Speccy 1.09.231 is not properly reporting my AV and FW software.

Compumind

Just put it in a zip file, that should load.

On the Send Message screen I see, there is no provision to attach any kind of file. Could it be that as a Mod, you have the necessary permissions to attach files that I don't?

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

• Moderators

On the Send Message screen I see, there is no provision to attach any kind of file. Could it be that as a Mod, you have the necessary permissions to attach files that I don't?

Nope that's there for everyone. It looks the same as the full editor for threads

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Nope that's there for everyone. It looks the same as the full editor for threads

OK, I'm really starting to feel like a total idiot. :blink: They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here is a screen shot of the Send Messenger screen when I try to send a message to MrRon. Where is the Full Editor so I can attach files? (notice I was able to attach a file to this post, so I know how to do that, at least) :)

p.s. I also don't see a full editor option when I click on reply to a topic post. :huh:

• Moderators

Nikki go right to the bottom left hand corner of this page where it says 'IPBoard' with a little drop down menu, and select IP Board from the menu instead of the Piriform chice that you have.

See it now?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Nikki go right to the bottom left hand corner of this page where it says 'IPBoard' with a little drop down menu, and select IP Board from the menu instead of the Piriform chice that you have.

See it now?

OK, thanks... switched to IPBoard. Now, when I try to send a PM, it brings up a quick message window & when I click on full editor, the screen below is displayed. So, essentially, I've already been going straight to the full editor screen, bypassing the quick message window.

But I still have my original question - where/how do I attach a file to send the Speccy files to MrRon? :huh:

Thanks for your help. :)

• Moderators

This is what you should be seeing below (ignore the black smudges!)

So now we have to work out why you don't have it. What browser are you using? Does it happen with every browser?

In your forum settings (accessed top right of page via drop down arrow next to your name) do you have rich text editor ticked ? I don't by the way, just trying to troubleshoot this.

Anyone else any ideas?

post-1555-0-24030000-1305228662_thumb.jpg

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Interesting, there is an attachment section similar to the one I get when typing this reply. <_< Under My Settings, neither rich text editor nor flash uploader are checked. I am using IE9, it is the only browser I have installed. I just tried compatibility mode in IE9, but there was still no attachment section. The full Speccy specs for this lenovo T410 laptop are in my Sig. ;)

I tried it on my WinXP Pro SP3 desktop PC running IE8 and got the same result... no file attachment section displayed. :unsure:

It was not my intention to hijack this topic with what I thought was going to be an easy side-question... is there a better sub-forum where we can/should continue this discussion?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thank you for the Update @MrRon

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Speccy 1.09.231 is not properly reporting my AV and FW software.

Same here kaspersky not detected at all.

Seems to be all security issues are incorrect except FW

Speccy is reporting defender is running but under services clearly stated it's NOT running.

I've done dutch translation too (1.09 build 231).

lang-1043.dll

post-51424-0-76833500-1306409447_thumb.jpg

Same here kaspersky not detected at all.

Seems to be all security issues are incorrect except FW

Speccy is reporting defender is running but under services clearly stated it's NOT running.

I've done dutch translation too (1.09 build 231).

Upgrade to version 1.10 (the latest as of this date) and see if that cures it.

Let us know. Thanks.

No doesn't resolve it no Kaspersky (KIS) detected.

Wrong Defender information.

If you look a few posts back in this thread, Speccy 1.11 is coming.

Let's see if that fixes things! :blink:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi There

Just joined your forum. I use all of your products, and the reason I joined your forum is to input my findings with Speccy. I am using version 1.11.256 (64bit), as I am running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Like the others posting in this forum I am also not getting any info on my installed malware protection (KIS v12.0.0.374 2012 version, but the same for the 2011 version), but this is not correct for any PC's running Windows XP. Further research on my side show that it seems to only be a phenomenon of Vista and Windows 7 in the way Speccy reports. My kids computers running XP, and a number of my clients running XP, don't seem to have this problem and it correctly reports their version of malware protection, firewall etc. Yet on any systems I test with the other above mentioned Microsoft O/S's is a problem.

Here's a snapshot of my system with Speccy. All I notice is the MS Firewall/Defender etc disabled, as I would expect with Kaspersky doing all of the work and protection. Hope this is of help.

post-56202-0-01280000-1313158339_thumb.jpg

Regards

Andrew

• Moderators

Take a look Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 3TB HDS723030ALA640 reported as sata II should be sata III

thst has nothing to do with the topic, don't piggy back. start a new thread

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, AV info still wrong for me in Speccy v1.12 -

On my WinXP Pro SP3 x86 desktop, the BitDefender AV program IS correctly identified. :)

On my Win7 Pro SP1 x64 laptop, the BitDefender AV program is NOT correctly identified. <_<