Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators

There are softer reg edits to the same end

Why would we want the "same end" isn't that the whole point I'm getting at, we don't want that end.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort.

I took the matter to be mute at your first post, and completely understand and agree.

I wasn't being belligerent or argumentative.

I was speaking outside of Winapp2.ini.

I've deleted the entry.

• Moderators

The only thing is some cleaners that may not seem like they should be made available via the normal winapp2.ini (file) for average consumption of users due to the risk of using them could possibly be something Winapp2.ini (person) could have if he wanted it in his other collection of stuff not for average consumption, remember he was keeping some of those not that long ago.

Some of the people in this forum start fighting even on a suggestion. Have you noticed the entries listed below? Their Warnings explain everything.

[Apple Installer Cache*]

LangSecRef=3023

Detect=HKCU\Software\Apple Computer, Inc.

Default=False

Warning=You have to reinstall iTunes after adding a new windows user account.

FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\*|*.*

FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Apple\Installer Cache\*|*.*

[Apple MobileSync Backup*]

LangSecRef=3023

DetectFile=%AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Warning=This will delete all your iPhone backups.

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup|*.*|REMOVESELF

• Moderators

Some of the people in this forum start fighting even on a suggestion. Have you noticed the entries listed below? Their Warnings explain everything.

[Apple Installer Cache*]

LangSecRef=3023

Detect=HKCU\Software\Apple Computer, Inc.

Default=False

Warning=You have to reinstall iTunes after adding a new windows user account.

FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\*|*.*

FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Apple\Installer Cache\*|*.*

[Apple MobileSync Backup*]

LangSecRef=3023

DetectFile=%AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Warning=This will delete all your iPhone backups.

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup|*.*|REMOVESELF

I present the same argument I made to FreeRyde. These are not traditionally thought of as Junk files. Wanrings are nice but should be thought of along the lines of "The USER will, with a rough frequency of 75%, nit read this. Are they going to notice the breakage immediately?" Even if they do read it will they remember "that one time some warning popped up before the ran that one program 8 months ago." In the case of the first entry Saad mentioned definitely not. And the second one, woe be unto the person who loses all of their iPhone backup information because they didn't notice or forgot about the warning.

Also, I'm not fighting with the entries I decry, nor with the entry maker, I am presenting an (weighted by my "moderatorship" perhaps but still) fellow user's opinion on the dangers of adding things which we techies can deal without but would cripple for days the millions of users who aren't.

This stance goes back to the Windows Media Player Databases entry which either initially was "media player more" (or maybe was just noticed) and integrated into CCleaner's Windows Media Player entry, by the devlopers who, in all honesty trusted our entries to be safe, without the warning (see my argument against warnings above anyway) and resulted in MULTIPLE I lost my music library posts.

Edited by Nergal

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Does anyone know why IE 10 for windows 7 keeps creating a Adobe folder in the Roaming folder of the users/app data ? I don't have flash installed so am wondering why every time I delete the thing that IE 10 keeps recreating it .

I was thinking it's because of Adobe Flash Player, but you don't have that installed. I know under the old IE 8, and even other browsers just opening them causes the Adobe folder to be created under WinXP, but I figured that was because I have Adobe Flash Player installed.

jv16 PowerTools 2013 is in the release candidate stages and most likely will be released in the next few weeks. You can add the following cleaning items for it.

New:

[jv16 PowerTools 2013 Backup Files*]

LangSecRef=3024

DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2013\jv16PT.exe

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2013\Backups|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2013\Settings|UserActionLog.txt

ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2013\Backups|License.xbin_backup

Modified:

[jv16 PowerTools Registry Compact Backups*]

LangSecRef=3024

DetectFile1=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2009\jv16PT.exe

DetectFile2=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2010\jv16PT.exe

DetectFile3=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2011\jv16PT.exe

DetectFile4=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2012\jv16PT.exe

DetectFile5=%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2013\jv16PT.exe

Default=False

Warning=This removes the registry hive backup files generated by jv16 PowerTools during a registry compaction. These files are not needed once the compaction is successfully completed. They can be safely deleted. NOTE that the system must be rebooted following a registry compaction completion in order for jv16 to release these files for deletion.

