Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

That thread is rather old, the current version of WinappDebug can be found here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/tree/master/Tools/WinappDebug

I think in lieu of a secondary thread, I'll create readme pages on the github and link them with descriptions in the top level post on this thread.

Should  I unpin it?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I think so. It's a little easier to keep all the winapp2.ini stuff wrangled into one thread (and github is easier to maintain than disjoint forum threads)

Did and done

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

On 7.12.2017 at 22:46, Winapp2.ini said:

The refactor is on GitHub as reviewable commits. You can find it here: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/138

Please let me know if there are any glaring errors. Some of the above submissions may not merge well with this, please check against your local file and resubmit anything that is still pending...

Thanks for the big revision.

Missing asterisk:

[Awesomium - Internet Traces]

Space before asterisk:

[TeamSpeak 3 *]
(Or is that intended for correct sorting?)

Unnecessary trailing backslashes:

[Fortnite*]
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\FortniteGame\

[HP Logs*]
DetectFile2=%CommonAppData%\Hewlett-Packard\

[Dell Logs*]
DetectFile3=%LocalAppData%\Dell\
DetectFile5=%ProgramFiles%\Dell*\
(Odd: DetectFile5 won't work with the trailing backslash!)

[Many entries...]
The trailing backslashes after %EnvironmentVariables% and before the pipe symbols are also not necessary.
(e.g. %Documents%\|*.txt)

Trailing semicolon:

[Windows Defender*]
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Network Inspection System\Support|*.txt;

I made some DetectFile tests and found out that wildcards don't work as expected!

Work:
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Test*
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Te*t1
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Test1\program*.exe

All other combinations don't work:
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Test*\
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Test*\program.exe
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\*\program.exe

It seems that a wildcard works only on the last foldername or filename of a path!

5 hours ago, APMichael said:

I made some DetectFile tests and found out that wildcards don't work as expected!

Work:
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Test*
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Te*t1
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Test1\program*.exe

All other combinations don't work:
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Test*\
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Test*\program.exe
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\*\program.exe

It seems that a wildcard works only on the last foldername or filename of a path!

I will update WinappDebug to be aware of this soon.

Debugger tool updated: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/tree/master/Tools/WinappDebug

Output should be much more readable and actionable now. Let me know if you run into any errors.

There's also a new revision of the file out for you to inspect: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/blob/227c1e19870d5d6466791610f3c181f672724a29/Winapp2.ini

All the entries have been renamed to end with a " *" instead of a "*"...  a side effect of this will be that all your winapp2 settings will be reset after the refactor.

Revised Entry

Added: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState|TimelinePrefetchThumbnails.xml

[Photos *]
DetectOS=10.0|
Section=3031
Default=False
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState|TimelinePrefetchThumbnails.xml
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState\PhotosAppTile|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\PackagesMicrosoft.Windows.Photos_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\ManagedByApp
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

for [dvdcss *], FileKey1 deletes the folder for the DetectFile.  If one uses trim.bat, then the folder may not be present at the time it is trimmed.  I'd suggest adding an additional detect for the software like:

[dvdcss *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\DVD Decrypter
DetectFile=%AppData%\dvdcss
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\dvdcss|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%UserProfile%\.dvdcss|*.*|REMOVESELF

This way it will always be picked up if the software is present, and if the software is removed, then the leftover folder will also be removed.

33 minutes ago, PICPro said:

for [dvdcss *], FileKey1 deletes the folder for the DetectFile.  If one uses trim.bat, then the folder may not be present at the time it is trimmed.  I'd suggest adding an additional detect for the software like:

[dvdcss *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\DVD Decrypter
DetectFile=%AppData%\dvdcss
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\dvdcss|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%UserProfile%\.dvdcss|*.*|REMOVESELF

This way it will always be picked up if the software is present, and if the software is removed, then the leftover folder will also be removed.

the dvdcss folder seems to be created by applications that use libdvdcss so it's a bit hard to find a specific detectfile for it. Given that it's origin is VLC, that might do, but there's a wide variety of applications that use it. It might be more effective here to simply change the REMOVESELF to RECURSE so that the entry is non volatile

1 hour ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I would like to push this update soon: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/blob/02be21a40fc454a0005a5cfef005d0214dd60723/Winapp2.ini

Let me know if anything jumps out as wrong to you folks :)

I recommend that the DetectFile=%SystemDrive%\Config.msi be taken back out of [Config.msi Folder *]

The reason is that if the Config.msi folder is not present when you Trim the Winapp2.ini file, the cleaning code for [Config.msi Folder *] gets deleted and the Config.msi folder is no longer detected/removed by CCleaner when that folder happens to stay active following a program install or uninstall.  The DetectFile has not been in for quite some time.

[Config.msi Folder *]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Config.msi|*.*|REMOVESELF

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

2 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I would like to push this update soon: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/blob/02be21a40fc454a0005a5cfef005d0214dd60723/Winapp2.ini

Just a very minor typo in comment on line 652:

; Thunderbird entires.  -->  ; Thunderbird entries.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I think [iTunes Previous Libraries *] should be included into [iTunes *] entry.

[Windows Media Player Album Art Cache *] is already in CCleaner.

I think we decided to remove [Windows Media Player MediaGuide *]

FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache|*.*|RECURSE should be removed from [Cached Certification Files *], This location does not exist.

