Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

I recommend that [MountPoints2*] be removed from Winapp2.ini. It is causing disk labeling issues on Windows 7 SP1 x64 and x86. And according to the Warning it is causing icon problems with Windows 8. I have attached a couple of pictures showing a before and after cleaning with MountPoints2* check marked.

[MountPoints2*]
LangSecRef=3025
Warning=Can cause issues with Windows 8 System Drive Icon
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

• Moderators

I recommend that [MountPoints2*] be removed from Winapp2.ini.

based on evidence given +1

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

This also prevented auto updating of adobe reader from version 10.1.0 to 10.1.4.

[Adobe Reader 10.0 Setup Files*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\10.0
Warning=This will prevent a repair installation. You have to download the installer for a reinstallation.
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Adobe\ARM\Reader_10.*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-*-7B44-AA1000000001}|*.*|REMOVESELF

only FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS|*.*|RECURSE

is in winapp.ini, so I suppose I could take that out and leave the XP ones, putting in a DetectOS

I think it is better to have just the [Windows Media Player More*] entry for all the OS's, which I provided above.

• Moderators

no don't merge databases, why are entries constantly being made without thought for the actual use of the program. When you delete the database it screws up your library, it's a separate because

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Media Player|*.wmdb that's your ratings, play count, and custom tags (afaik)

you removed the warning completely

also the windows media player database entry isn't even deleting the wmdb anymore for the user but the networkservices user

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

I vote for leaving them separate as shown below (modified to reflect what is already in Winapp.ini [Windows Media Player]. [Windows Media Player (Databases*] should have the proper DetectOS added to prevent it from showing up in Windows 7 and Windows 8, eh?

[Windows Media Player (Album Art Cache)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS|*.*|RECURSE

[Windows Media Player (Databases)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Warning=This will remove ratings, play counts, last played, etc.
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Microsoft\Media Player|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Windows Media Player (MediaGuide)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences|CurrentBackgroundScanFolder

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Modified Entry: [DriverMax*] again. Added FileKey5 and FileKey6

[DriverMax*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Innovative Solutions\DriverMax
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Innovative Solutions\DriverMax\Backup|*.*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Innovative Solutions\DriverMax\Temp|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Innovative Solutions\DriverMax\TempBackup|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Innovative Solutions\DriverMax\Agent\Downloded Drivers|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Innovative Solutions\DriverMax\Agent\Uploads|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Innovative Solutions\DriverMax\LastScan|*.*

Is it just me or is there a bug in the ExcludeKey=FILE|..... that prevents it from excluding a file name with multiple periods such as globalize.culture.ar-min.js ??

I vote for leaving them separate as shown below (modified to reflect what is already in Winapp.ini [Windows Media Player]. [Windows Media Player (Databases*] should have the proper DetectOS added to prevent it from showing up in Windows 7 and Windows 8, eh?

[Windows Media Player (Album Art Cache)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS|*.*|RECURSE

LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Microsoft\Media Player|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Windows Media Player (MediaGuide)*]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences|CurrentBackgroundScanFolder

Why just for XP only? Windows 7 and 8 need these entries but with correct paths. The highlighted lines are for Windows 7 and 8 also. You can keep them seperate but, correct the entries.

[Windows Media Player More*]

LangSecRef=3023

Default=False

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Services\MediaGuide|CachedIconPath

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Services\MediaGuide|CachedLargeLogoPath

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Media Player\Transcoded Files Cache|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%AppData%\Microsoft\Media Player|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey5=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player|*.*|RECURSE

Modified Entry:

Added Detect2 so that the Intel folder is detected on Windows 7 x86 and x64.

[intel Installation Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Intel
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Intel
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Intel|*.*|REMOVESELF

Here is the seperate corrected entry. The highlighted line is the one that removes ratings, play counts, last played, etc (Databases). If you like you can remove the line but, then change the entry name.

LangSecRef=3023

Default=False

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Media Player\Transcoded Files Cache|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Media Player|*.wmdb

FileKey5=%AppData%\Microsoft\Media Player|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey6=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player|*.*|RECURSE

[Windows Media Player (Album Art Cache)*] is in CCleaner's Windows Media Player entry now and no change to [Windows Media Player (MediaGuide)*].

