Uniblue RegistryBooster

noelma

Hi. I have been using CCleaner for some time, and it appears to work well.

However, I recently downloaded Uniblue RegistryBooster on the recommendation of a friend.

It "detected" over 400 "serious registry errors" - even though I had just run CCleaner registry cleaner.

Of course, I would then have had to buy the product to "fix" these errors.

Is this just a marketing scam, or does our free CCleaner miss errors that other products find?

As the saying goes: "What ain't broke don't fix" if your computer runs as expected then you don't have any problems.

There's too much rubbish online, some are purely designed to scam and scare users into buying their crappy software.

Richard S.

• Moderators

Aggressive registry cleaning is absolutely asking for your Windows system to get screwed up to the point where you have to format and reinstall everything - not a fun chore at all, and why on Earth pay for some software to mess up your system.

I wouldn't use that registry cleaner since it's stated as "freeware" on websites, but clearly it isn't free! Bait and switch, and just because a registry cleaner finds allot more stuff doesn't mean it's better than CCleaner's registry cleaner.

Don't use Uniblue.

If you have to use some other registry cleaner besides CCleaner, at least use a more reliable one like Registry Clean Expert.

There are others that appear to work ok, but always be careful when cleaning the registry, & always check what's being removed.

There are, of course, many others, but I don't have time to list them all here. Use care when working with the registry. I have used Registry Clean Expert before, & they seemed to do good, but uniblue is something just waiting to ruin your PC.

I could twist your post into this:

Don't use an aggressive registry cleaner unless you want to have serious problems. ;)

That's correct.

Of course, many times you can halfway tell, if you know what your doing.

Example:

Registry cleaner suggests obsolete Google Chrome keys to remove.

If you already uninstalled & no longer use Chrome, this is a no brainer!

Registry cleaner suggests that .exe, .jpg, .zip are entries that should be removed for whatever reason (obsolete, unused, whatever).

No, never, never, NEVER!

Use care, & use common sense!