is necessary if you use a wildcard (*) or a separator (;):

ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\ProgramXY|*.exe;*.log

Modified entry:

[ElsterFormular*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Landesfinanzdirektion Thüringen\ElsterFormular
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\elsterformular\*\log|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\elsterformular\*\tmp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\.elfohilfe|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\elsterformular|*.log

[Adobe Reader*]

Section=Windows 8 Apps

Default=True

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedPickerData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga!App\DefaultOpenFileSingle|LastLocation

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\SearchHistory

added RegKey3

these two Keys look like they can be added to most 8 apps

HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\ "APP ID" \SearchHistory

HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\ "APP ID" \PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed