Possible Registry Defragmentation?

Aceo91

nice possible feature for defraggler...

i can save to install another tool on my pc...

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Registry Defragging is at best useless and at worst dangerous and may disable your computer from functioning correctly (or at all). This feature's been requested a multiplicity of times. Everytime the answer from the longtime members is "this is not a safe idea"

on top of that

Slowdown due to registry bloat is thus far less of an issue in modern versions of Windows. Defragmenting the registry files (e.g. using a Microsoft-supported tool such as PageDefrag), has likewise been de-emphasized due to this increased efficiency, and is largely an automated process under Vista.

'http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner'

and also

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/50897-registry-defrag-program.html

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Reading so many topics here, I don't understand user's facination with messing with the Windows Registry. :blink: I rarely touch the Registry. Very little (if anything) to be gained and so dangerous. About the only time I can remember using CCleaner to clean the Registry is if I'm having a problem uninstalling/installing/reinstalling a program. Even then, I only let it remove entries directly related to the program in question and I ALWAYS have it create a backup.

Just my 2 cents. <_<

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

in my years of experience i highly do not recommend using any registry Defragmentation programs because Ive had experience of the registry getting corrupted and there is no benefit

also never use any registry cleaners you will always mess up the computer that way

instead use a disk Defragmentation programs only

• 2 weeks later...

To address the original poster, there's no need to defrag the system registry (not the hive files) because it's not comparable to a fragmented file system.

It's true to say that the creation and deletion of registry keys could lead to trapped redundant data however this has no bearing on the performance of your machine.

As for registry cleaners there's no such thing as safe cleaning, any program that hacks off registry keys using a set of rules always carries an element of risk.

Richard S.

I'd never use it cos I see more possible harm than benefit.

Piriform has a good reputation for relatively safe products. Problems arising after implementing a registry defragger would tarnish that reputation.

If you enjoy rolling the dice there are other programs that will do this for you.