I think previous free versions should be removed.
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?do=findComment&comment=289149

Looks like you forgot this one.
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?do=findComment&comment=289148

There is no harm in adding [MS Word Document Building Blocks *] into [MS Office *].

Please change the Detect. It shows up on a system that does not have any Adobe CS products.
Remove %LocalAppData%\Adobe\AAMUpdater\*|aamul.log;aamun.log. It is already in [Adobe Updater *] and that's where it should be.

[Adobe CS *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\CS*ServiceManager\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\CS*ServiceManager\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\com.adobe.downloadassistant.AdobeDownloadAssistant|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey4=%Documents%\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\6.0.0|*.log
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\AAMUpdater\*|aamul.log;aamun.log
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Akamai\Cache|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Akamai\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

There is a CCleaner entry for McAfee AntiVirus under the Applications section. I have McAfee Total Protection and this entry still shows up. I think Piriform should fix the name or change the Detect. I have requested them a while ago, but looks like they forgot about it. There is an entry for all McAfee products in Winapp2.ini under the Utilities section. They can adopt this one. Can any of you have them fix this?

Modified Entry:  [CyberLink PowerDVD *]

Added RegKey1 through RegKey9 to clean cache info in registry.

[CyberLink PowerDVD *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect1=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15
Detect2=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16
Detect3=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\CyberLink\Boomerang\*|*.xml;*.dmp
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Cyberlink\Evoparser|*.xml
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\CyberLink\PowerDVD*\Boomerang\*|*.xml;*.dmp
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\DigitalHome|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\cache*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Cyberlink\PowerDVD*\CL_DMP_Browser|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Data5
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\ProgramInfo
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\CLMPSvc\MediaObj\MediaCache5\Thumbnail5

Here is a reference link that supports modification

http://shouldicleanit.com/apps/cyberlink-mediacache

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

I recommend that the DetectFile=%SystemDrive%\Config.msi be taken back out of [Config.msi Folder *]

The reason is that if the Config.msi folder is not present when you Trim the Winapp2.ini file, the cleaning code for [Config.msi Folder *] gets deleted and the Config.msi folder is no longer detected/removed by CCleaner when that folder happens to stay active following a program install or uninstall.  The DetectFile has not been in for quite some time.

[Config.msi Folder *]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False

This is how I have it on my system, and the two detects are there because it's related to Windows Installer.

[Config.msi Folder*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Installer
Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer
Default=False

36 minutes ago, Andavari said:

This is how I have it on my system, and the two detects are there because it's related to Windows Installer.

[Config.msi Folder*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False

The Detect2 works okay on my Windows 10x64 systems.  -_-

Revised Entry

Added: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedPickerData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App\DefaultSaveFileSingle

[Photos *]
DetectOS=10.0|
Section=3031
Default=False
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState|TimelinePrefetchThumbnails.xml
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState\PhotosAppTile|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\PackagesMicrosoft.Windows.Photos_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedPickerData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App\DefaultSaveFileSingle
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\ManagedByApp
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

15 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Many entries still have unnecessary trailing backslashes.

The trailing backslash after a path consisting of a single %EnvironmentVariable% only are not necessary:
e.g. %Documents%\|*.txt

We had fixed all related FileKeys in one of the last versions of winapp2.ini. Now there are all back.

I think WinappDebug has that test because %EnvironmentVariables% don't include a trailing backslash. Therefore, a path like "%Documents%Folder|*.txt" won't work. The test should check if the %EnvironmentVariable% is directly followed by a pipe symbol and then skip those FileKeys.

20 hours ago, SMalik said:

[Windows Media Player Album Art Cache *] is already in CCleaner.

I think we decided to remove [Windows Media Player MediaGuide *]

FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache|*.*|RECURSE should be removed from [Cached Certification Files *], This location does not exist.

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?do=findComment&comment=289149

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?do=findComment&comment=289148

There is no harm in adding [MS Word Document Building Blocks *] into [MS Office *].

What are previous libraries? I don't use iTunes so I was unsure how to approach this entry, but the entry struck me as a "backups" type of entry so I kept it separate.

did or does this location exist on any version of Windows 7-10? I don't have it on my Windows10 system either.

Any particular reason why? I think now that we've transitioned to merged entries for different versions of the same application (where applicable) it's not so much of a concern to keep outdated versions supported here.

This entry has changed a bit (merged with some other) as part of the refactor. Could you reevalulate the changes you've made here against that and resubmit?

13 hours ago, Andavari said:

[Config.msi Folder*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False

Given that it's related to Windows Installer, should we fold this into the [Windows Installer *] entry?

6 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

What are previous libraries? I don't use iTunes so I was unsure how to approach this entry, but the entry struck me as a "backups" type of entry so I kept it separate.

did or does this location exist on any version of Windows 7-10? I don't have it on my Windows10 system either.

Any particular reason why? I think now that we've transitioned to merged entries for different versions of the same application (where applicable) it's not so much of a concern to keep outdated versions supported here.

This entry has changed a bit (merged with some other) as part of the refactor. Could you reevalulate the changes you've made here against that and resubmit?

iTunes Previous Libraries explained here
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7498956

%AppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache  location does not exist on Win 7 and 10

As for Ashampoo Burning Studio, if there is a newer version of the program is available for free with support for more drives, who will install or keep the previous free version?

My AVG entry is compatible with the latest builds, yours is not.