FileKey1=%UserProfile%|NTUSER.DAT.jv16pt*

FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows|UsrClass.dat.jv16pt*

FileKey3=%WinDir%\system32\config|Default.jv16pt*;software.jv16pt*;system.jv16pt*;SAM.jv16pt*;COMPONENTS.jv16pt*

FileKey4=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService|NTUSER.DAT.jv16pt*

FileKey5=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService|NTUSER.DAT.jv16pt*

FileKey6=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService|NTUSER.DAT.jv16pt*

FileKey7=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService|NTUSER.DAT.jv16pt*

FileKey8=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*|NTUSER.DAT.jv16pt*

FileKey9=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*|NTUSER.DAT.jv16pt*

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Does anyone know why IE 10 for windows 7 keeps creating a Adobe folder in the Roaming folder of the users/app data ? I don't have flash installed so am wondering why every time I delete the thing that IE 10 keeps recreating it . I know it's probably off topic but figgered this to be the best place to get an answer or maybe some idea why.

I believe IE 10 was created for Windows 8 which has adopted FLASH as something that Microsoft will administer.

Perhaps IE 10 and FLASH became deeply integrated.

When Windows 7 users accepted IE 10 they may have accepted a Trojan Horse that is primed for FLASH updates - not from Adobe but via Microsoft Updates.

• Moderators

I believe IE 10 was created for Windows 8 which has adopted FLASH as something that Microsoft will administer.

Perhaps IE 10 and FLASH became deeply integrated.

When Windows 7 users accepted IE 10 they may have accepted a Trojan Horse that is primed for FLASH updates - not from Adobe but via Microsoft Updates.

Saying IE10 may contain a trojan horse if Flash And Microsoft is involved is uncalled for Alan.

Flash on Win 7 which has IE10 installed, still has to be updated in the 'traditional' way. It is on Win 8 that it is done via Win Updates.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I agree that Win 7 is still updated as before,

but it occurred to me that "feature creep" when Win 8 and IE 10 were developed,

might have resulted in the expectation of the need for "Roaming folder of the users/app data",

and perhaps IE 10 prepares the ground even if it takes no part in the installation of Flash.

New entries:

[EZ Backup Ultimate*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Perception\EZ Backup Ultimate
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\EZ Backup Ultimate|lastlog.html

[Presto Transfer Ultimate*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Perception\Presto Transfer Ultimate
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Presto Transfer Ultimate|lastlog.html

Modified entry: Connectify Hotspot

[Connectify*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Connectify
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Connectify|install.log;Credits.html
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Connectify\Installer|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Connectify\Portal|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Connectify\logs|*.log
FileKey5=%CommonAppData%\Connectify\cache|*.time;*.cache;*.runtime

- Changed name to Connectify

- Edited FileKey4 & 5

- Connectify 'Dispatch' is an internet load balancer for Windows.

Sold separately or including Connectify Hotspot.

- Both share same installation directory (Program Files\Connectify) and cleaning rules.

• Moderators

and perhaps IE 10 prepares the ground even if it takes no part in the installation of Flash.

I remember back in the late 1990s when Flash Player was an offered update on the Windows Update site, and was actually already built into Win98. So it wouldn't surprise me if Windows, Internet Explorer, and other installed software that require Flash to be installed don't just automagically create/re-create the Adobe folder out of sheer necessity. Not really a big deal though if Flash isn't installed as it would be an empty folder, and Windows is full of those anyways.

I haven't really messed around too much with trying to dig around and read what it's doing. In fact, once I saw that there was no way to control what flash does, I removed IE10 and reinstalled flash itself. You could watch video and all of that but unlike standard install of flash there was no means of accessing settings. Flash likes to just give itself permission to do things that I don't want it to do by default so because of that IE 10 went away from my pc. At least now, I'm back to being able to control what flash does.

I might install it on a junk computer and try to figure out how it's built into IE 10. It's definitely a part of the browser/OS but very protected. If it can play flash video as a standalone then it still has the ability to give itself permissions (and whatever else) like Adobe does if you leave the defaults as they are on a standard flash install. That kind on non transparency annoys me more than anything.

I'm really thinking about replacing everything we have around here with a MAC os just on principle alone.

New entries:

[VSO Batcher*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\VSO\VSO Batcher
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Vso\VSO Batcher\1|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\VSO\vsothumbs|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\\VSO\VSO Media Player\1|*.*|REMOVESELF
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\VSO\VSO Batcher\1|VideoFilesLastFlder

[R-Wipe&Clean*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\R-TT\R-Wipe&Clean
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\R-Wipe&Clean|*.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\R-Wipe&Clean|*.log
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\R-Wipe&Clean|*.*|REMOVESELF

Modified entries:

[Total Uninstall*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total Uninstall 5_is1
Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total Uninstall 6_is1
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Total Uninstall*|*.rtf;*.txt|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Martau\Total Uninstall*|*.Folders;*.cache|RECURSE

- Edited name, Detect, and FileKey2 (will now work for versions 5 & 6)

- Added Program Files cleaning

- Removed previous FileKey2.

