Cell Phone Recovery

StephV

I can't seem to figure out how to recover deleted photos from my phone. I have a USB cord and the computer recognizes the phone, but I'm not sure if recuva does. Has anyone used recuva on a cell phone before? I was told in a prior email from the piriform team that it can be done, but I don't know exactly how to do it. I tried emailing them again, but they said they were too busy to answer it and suggested that I use the forum. I tried using wizard and selecting the memory card/ ipod selection but it did not work. It said nothing was detected. I also tried finding the phone under "specific location" but it doesn't show up. I also selected the drives for my phone but nothing came up when I did the scan. I don't think I was supposed to scan the drives but I don't know. I really need some help. I have to send the phone back to the insurance company soon because the phone's inside screen is not working, so please respond quickly if you can. Thank you for your time.

-Steph-

What make and model is your phone??

When connected via USB does it appear with a drive letter??

Richard S.

The phone is an LG env touch (VX11000) and there is no letter drive. When the phone is hooked up to the computer it comes up as LG VX11000 Internal Memory (Portable Media Player).

It sounds like your handset uses MTP (media transfer protocol) which is not compatible with Recuva.

MTP can only transfer files (like FTP) unfortunately it doesn't support low level read needed for data recovery.

Richard S.

It sounds like your handset uses MTP (media transfer protocol) which is not compatible with Recuva.

MTP can only transfer files (like FTP) unfortunately it doesn't support low level read needed for data recovery.

Richard S.

:( ok thank you.

• 3 weeks later...