So whats difference here [Windows Media Player (Databases)*] + [Windows Media Player (MediaGuide)]* = [Windows Media Player More*] :)

I recommend that [MountPoints2*] be removed from Winapp2.ini. It is causing disk labeling issues on Windows 7 SP1 x64 and x86. And according to the Warning it is causing icon problems with Windows 8. I have attached a couple of pictures showing a before and after cleaning with MountPoints2* check marked.

[MountPoints2*]
LangSecRef=3025
Warning=Can cause issues with Windows 8 System Drive Icon
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

I never had any problem with this entry. I uses Windows 7 and 8. I just removed all the MountPoints and no problem with Windows 8 system drive icon. I am attaching a snapshot.

East-Tec Eraser and R-Wipe & Clean have this entry.

It most likely depends on the type of drives that are connected to the system.

[sonic Visualiser*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%UserProfile%\.Sonic Visualiser
Default=False
FileKey1=%UserProfile%\.Sonic Visualiser\cache|*.*

update for Jdownloader *.logs

[JDownloader Logs*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKLM\Software\JDownloader
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\JDownloader|*.log;updateLog.txt;*.lck
FileKey2=%UserProfile%\.jd_home\logs|*.0
FileKey3=%UserProfile%\.jd_home|JDownloader.log

I created a batch file to split winapp2.ini into separate text files by the category codes. I needed to get all the game entries in winapp2.ini into one file. I wanted to share it if some else finds use for it.

It also creates "rebuild.bat" which can be used to rebuild winapp2.ini using the splitted text files. e.g. to exclude a category from winapp2.ini, first delete its text file, or edit the categories individually from their own text files.

split.zip

Today my background is broken(no change everytime black :-( ) again .... And thats the resolve:

information: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/ab8e5a85-a2e5-45e4-bbb8-fbdb7d9c15bd

[Windows 7 delt Transcoded Wallpaper cache*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
DetectOS=|6.1
Default=False
Warning= You have to refresh your background! Information http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/ab8e5a85-a2e5-45e4-bbb8-fbdb7d9c15bd
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes|TranscodedWallpaper.jpg

• Moderators

What is

[Application History*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\ApplicationHistory
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\ApplicationHistory|*.*|RECURSE

?

I can't find it in the Thread :(

What's Up with Filekey 5-6 don't seem to relate to entry heading, and I'm pretty sure it deletes all the users cookies (and no it does NOT respect cookies to keep)

[LocalService Cookies*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\Cookies|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*
FileKey6=%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low|*.*|REMOVESELF

Suggested Modification

Current: Quicken Deluxe Logs*

Suggest: Quicken Logs*

as it works and cleans my Home and Business Quicken too

Proposed change (name and warning)

[speccy debug dump*]
LangSecRef=3024
Warning=If you have run Debug Mode at the request of support, do not clean this unless told the dump is unneeded.
Detect=HKLM\Software\Piriform\Speccy
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Speccy|*.dmp

Edited by Nergal

• Moderators

[software Protection Platform Cache*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

not sure where this one comes from but I can find no proof that cleaning this cache is benificial or prudent. can someone point me to something? or is this a case of searching for cache and adding it to the file :huh:

Seems to Have snuck back into the Winapp2 file. Follow the quoted passage for your, my and Hazelnut's discussion on it

What's Up with Filekey 5-6 don't seem to relate to entry heading, and I'm pretty sure it deletes all the users cookies (and no it does NOT respect cookies to keep)

[LocalService Cookies*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\Cookies|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*
FileKey6=%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low|*.*|REMOVESELF

I am the guilty party who requested FileKey5 and FileKey6 be added in this code....and it was an mistake to make this request. I recommend that these two keys be removed from [LocalService Cookies*]. CCleaner is not coded yet to properly handle IE 10's cookies on Windows 7 and this was an effort to clean out cookies of IE 10. Sorry about that. :wacko: