Mistake in German translation

Hello,

I believe there is a mistake in the German translation of CCleaner.

In the Applications tab, for both Firefox and Google Chrome, in each case the last checkbox is labeled "Kompakte Datenbanken" (literally: Compact databases.) However, I would assume that in the English version of CCleaner, the word "Compact" is a verb, not an adjective. "Kompakte", on the other hand, is an adjective. This changes the meaning. A user might get the idea that ticking the checkbox will mean that "compact [adjective] databases" will be deleted.

So, the German translation should be changed so that it is the verb and not the adjective. Unfortunately, there is no direct equivalent for "to compact" in the German language. Possible alternatives are "Datenbanken konsolidieren" (Consolidate databases) or "Datenbanken komprimieren" (Compress databases).

• Moderators

If I had a Vote it would be Datenbanken komprimieren" (Compress databases).

However I don't

The developers do read all threads (though they rarely comment) so they will take this into advisement

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

If I had a Vote it would be Datenbanken komprimieren" (Compress databases).

However I don't

The developers do read all threads (though they rarely comment) so they will take this into advisement

On second thought, "Datenbanken komprimieren" (Compress databases) is in fact better, as "consolidate" also carries the meaning of merging multiple databases into a single one, which is undesired here.

Thanks for your comment!

• 3 weeks later...

what do these funktion: compact databases?

1.)compress the databases of firefox etc. or 2.)delete the content of these *.sqlite?

at first it should be in german: "Datenbanken komprimieren" or "Datenbanken packen":

Unfortunately, there is no direct equivalent for "to compact" in the German language.

i mean this is wrong from my landsman. sorry :-) translate "to compact" is in german "komprimieren" or "packen" like to create a zip-archiv

in fakt: compact databases - Datenbanken packen or

- Datenbanken komprimieren

at second: compact databases - Datenbanken l?schen

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

i have perhaps another translation under "firefox"

instead "session" - in german "Sitzung"

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"