let CCleaner clean Spybot - Search & Destroy logs

brotherS

Hi,

I just found out that Spybot - Search & Destroy created almost 100 MB worth of logs since I use it :(

They are saved to

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

(German Windows 2000)

Could CCleaner clean those too please? Maybe those older than 4 or 8 weeks?

CCleaner already does, it's in winapp.ini. Make sure you have Spybot Search & Destroy selected in the Cleaner settings.

22455[/snapback]

Oh, right, there is an option for that. I had that enabled already, but CCleaner seems not be able to find the logs in Windows' localized path :(

• Moderators

Then open winapp.ini and add another line to it so that it will remove the logs on your system. Or create the entry in winapp2.ini.

Example (FileKey4 is from what you listed in your post):

[SpyBot Search and Destroy]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\PepiMK Software\SpybotSnD
Default=True
FileKey1=%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs|*.*
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Spybot - Search & Destroy|advdebug.txt
FileKey3=%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy|Statistics.ini
FileKey4=C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs|*.*

If create your own entry for winapp2.ini you'll have to rename "SpyBot Search and Destroy" to something like Spybot S&D, since I don't think CCleaner would clean Spybot S&D with two entries containing the same exact name.

Is it possible that the real issue here is that brotherS is using an English localization of CCleaner with a German localization of Win2K? The German folder names in Andavari's answer are merely translations of the English lines just above. I don't know if a German localization of CCleaner is available, but if not, perhaps it should be.

Is it possible that the real issue here is that brotherS is using an English localization of CCleaner with a German localization of Win2K?  The German folder names in Andavari's answer are merely translations of the English lines just above. I don't know if a German localization of CCleaner is available, but if not, perhaps it should be.

22719[/snapback]

The CCleaner actually offer a German localization but I prefer to use English programs in their native language :)

Well there's been a couple of posts about something not being cleaned and both were German versions of Win2k or WinXP. So perhaps just trying CCleaner using the German localization would solve the issue.

22729[/snapback]

Well, switching to German localization caused more bad things:

scccleaner051123ver0028mf.png

:(

; Application Cleaning file

;

; Notes

; ---------------------------------------

; LangSecRef

; 3021 = Applications

; 3022 = Internet

; 3023 = Multimedia

; 3024 = Utilities

; 3025 = Windows

[spyBot Search and Destroy]

LangSecRef=3024

Default=True

FileKey1=%allusersprofile%\Anwendungsdaten\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs|*.*

FileKey2=%Programme%\Spybot - Search & Destroy|advdebug.txt

FileKey3=%allusersprofile%\Anwendungsdaten\Spybot - Search & Destroy|Statistics.ini

this worked for me without any problems and Spybot Search & Destroy still shows up normally in the program, nothing gets changed in the program nothing gets added, it only cleans it up now.

btw i have german ccleaner and using german version didnt fixed it, it uses english paths, maybe not for all but atleast for this one.

; Application Cleaning file

;

; Notes

; ---------------------------------------

; LangSecRef

; 3021 = Applications

; 3022 = Internet

; 3023 = Multimedia

; 3024 = Utilities

; 3025 = Windows

[spyBot Search and Destroy]

LangSecRef=3024

Default=True

FileKey1=%allusersprofile%\Anwendungsdaten\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs|*.*

FileKey2=%Programme%\Spybot - Search & Destroy|advdebug.txt

FileKey3=%allusersprofile%\Anwendungsdaten\Spybot - Search & Destroy|Statistics.ini

this worked for me without any problems and Spybot Search & Destroy still shows up normally in the program, nothing gets changed in the program nothing gets added, it only cleans it up now.

btw i have german ccleaner and using german version didnt fixed it, it uses english paths, maybe not for all but atleast for this one.

22750[/snapback]

Thanks, that did the trick for me too! :)

Will the next version installer overwrite winapp.ini or just add the changes?

For anybody who sees this and thinks that's too much trouble to go to, you can easily clear those logs manually. Open Spybot S & D, at the bottom of the left hand column click Info & License -> Statistics to view the log, click Reset Statistics at the top of the page to clear it.