V3.05.1408 not compacting databases of FF4

Jacks

I upgraded my Firefox to FF4.0 and Ccleaner to V3.05.1408, this version stopped compacting the Firefox/Mozilla database.

My system is Win7-64bit and my Firefox is on drive F, the program clears all the other items of Firefox such as cache, history, cookies etc. the only item that is not working is the compact databases.

The configuration setup file has this setting: (App)Mozilla - Compact Databases=True

• Moderators

Compacting only happens "when needed" and I would guess FF4 is better at compaction at exit

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Compacting only happens "when needed" and I would guess FF4 is better at compaction at exit

You must be right, I discovered that FF4 allocate a minimum of 10MB to places.sqlite file and using Speedfox compact the file to 4MB, running FF4 will rest the places.sqlite size back to 10MB. this is done to reduce file-system fragmentation and improve performance on some systems.

I assume and don't know how to check it that Ccleaner will compact the places.sqlite file only if it is larger then 10MB.