It would delete program analysis databases (.tun files) in CommonAppData 'Installed Programs' folder.

[Total Uninstall Backups*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total Uninstall 5_is1
Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Total Uninstall 6_is1
Warning=This will delete analyzed programs, Snapshots, and Backups.
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Martau\Total Uninstall*|*.tlg;*.tun;*.zsns;*.zip|RECURSE

- Corrected 'Detect' ('Total Uninstall Backups' a no show in CCleaner)

There is no HKCU\Software\MartS\Total Uninstall

- There is no 'Analyzed Programs' folder (from v5) in version 6 (now called Installed Programs)

- Merged FileKey1 through 3

- Added .tun removal (program analysis database)

- Works for version 5 & 6

Recommend removal:

[Total Uninstall Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\MartS\Total Uninstall
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Total Uninstall|Log.txt;*.GID

- 'Total Uninstall Logs' is a no show in CCleaner

- Detect doesn't work. There is no HKCU\Software\MartS\Total Uninstall

- There is no log or Log.txt or GID stored at Program Files \Total Uninstall

I installed and used the functions of versions 5 & 6... Perhaps version 4 released in 2007?

- Found it to be entirely useless.

NEW ENTRIES

[Active Setup Temp Folder*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Active Setup Temp Folders

Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Active Setup Temp Folders

Default=False

RegKey1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Active Setup Temp Folders|Folder

RegKey2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Active Setup Temp Folders|Folder

FileKey1=%WinDir%\msdownld.tmp|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Wondershare PDF Editor*]

LangSecRef=3021

Detect1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wondershare\Wondershare PDF Editor

Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wondershare\Wondershare PDF Editor

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\Wondershare\PDF Editor\Log|*.log

FileKey2=%AppData%\Wondershare\PDF Editor|HistoryDatas.dat

• Moderators

Recommend removal:

[Total Uninstall Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\MartS\Total Uninstall
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Total Uninstall|Log.txt;*.GID

- 'Total Uninstall Logs' is a no show in CCleaner

- Detect doesn't work. There is no HKCU\Software\MartS\Total Uninstall

- There is no log or Log.txt or GID stored at Program Files \Total Uninstall

I installed and used the functions of versions 5 & 6... Perhaps version 4 released in 2007?

- Found it to be entirely useless.

It would be for the ancient/old v2.35 Last Freeware Version - I assume, which is available here. I know v2.35 does in fact create this registry key (so maybe not entirely "useless" for people still using it):

HKCU\SOFTWARE\MartS\Total Uninstall

Edit:

If it is for v2.35 maybe it would be wise to have the version number tacked onto the end of the cleaner name to disclose what version it's intended for.

Edited by Andavari
Fixed typo

I'll change that to Total Uninstall 2.35 Logs

It is ironic that an application that removes the residues of other applications should need CCleaner to remove its own residues.

"So nat'ralists observe, a flea Hath smaller fleas that on him prey; And these have smaller fleas to bite 'em. And so proceeds Ad infinitum."

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Ad_infinitum

Hi!

I'm new here, but I just want to give a notice, that the today update added VMware rule that delete all *.rnd files on systemdrive...

not only the VMware's. I think it's not good because it could be some vital file belonging to another program.

In my PC it tried to delete some The Bat! files - not vital but anyway...

[VMware Workstation*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\Installer\VMware Workstation

Default=False

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%|*.rnd;*resetlog.txt|RECURSE

Thank you!

Tom

• Moderators

In my PC it tried to delete some The Bat! files - not vital but anyway...

[VMware Workstation*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\Installer\VMware Workstation

Default=False

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%|*.rnd;*resetlog.txt|RECURSE

I'd imagine that FileKey1 would also make using CCleaner unmercifully slow on some computers as it scours through the whole hard disk looking for those files.

• Moderators

Are none of the following yet picked up by inbuilt rules?

[internet Explorer 10*]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\SmartScreen|*.tmp
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Vault\*|*.vcrd
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.old|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE

[internet Explorer Metro*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_001
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

[internet Explorer More*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Last Active|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey4=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.txt;brndlog.bak
FileKey6=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey7=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey8=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey9=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey10=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey11=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey12=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CNum_CpCache
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CpCache
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International\CpMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\PendingDelete
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats

also shouldn't internet explorer 10 entry be limited to win7's version of ie or is it validly picking up in 8 as well