1.09.231 & Athlon XP system

Superdos

I recently upgraded Speccy on a test machine that I have set up with Win7 SP1.

When I start it up and it gets done requesting information, I get this unknown, albeit unneeded graph under the CPU field.

Something tells me this is supposed to be for the CPU temperature, which, under a different program, CPUID HWMonitor, shows up as CPUTIN from the motherboard.

I'm providing a snapshot link and an image.

My motherboard is an EPoX EP-8RDA6+PRO with the latest August 2006 BIOS. the temperature provided in the image is the correct thermal value and shows the same in other programs.

Please also note that the two 39.1GB Seagate ST340014AS hard drives are two seperate entities and not duplicates.

Speccy 1.09.231 Snapshot

post-34280-0-32008900-1299408491_thumb.png

As you can tell from the snapshot, this installation is relatively new. it was done to see why Speccy would lock up the system (all builds before this one, this was untested) when it asked for hard drive info. I later found out this was user error and was related to the hard drive the system had been in before, running XP Media Center 2005 SP3.

Another note, When the CPU is at stock speeds, my board correctly identifies it as an Athlon XP 2700+. When overclocked, as it is now (Stock speed is 166MHz x 13 for 2.16GHz, current overclocked and stable speed is 200 x 11 for 2.2GHz at a higher FSB and therefore using the full potential of the DDR-400 memory installed), it only shows as an Athlon XP and nothing more. This shows up either way, though, so I'm guessing it's more of a sensor problem than it is a board problem.

I love Speccy and the ease it has brought me as a PC repair guy. When I have to make a quote on how much a repair is going to cost, the first thing I do is drop in my flashdrive with Speccy and use it to get details about the parts that make up the PC. I don't have to get down on my hands and knees and dirty myself opening up the client's PC! I just thought I'd bring this problem up as my CPU does have a thermal diode and is reporting it properly in other programs made by CPUID as well as others that use the same engine that CPUID HWMonitor is built upon (OCCT benchmarking). As I said, Speccy is wonderful and I don't leave home without it. little problems like this are the kind that I try to avoid if at all possible, because getting a temperature any other way requires installing programs on the client's PC, something I don't do without their explicit permission... and in that case wastes more time that I could be using diagnosing the actual problem.

Thanks for taking the time to read my wall of text... but hey, all bug reports are good bug reports, I guess!

• 2 weeks later...

in "summary"

CPU

AMD Athlon XP

AMD Athlon XP

Thoroughbred 0.13um Technologie

2 cores? i mean no :-)

Audio

Sound Cards

Unimodem Halbduplex Audioger?t

Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)

Playback Devices

Creative Sound Blaster-PCI

Modem Nr. 0 Line-In

Recording Devices

Creative Sound Blaster-PCI

Modem Nr. 0 Line-Out

why is "unimodem" at first and my soundcard second?

____

in "summary"

Audio

Unimodem Halbduplex Audioger?t

where is my soundblaster card? :-)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"