CCleaner v3.05.1408

siljaline

Hello,

There are some avid users of CCleaner that find the delay in the release of the slim version a bit confusing.

What is the official Pirirorm position on this, please.

I was told in an earlier thread that extracting from the portable build would be sufficient to obtain the slim build,

however, once a user does this under Windows, the uninstaller seems to get skewed in a way.

What I mean to say of this is that the listed application under Add | Remove Programs does not jive with the actual

installed version as extracting the executable from the portable build to a previosly installed slim build complicates the issue.

siljaline

• Moderators

I don't see how just replacing CCleaner.exe and possibly the Lang folder if you use a non-English version of CCleaner could cause issues with the uninstaller.:huh: Sure if they add in a new lang .DLL file and you go and uninstall you'd have to manually delete the CCleaner folder but nothing more.

I was told in an earlier thread that extracting from the portable build would be sufficient to obtain the slim build,

however, once a user does this under Windows, the uninstaller seems to get skewed in a way.

There is no installer with the portable build.

A PORTABLE Application CANNOT tell Windows Add/Remove what its version string is or how to uninstall it,

otherwise it is not portable.

You are looking at the uninstaller that came with the previous installed/slim version,

so it is unlikely to tell you about the latest version string.