Unused registry key keeps appearing

pepe2

Each time I open, for instance, a program. The '.exe unused registry keys' returns to the problems found during the registry scan. This issue came along with 3.04, no problems with it before that one.

88032241.png

Pretty bad decision of the Piriform team if you ask me. The old way is way better, when it only scanned registry keys you actually don't have assigned to a program (like .DAT or whatever). Now it's giving me 'unused' registry keys even though they are assigned to different programs.

pepe2 I'm having the same issues with CCleaner too it's detecting file types that clearly have programs associated with them.

CCleaner = more aggressive?? I think more unreliable, buggy and destructive would be a better description for version 3.04.

Richard S.

pepe2 I'm having the same issues with CCleaner too it's detecting file types that clearly have programs associated with them.

CCleaner = more aggressive?? I think more unreliable, buggy and destructive would be a better description for version 3.04.

Richard S.

I fully agree with Redhawk's last remark!

Moreover if you try the solution given by moderator Twistedmetal, ("[solution] Registry Issues Keep Re-appearing In CCleaner"), going to the site of Dial-a-fix, will serious warn you with the following:

"Dial-a-fix does not work with any Windows OS higher than Windows XP. This includes Windows Vista, Windows 7.

Dial-a-fix also has a critical unpatched bug that will delete your C:\Documents folder."

So, until CCleaner has been fixed in a proper way I will not use it on my Win7 64bits system!

Dias

• 4 weeks later...